The Official WWE/TNA thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Springsteen

Number 2, Rafael!
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
I think he's great. Plays the victim so well and is a great arsehole heel, including doing things like this to kids.

tumblr_mhqjv9CWgq1r2iruko1_400.gif

I think he should go to a live kids birthday party, the kids all cheer because they think it's a guest appearance by their favourite wrestler, but then he smashes the cake across the room before going "fuck your birthday" to the birthday kid. Before storming off.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

EG mime

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
CM Punk is awesome! I used to keep up with him when he was in RoH and other various independent circuits in the U.S. I was so excited when he got called up to the WWE roster.

Honestly, when he first got to WWE, he was pretty lack luster. I think he was nervous about the environment, because he knew what backroom politics did to small indy guys like him (even though he was considered a huge draw for the indy organizations). I'm pretty sure he let other people write his scripts early on, so it limited him and made him seem... generic - when he's FAR from generic.

It's when he started doing the Straight Edge Society that I saw the CM Punk from RoH, except in a WWE ring. Everything else has been amazing.

I'm a huge CM Punk fan.

Dreek Lass

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.77z
CM Punk is awesome! I used to keep up with him when he was in RoH and other various independent circuits in the U.S. I was so excited when he got called up to the WWE roster.

Honestly, when he first got to WWE, he was pretty lack luster. I think he was nervous about the environment, because he knew what backroom politics did to small indy guys like him (even though he was considered a huge draw for the indy organizations). I'm pretty sure he let other people write his scripts early on, so it limited him and made him seem... generic - when he's FAR from generic.

It's when he started doing the Straight Edge Society that I saw the CM Punk from RoH, except in a WWE ring. Everything else has been amazing.

I'm a huge CM Punk fan.

Not really a fan of CM Punk. I haven't been since he entered the WWE and began to get pushed by the creative team. I just never believed his as the Champion. I tried to, but I didn't believe it. He just has no charisma, as far as I am concerned, and he is scrawny. I don't know about his mic skills, but he is definitely not a favourite wrestler of mine. I miss the old days, when I was actually emotionally invested in the fights.

rand paul

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
CM PUNK IS THE BEST CHARICTER IN THE WWE.
He is, he really is.And he has been for a long time.
Thank God wwe is pushing him.
I was in Chicago the night he beat cena, what a great match.

Dreek Lass

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.77z
CM PUNK IS THE BEST CHARICTER IN THE WWE.
He is, he really is.And he has been for a long time.
Thank God wwe is pushing him.
I was in Chicago the night he beat cena, what a great match.

I definitely can't agree. He lacks, massively, the charisma that the likes of Stone Cold Steve Austin, and The Rock, and Triple H and them. CM PUNK doesn't even come close. None of the guys from this family friendly era do. WWE need to do something to come back from this draught, in my opinion. They have to push someone because all of the old characters are past it.

kaiuk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.85z
Why is this thread backwards? on the other sub-forums the first page is the newest, but on this subforum it is the oldest. Not that i'm hugely bothered by it but it can be confusing for some - especially if you've been bashed on the head with a metal chair a few times.

rand paul

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I definitely can't agree. He lacks, massively, the charisma that the likes of Stone Cold Steve Austin, and The Rock, and Triple H and them. CM PUNK doesn't even come close. None of the guys from this family friendly era do. WWE need to do something to come back from this draught, in my opinion. They have to push someone because all of the old characters are past it.
Of the PG era punk is the best.
Followed closely by Jerico. I personally always thought The Rock was over rated

jwalk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
Does anyone know what's going on with Punk these days? I've read the stories about him walking out and quitting but I'm not sure what to believe. I'm guessing there must be some truth to it as he's not been back or mentioned again since. It's a shame really because he was one of my favourites.

NY Tall Guy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Does anyone know what's going on with Punk these days? I've read the stories about him walking out and quitting but I'm not sure what to believe. I'm guessing there must be some truth to it as he's not been back or mentioned again since. It's a shame really because he was one of my favourites.

I'm a huge fan of Punk...always have been, but he's on one of his hissy fits again...McMahon wants him back, as he hasn't buried him on TV as he could have done in Punk's hometown...but he was legitimately pissed that last year Rock came in part time, basically stole his spot, took the belt from him at the Rumble and lost to Cena at Wrestlemania...which I understood...then he had a beef taking on Triple H this year, which ended up well for Daniel Bryan, as he essentially filled that spot that Punk left open and now has the title again..his contract runs out in June or something, so not sure if he's going to resign...I think the dude's just burnt out and nothing satisfies him...except maybe AJ, who he's engaged to now, and there's pics of her with the engagement ring, so it's the real deal...but he's also a player anyway, he's went through more Divas than Clinton went through interns...but he never put a ring on it till now haha

NY Tall Guy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
apparently the thought is that he had a massive heart attack...it's like a storyline of closure that even the best WWE creative team writers couldn't have wrote better...after a nip and tuck 18 year battle and a WWE dvd mocking his existence, the two finally stopped fighting, called a truce and promoted a video game together with Warrior's likeness... last Tuesday his own dvd in his own words to counteract the one put out years ago speaking ill of him...then a nod of his work by being the headline inductee of the WWE Hall of Fame this past Saturday...being recognized with the other legends at Wrestlemania XXX on Sunday and then saying a what ended up being a final goodbye to his fans on Monday Night Raw...the most eerie part of that is that basically if one listens real close to his speech on Raw, you can almost sense that he was saying his own eulogy:

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper than something that is larger than life, than his essence, his spirit will be immortalized. By the storytellers, by the loyalty, of those who honor him and make what that man did live forever. You, you, you, you, you are the legend-makers of Ultimate Warrior... I am Ultimate Warrior, you are the Ultimate Warrior fans, and the spirit of the Ultimate Warrior will run forever!"

another part of my childhood dying away :(

RIP Warrior

David S

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I love WWE, not as good as used to be. I love it because of the unpredictability and story lines there are. There wrestlers do a good job of portraying the characters. It will never be the same when Cena leaves, he is incredible.

Kurbir

Fraud. Lies. Deceit.
Premium
Reaction score
Tokenz
758.45z
I did not have access to WWE as a kid so I am just now catching up and I love it, despite knowing it is fully scripted (it honestly makes me appreciate it more). I go on a binge every so often, hoping to eventually catch up.

I am currently in the second year of the Aggression Era (2003 if I am not mistaken), Goldberg is the world heavy weight champ and Steve Austin has just returned since being "fired" in the last PPV.

78,864Threads
2,185,189Messages
4,953Members
Back