0.00z
wrestling-fail.jpg

Springsteen

Number 2, Rafael!
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
News on Haye/Klitschko

WBA heavyweight champion David Haye hopes to take on WBO and IBF champion Wladimir Klitschko in July after rescheduling his next fight.
Haye claims a mandatory defence against Ruslan Chagaev in May has been cancelled, allowing time for the bout.
The Briton, 30, aims to unify the titles before retiring later this year.

"One way or another my next fight is going to be in July. I am hoping it is going to be against Wladimir Klitschko," he told BBC Sport.

Negotiations over the staging of the fight stalled in December with the two camps wrangling over the details of the contest.

But Haye is hopeful that a deal could now be struck, with a 2 July date most likely.

"I believe we are pretty close to agreeing. That's what I believe. Whether we are or not is a whole different matter," he added.

"It seems at this stage that we are ready to do it, so hopefully they are. We should know something more in the next few days."

Haye confirmed that he still intends to take on Wladimir's brother Vitali, the WBC champion, in his final fight before retiring ahead of turning 31 in October.

The Londoner was due to fight Chagaev in May, but the Uzbek has had problems obtaining a boxing licence in Britain as he suffers from hepatitis B.

A potential obstacle to Haye's plans is Wladimir's voluntary defence against Britain's Derek Chisora on 30 April - a little over two months before a proposed fight with Haye.

Haye admitted in January that a 2 July meeting was "effectively impossible" unless Wladimir stepped away from his fight with Chisora.

BBC Sport

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Last I heard Haye had canceled his upcoming fight and they're in negotiations for Haye Vs Klit, let's hope they can come to an agreement.

Peter Parka

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Haye v Klitschko is on!:banana2:

David Haye to fight Wladimir Klitschko in summer

_51543467_011457767-1.jpg Haye (right) pulled out of a scheduled fight with Wladimir (left) in 2009, citing an injury

WBA heavyweight champion David Haye will fight IBF and WBO champion Wladimir Klitschko in Germany on either 25 June or 2 July.
On Saturday, Klitschko withdrew from his bout against Britain's Dereck Chisora that was set for 30 April.
And Haye told the BBC that an agreement had been struck on Saturday night: "I finally had a contract in front of me and couldn't wait to put pen to paper.
"It's the fight every boxing fan has to see, and every sports fan."
A protracted recovery from a stomach muscle injury was given as the reason for Klitschko cancelling the Chisora fight.
Klitschko's manager, Bernd Boente told German newspaper Welt am Sonntag that the fight against Haye could take place at one of three football stadiums - Dortmund, Gelsenkirchen or Kaiserslautern.
The announcement brings to a conclusion the long-running saga to get the bout staged.
A back injury forced Haye, the WBA champion, to withdraw from a fight with Klitschko in 2009. And talks stalled last December with the two camps wrangling over the details of the contest.
Haye continued: "The fight will be either June 25 or July 2, either date is fine by me.

"He is ranked by many as the best heavyweight in the world - in front of myself, even though I'm the WBA champion."
On the negotiation process, Haye said: "He wanted all these little things - he's a bit precious, is Wladimir, so I gave him all these little things to make him feel like he'd got a mental edge.
"The terms were right, it's a fair deal - it's a 50-50 split, that's what they wanted and that's what I wanted.
"I'll just make sure the referee can count to 10, then I'm the new unified heavyweight champion of the world.
"Here it is - end of June, beginning of July - let's get ready to rumble."
Haye claimed that he has already begun preparation for the fight.
"I've been training, I've been out in Miami and done two months of hardcore conditioning, ready for the hardcore boxing training," he said.
"I'm firing on all cylinders, I can't wait to get Wladimir in that ring - it's the fight I've wanted for so long."

BBC

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
That is great news, let's keep our fingers crossed that nothing happens between now and then that cancels the fight lol

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Haye Vs Klitschko might be off, I'm hearing that Wladimir has suffered an abdominal tear and might have to pull out of the fight, Vitali could be stepping in for him provided he gets through his next fight unscathed.

Springsteen

Number 2, Rafael!
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
I'd be happy to see him fight either to be honest.

I still cling onto my Mayweather/Pacquiao dream. I'm telling you, that'll be the highest drawing boxing match of all time.

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I'm not going to get my hopes up about him fighting either Klitschko, or for Mayweather Vs Pacquiao.

78,866Threads
2,185,220Messages
4,953Members
Back