Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
That shit might fly in JAPAN, but then again all you need is to be a burly American to succeed in Japan, they go nuts for shit like Lord Toolshed there, but that shit hasn't been relevant in the WWE since like YOKOZUNA era wrestling, how awkward must that be when he's trying to unleash this long drawn out beating and the fans are chanting for a mediocre at best gimmick that the fans barely even cared about back in like the late 90s, I wonder why they even decided to bring this guy back now in like his mid 40s to make a comeback, it's not like he was ever popular enough to warrant this.

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Jesus Christ... Scott Hall was arrested again. This time for domestic abuse, and he was so drunk that the police refused to book him and sent him to the hospital instead.

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I just watched a video of the Cena/Lesnar altercation at the beginning of RAW... damn did Cena ever take a vicious right from Lesnar to begin that exchange.

Springsteen

Number 2, Rafael!
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
I think it's because it's a rare treat. Wrestling isn't as popular here as it was but people still watch it.

Raw was ok mostly. Enjoyed Punk/Jericho again the most.

Springsteen

Number 2, Rafael!
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Alberto Del Rio has been drafted to Smackdown by John Laurinaitis, but Monday night's 3 hour Raw isn't a draft show anymore, so there's going to have to be something good to fill the 3 hours (general advice would be to skip hour one), the draft has been re-scheduled for June 11th.

Springsteen

Number 2, Rafael!
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Really enjoyed Extreme Rules last night, for the main matches at least.

Kane/Orton was decent but the feud needs to end here and now.
Brodus Clay's match wasn't worth shit, even the fans are turning on him now.
Cody vs Big Show had a terrible finish. That's actually understating it, it was one of the worst finishes I've ever seen anywhere, just totally dumb.
Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan was really great, as I expected, got a lot of time too (longer then 18 seconds), really enjoyed it.
Ryback's handicap match served it's purpose, the Goldberg chants amused me no end.
Punk/Jericho was very good, didn't get going until the 10 minute mark though but the rest was brilliant.
Layla vs Nikki Bella was pretty pointless, they could easily have done this on Raw tonight.
Cena vs Lesnar was great, best match on the card.

Triple H is on Raw tonight, doing something.

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I only watched the Lesnar/Cena match last night cause I didn't make it home 'til that point.

Just started watching RAW... I also read that Brock threw a tantrum last night due to Cena's promo. The original plan that that Cena would be so beaten down that he'd have to be carried out of the arena... so he took it as a personal affront that Cena gave that promo.

Springsteen

Number 2, Rafael!
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Raw was ok but as a follow up the Extreme Rules it wasn't totally there. I believe Cena/Laurinaitis is booked because WWE don't want to use up much of Brock's dates. It is what it is, Johnny can still work hopefully.

Be glad Offtopicz doesn't share a server with a ROH board, because it would crash at Over The Limit with Punk/Bryan fighting. It should be an excellent match though.

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Raw was ok but as a follow up the Extreme Rules it wasn't totally there. I believe Cena/Laurinaitis is booked because WWE don't want to use up much of Brock's dates. It is what it is, Johnny can still work hopefully.

Be glad Offtopicz doesn't share a server with a ROH board, because it would crash at Over The Limit with Punk/Bryan fighting. It should be an excellent match though.

I was hearing that Brock is obligated to make two appearances a month... but I don't know if that's actually the case.

Punk/Bryan has the potential to be absolutely amazing... as long as WWE actually lets them work and tell a real story with their match and they're not saddled with a stupid gimmick or something.

Springsteen

Number 2, Rafael!
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Over The Limit thoughts

Pre-show battle royal which spilled over into the PPV - Paint by numbers battle royal really, nothing bad here though I missed the part where Christian turned face. The winner challenged either Santino or Cody Rhodes, dependent on which show they were on, but later in the show this was forgotten as Christian challenged Cody, anyway that's for later.

Kofi/R Truth vs Ziggler/Swagger - A good tag team match which the crowd really got into. Enjoyed this.

Layla vs Beth - Actually enjoyed this considering it was a diva's match, but these two can work. Good little match.

Sheamus vs Orton vs Del Rio vs Jericho - An excellent World Title match where the pace was nicely set early on. Standard run about it but the execution was excellent.

Brodus vs Miz - Pointless match, which did Miz no good at all.

Cody vs Christian - Good Title match where they ddi their best with 7 minutes. Good back and forth action.

CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan - I actually heard every single ROH message board blew up when this match wasn't on last, but it should have been. Excellent match as expected with a neat finish.

Ryback vs Camacho - Did its job as the buffer.

John Cena vs John Laurinitus - This really went on too long and was slow in areas. The Cena/Laurinitus commentary part was admittedly funny but the whole squash was slow paced. The heel turn from Big Show was pretty predictable and the pauses before it didn't really help. Overall this went on too long and certainly shouldn't have gone on last.

Overall though this PPV delivered, pleased with it.

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Just read that Chris Jericho has been suspended indefinitely for defiling a Brazilian flag at a WWE event in Sao Paulo.

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
It was stupid for sure. Oh man and I thought TNA was great last night, awesome match between Styles and Roode

78,865Threads
2,185,213Messages
4,953Members
Back