Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
twa3434stssers332.png

He took those tweets down soon after he posted them... makes me think one of three things.

1) Cena/Show is the "main event" of the PPV
2) He's dropping the belt to Kane
3) He's working the fans again :24:

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
See, this is what I get for just posting stuff I see on reddit before actually researching it. I notice now that the verified checkmark isn't next to his name like it would be if it was his account.

Springsteen

Number 2, Rafael!
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
No Way Out thoughts. Well if PPV's were judged by their undercards, this wouldn't even get a review. Thankfully the main events saved it.

Dolph vs Sheamus was a pretty good opener. No suprises at all it went on first, and no surprises Sheamus won. Dolph's time will come, it just wasn't tonight.

Santino vs Ricardo was a dud, this belongs on TV in a throwaway Raw segment, not on a PPV.

Christian vs Cody was fine for what it was.

Fatal Four Way Tag match. Wasn't bad, crowd didn't care, why should they.

Triple H segment was what it was, nothing much as a promo, just got across that he's challenged Brock at Summerslam. Expect another Heyman appearance.

Beth vs Layla. Nothing bad here, but it didn't really have a structure and the finish didn't really work.

Hunico vs Sin Cara. Basic brawl really, nothing to savour.

CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan vs Kane. This was very good, crowd really got into it. AJ inevitably interfered and inadvertantly cost Kane. Makes you wonder about her and Punk. But a very good match.

Ryback squash vs two jobbers. It was what it was, nothing bad, just your basic squash. I can't hate Ryback for this terrible undercard.

Big Show vs Cena. Better match than I was expecting. They did the double escape thing where Cena just beat Show out. Laurinitus is fired until at least Raw tomorrow.

Overall, about as good as you could hope for. The main matches delivered from a quality standpoint. If you paid for this you're stupid, because nobody should be paying to watch wrestling in 2012, it isn't that good anymore.

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Sheamus/Ziggler had some great work in it... but I hated how Ziggler was constantly going for the sleeper, I mean seriously... you could've hit the zig-zag a number of different times instead. Then there was the fact that Sheamus kicked out of every single thing that Ziggler did, but all it took was one stupid brogue kick and out went Ziggler. I just can't stand how they book guys like Sheamus and Cena to practically no-sell everything their opponents does, and then come back, hit two big moves, and win the match. Dumb.

I skipped past Santino and Ricardo... that shit had no business being on a PPV that they're charging people money for. Hell, that shit doesn't even belong on RAW, that's the kind of stuff they need to put on their YouTube channel.

Christian and Cody had some really good stuff, I think those two guys work well together, and it was nice to see Christian actually get to hold a title beyond one PPV.

So, HHH/Lesnar at SummerSlam... that should be interesting. If it brings Heyman back to my television set though, I'll be happy.

Beth and Layla worked well in their match, but Spring is right... there wasn't any real structure to the match and it was just kinda flat... the kind of match you expect to see on RAW.

Hunico and Sin Cara was boring, I skipped along in it until it was over... I just don't like Sin Cara at all. I'm waiting for him to suffer yet another injury too.

Punk/Bryan/Kane was the best match on the PPV as I expected it to be. I was personally expecting a Bryan win after AJ interfered somehow, but the way it ended was to be expected. I thought they'd ditch Kane after this match, but with the way it ended and how he carried AJ out, they'll probably go like this at least through Extreme Rules... but with some sort of stipulation in that match. Well, since it's at Extreme Rules, they could simply make it an Extreme Rules match and nothing else.

Ryback's squash match, again, had no business on a PPV... it needed to be on RAW... they're slow building him through the squashes a bit too much at this point, and it looks like it's going to continue with him facing three guys at once now. Yippy.

Cena/Show ended the way I expected it to... I've heard that Johnny Ace is going to continue on as a character, as
Special Assistant to the Board of Directors
, whatever that means. I think we'll probably see Vince stick around through the 1,000th episode, and we'll probably see Teddy go back to being in charge of Smackdown, and God only knows who will be in charge of RAW. Hey, maybe they can bring the computer back. :24 As far as the match itself goes, it was again annoying to see Cena get the shit beat out of him for 95% of the match, and then have him miraculously recover to hit two moves and then win the match. The only saving grace for the match for me were the guys coming out from the back to keep him from winning... and yeah, serious Brodus > dancing Brodus... if they can intermarry those two sides of him into a dancing badass, then I'm all for it.

Overall, I give the show a C+... it was like watching an episode of RAW with title matches.

Springsteen

Number 2, Rafael!
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
I don't think Booker had a good night on commentary again, but it was worth it for this.

Booker T: I just got three words. Let's get it on tonight!

lol.gif

78,866Threads
2,185,220Messages
4,953Members
Back