The BOXING Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

skyblue

KEEP THE FAITH
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.34z
And it goes the distance with Fury becoming the new champion. Neither are anywhere near as good as Haye but 10 out of 10 for pure excitement and entertainment!:thumbup

fury's a bit raw at the moment,with the right training he could have something.......and he needs to shed that midriff

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Peter Parka

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Didn't realise that Fury is only 22 as well. Could have a good career ahead of him but dont think he's ready for the likes of the Klitchcos for quite a while. They dont want to rush him, there's no need either.

skyblue

KEEP THE FAITH
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.34z
Didn't realise that Fury is only 22 as well. Could have a good career ahead of him but dont think he's ready for the likes of the Klitchcos for quite a while. They dont want to rush him, there's no need either.

he needs the right management team,a team that see him as a long term prospect.lets face it,he's young,but a clever fighter...he was way to clever for his opponant last night

Peter Parka

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
He's said that he wants to go for the Irish title next, then defend his British title and then go for the European title, not a world title for a few years. Sensible. :thumbup

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
The Klitschko's will be retired by the time Fury is ready for a world title shot probably, the belts will be up for grabs.

Joey

Cum On Everybody
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
The Klitschko's will be retired by the time Fury is ready for a world title shot probably, the belts will be up for grabs.

I personally think David Price would beat and possibly KO Tyson Fury. Price is Britains future heavyweight Champion! Although I love Fury I think he's lacking a fair bit of ability when it comes to the boxing side of things.

Joey

Cum On Everybody
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
September 17th at Las Vegas, USA (HBO PPV)
Victor Ortiz won 29 (KO 22) + lost 2 (KO 1) + drawn 2 = 33 Vs. Floyd Mayweather won 41 (KO 25) + lost 0 (KO 0) + drawn 0 = 41 [WBC Welterweight Championship]

Erik Morales won 51 (KO 35) + lost 7 (KO 2) + drawn 0 = 58 Vs. Pablo Cesar Cano won 22 (KO 17) + lost 0 (KO 0) + drawn 1 = 23 [WBC Light Welterweight Championship]

Jessie Vargas won 16 (KO 9) + lost 0 (KO 0) + drawn 0 = 16 Vs. Josesito Lopez won 29 (KO 17) + lost 3 (KO 0) + drawn 0 = 33 [Light Welterweight Non-Title Fight]

September 17th at Los Angeles, USA (HBO PPV)
Saul Alvarez won 37 (KO 27) + lost 0 (KO 0) + drawn 1 = 38 Vs. Alfonso Gomez won 23 (KO 12) + lost 4 (KO 1) + drawn 2 = 29 [WBC Light Middleweight Championship]

September 17th at Belfast, Northern Ireland (Channel 5)
Tyson Fury won 15 (KO 10) + lost 0 (KO 0) + drawn 0 = 15 Vs. Nicolai Firtha won 20 (KO 8) + lost 8 (KO 3) + drawn 1 = 29 [Heavyweight Non-Title Fight]

Junior Witter won 39 (KO 22) + lost 5 (KO 1) + drawn 2 = 46 Vs. TBA [Welterweight Non-Title Fight]

Just a few quality fights to look forward to this weekend, as you can see I had some spare time on my hands to make it look all pretty, haha. I've placed my bets on all the above fights so hopefully I can win some money!!!

Joey

Cum On Everybody
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
lol even the "competitive" rounds still clearly went to Vitali

I think Vitali is highly underrated... people accuse him of fighting bums but the guy has no choice. He's 40 years old and looks like he has a further 10 years in him. Although I feel alot of heavyweights from the 90s could beat him, I honestly think he'd put up a competitive fight with most.

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I think Vitali is highly underrated... people accuse him of fighting bums but the guy has no choice. He's 40 years old and looks like he has a further 10 years in him. Although I feel alot of heavyweights from the 90s could beat him, I honestly think he'd put up a competitive fight with most.

I think Vitali could compete with any HW that ever fought, by no means do I think he's THE BEST but I don't think there's a HW who's ever lived who wouldn't have all they could handle with him.

Joey

Cum On Everybody
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I think Vitali could compete with any HW that ever fought, by no means do I think he's THE BEST but I don't think there's a HW who's ever lived who wouldn't have all they could handle with him.

It's just a shame the heavyweight division is at an all time low, when the other drivisions are buzzing in my opinion! Such competition in the lower weights.

Obdurate

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
It's just a shame the heavyweight division is at an all time low, when the other drivisions are buzzing in my opinion! Such competition in the lower weights.

I agree with these 3 posts. Vitali would give most HWs fits, but certain groups of people don't want to give him props because he's fighting in a weak division. The fact he handles these 'bums' so well makes a point. If he was almost losing every fight then sure, but the fact he goes in there and does his thing by handling the situation with relative ease and fights tall like a tall fighter should, helps his case.

lol even the "competitive" rounds still clearly went to Vitali

Oh for sure, but it was one of those fights where if it would have stayed like that, Vitali would have won every round but just looking at round scores wouldn't have told the whole story because it would have been at least decently competitive.

Oh and Joey, thanks for reminding me that Alvarez fights on the 17th, completely forgot about that. My god, as combat sports fans people are spoiled... some great boxing on the horizon, some great MMA, and some great kickboxing.

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I don't really like how people talk about the HW division being at an all time low, when the fact is it's ALWAYS been the weakest division, that's always how it's been, it's a division of shitty brawlers ruled by a few real athletes at the top, I guarantee you guys that fans during every single era have talked the same exact way we are right now about the HW division,

"Yeah but Tyson is the champ of the worst division"

"Yeah but Ali is the champ of the worst division"

That's just the way things have always been, 10+ years from now whoever the HW champion is at the time, fans will be saying "This guy is good but he could never compete with the Klitschko's or any of the other all time greats"

Joey

Cum On Everybody
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Oh and Joey, thanks for reminding me that Alvarez fights on the 17th, completely forgot about that. My god, as combat sports fans people are spoiled... some great boxing on the horizon, some great MMA, and some great kickboxing.

No problem, Alvarez is a great boxing prospect. I'll be watching all the boxing this weekend, the pro plus will be making an appearance this weekend :D

Obdurate

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Yeah, definitely. He could really go far if he plays his cards right.

I also really like Jose Benavidez, since we're on the topic of prospects.

78,866Threads
2,185,220Messages
4,953Members
Back