The BOXING Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Whoa, Chisora and David Haye got in a brawl at the post fight press conference, Haye allegedly hit Chisora in the head with a bottle and Chisora says he's going to find Haye in the streets and shoot him if he doesn't fight him in the ring, and all the while Wladimir Klitschko was laughing hysterically and giving thumbs up, what an embarrassment to the sport this turned out to be.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I'm very excited for Chisora Vs Haye, I hear Haye has already accepted the fight and that the winner might face Vitali.

Joey

Cum On Everybody
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm very excited for Chisora Vs Haye, I hear Haye has already accepted the fight and that the winner might face Vitali.

Yeh I heard this aswell. Haye Vs. Chisora will be a good fight, already being hyped up alot.

Joey

Cum On Everybody
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
It's nice to see some legitimate bad blood and not fake hype like we normally get.

Defo! Couldn't agree more... there's no way people can say it was staged. He glassed the guy for god sake. I kinda like the fact Chisora has kept his bad boy attitude even after the fight. Most people kiss and make up after fights. He just seems to hate the world at the moment.

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Wlad's statement on the incident:

http://www.klitschko.com/en/home/news/article//wladimirs-o/

Dear friends,

I am shocked and deeply embarrassed by the actions of Dereck Chisora and his team over this past week.

It saddens me how he represented the sport of boxing and disrespected the Champion of the World Vitali Klitschko at the weigh-in and fight night.

But even more embarrassing and disgraceful to the sport was the post fight press conference.

With journalists from all over the world in attendance, this same man Dereck Chisora, got into a fight with Adam Booth, the trainer of David Haye, and David Haye himself. Dereck then promised out loudly multiple times right in front of the press to "personally SHOOT AND KILL David Haye!!!"

For all of the great Champions from the past that have been polishing the image of the sport of boxing and giving it the glamour, respect and recognition while setting a good example for the youth of the world to follow, this type of behavior kills all that hard work from the former champs and teaches disrespect for the sport and fellow human beings.

There has to be consequences for these kinds of actions and must never be tolerated by the boxing organizations, the media, fellow boxers and boxing fans. It must be stopped, otherwise the sport of boxing is going to go down the hill fast!

I just wanted to share my feelings and thoughts with you and hope some type of action is taken to show the world that the sport of boxing WILL NOT tolerate this kind of behaviour.

With respect,

Wladimir Klitschko

Joey

Cum On Everybody
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Wlad is an intelligent bloke. He always speaks the truth and I'm surprised he didn't deck Chisora after he spat in his face.

Joey

Cum On Everybody
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Chisora & Haye could face life bans, says boxing board.

Dereck Chisora and David Haye may never fight again after their Munich brawl, according to Robert Smith, general secretary of the British Boxing Board of Control.
In a statement, the board confirmed it was looking into Chisora's behaviour "prior, during and after" the fight with Vitali Klitshcko, but as Haye is no longer a licensed fighter he is not under its jurisdiction.

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
A lifetime ban would be pretty harsh considering all the things other boxers have done over the years and not been banned, it's not like this is the first press conference brawl we've ever seen.

Joey

Cum On Everybody
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
A lifetime ban would be pretty harsh considering all the things other boxers have done over the years and not been banned, it's not like this is the first press conference brawl we've ever seen.

I agree, but it's got to be up there with some of the worst? Whats even funnier about this particular press conference brawl is that one of the people involved wasn't even involved in the fight nor the build up!

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
This was bad, but I've seen Floyd Mayweather brawl at press conferences before, not to mention all of his criminal activities outside of boxing, and he has faced no real punishment from the commission, hell they even postponed his jail time so he could fight, athletic commissions are terribly inconsistent in who they punish and how severely.

78,864Threads
2,185,189Messages
4,953Members
Back