The BOXING Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
there is an MMA thread, and a Professional Wrestling thread but I see no boxing thread, why is this? Am I the only Boxing Enthusiast on OTZ?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
as does everyone, but honestly both guys are really ducking eachother, they are both using this blood test nonsense as an excuse not to fight.

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I'll bet it would, it's the only real SUPER FIGHT out there right now. I'm kinda interested to see Shannon Briggs and Vitali Klitschko though

Springsteen

Number 2, Rafael!
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
That's another fight that might not happen, Klitschko vs David Haye, apparently they're accusing him of not taking their deal of money sharing, and stuff like that, it's awkward. I do think Haye should have picked a better fighter than that washed up idiot Audley Harrison though. I think it was a kick in the balls for the Klitschko's in all honesty.

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
lol Haye will never fight either of the Klitschko's. Shannon Briggs is out for Haye's blood now too, says he wants him after he beats Vitali.

Peter Parka

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Looking forward to Haye v Audrey. Haye should get a big knockout win. Audrey just uses his long reach to jab away but has a chin made of jelly which has been exposed big time when his opponent gets through.

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
lol you gotta love the mismatches you see in boxing, Champs only wanna fight the biggest bum they can find, I REALLY like this super six tournament, got some of the best guys all fighting eachother, shame Kessler had to drop out.

porterjack

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
dont follow much these days

used to be fascinated with the Ali Frazier battles of yesteryear

Peter Parka

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
A lot of it is the huge control American promoters have on the sport. It annoys me how every time we get a British world champion they have to go to the USA to prove themself, the're the World champion, ffs! American fighters should be queuing up to come to Britain for a shot at their world title.

porterjack

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
A lot of it is the huge control American promoters have on the sport. It annoys me how every time we get a British world champion they have to go to the USA to prove themself, the're the World champion, ffs! American fighters should be queuing up to come to Britain for a shot at their world title.
did you consider lennox lewis Brit or canadian

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z

the problem with that is corrupt hometown judges, I've seen far too many robberies in boxing, I feel a title fight should not take place in either guy's home country, if a fight goes to a decision the hometown hero is almost always gonna walk away with it.

Peter Parka

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
did you consider lennox lewis Brit or canadian

He's a West Ham supporter so his nationality is of secondary importance.:D

the problem with that is corrupt hometown judges, I've seen far too many robberies in boxing, I feel a title fight should not take place in either guy's home country, if a fight goes to a decision the hometown hero is almost always gonna walk away with it.

Well the key there is to not have hometown judges although I know the audience could sway the judges slightly. It's disappointing though that when Lennox Lewis was world champion he was keen to have a title fight in East London at the home of West Ham who he supports but couldn't get it. I think a world champion has earned the right to a home town fight.

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
it'd be nice, but I've just seen too many people get fucked over due to corrupt Reffing and Judging, I hate to see a fight take place in either guy's hometown, title fight takes place in England with a British Champ he is getting the decision pretty much no matter what, same thing if it were to happen in the US with an American champ or anywhere else, there is too much corruption in boxing.

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
yup, Dirrell is a fucking coward, he's never showed an ounce of heart in his entire career and now he's claiming the extra punch from King Arthur has somehow rendered him incapable of continuing in the tournament, Dirrell is a disgrace to boxing.

78,864Threads
2,185,189Messages
4,953Members
Back