Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,926.55z
I've gained weight recently. :ninja I weighed myself for the first time since Christmas and was shocked to discover that I'm back up to 170lbs. :willy_nilly:

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
My weight has been up and down and up and down by like 3lbs for months now...I gained 1.5lbs last week, but my measurements are actually a bit smaller...I've been a salt-aholic lately I think my weigh in might be better this week.

It's getting so old, I swear, a lot of days I think I'd do better just giving up on the diet and tracking and trying to eat mindfully and live my life actively. 2+ years on a diet is fucking hard and I feel worn down.

dancingpotato

Banned PER USER's Request
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I really do applaud you and Tasha for the hard work you guys have put in to lose so much weight Carly. I feel like I live my life on a diet when in reality I just need to bite the bullet, diet properly for a couple months and I will have lost the weight I want to. I just do well for so long then gain it back, I've never had to lose more than about 28lb though. Try and remember the positive things like how far you have come and how much better you look and feel and what a difference the weight loss has made to your life and how much it would kill you to go back to the start and have to do it all again.

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Thank you, it definitely is a cycle for a lot of people with motivation and strictness...I don't really feel impressed by my weight loss anymore, because I am like 175 and want to be 155 or less. That's all I can think of. I don't want to have come this far to still be fat. D:

It's tough!

dancingpotato

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
The more you have to lose the harder it is to lose the last few pounds. Keep at it, it is tough but think how good it will feel when you get there. 20lb compared to what you had to lose in the beginning is hardly anything, but I do understand your frustration. I get annoyed at myself for not being strict. However, I spent my morning making a meal plan for each day til I go on holiday. I have 5lb to lose til I reach my stone (14lb) goal for holiday and only 1 week left to do it in. So I have to be strict this week.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,334.15z
Aww, thanks Laurie. :)

I totally get your frustrations, Carly. I've been dieting for 2 years now, too. The first year was awesome...the second year has been one long ass plateau, LOL It get's frustrating and it's really hard to stay encouraged sometimes...but then I look at old pictures and get the swift kick in the ass I need, LOL

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,334.15z
After 3 days off w/ this fucking vertigo I finally made the trek back to the gym today. Woot woot!!!

dancingpotato

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Woohoo!! I've 80 mins to complete to hit my target. I've 1 maybe 2 days to do it in. Determined to complete it before I go on holiday on Sunday!

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,334.15z
I can sympathize. I've had it so bad that I was throwing up every time I moved. It's got to be one of the most disgusting feelings ever. Glad you're feeling better.

Thanks!!! :) And wow, you had it way worse than me. It makes me nauseous and everything spins when I turn my head, but I never threw up. It takes A LOT to make me throw up, though. I'm going to try to get in w/ a doctor tomorrow to get a referral to a neurologist just to get things checked out b/c my migraines have gotten more frequent and now I've got this going on. It just concerns me b/c the last time I had vertigo I wound up in the hospital for 3 days b/c my first CT scan showed a possible bleed at the base of my skull. Secondary CT w/ contrast showed no bleed, though. Still, it's concerning.

Weebs

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Getting harder to keep to my goals.. but I am getting there. Don't even have time to post here anymore with the season changing toward warmer weather.
My son just got his MC license and we have been riding around like Hell's Angels. (ok diner hopping) lols

Just opened the pool.. Green slime sux.. Yes the job is still owning me, And to make matters even nuttier, we now have 4 doggies to take care of... 2 AKC English Bulldogs, 1 AKC Pug... and now a rescued
Olde English Bulldog... pant pant..

However, I resolve to continue even if I can't post here much over the Summer!

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,926.55z
Ugh. Now my upper arm is sore. I went for my work out this afternoon and all was good. Came home and sat on the couch for a while and all of a sudden my arm is all stiff and sore like I over worked it or something. My work out wasn't a very intense one either so I guess my arm is just being a whiny bitch or something. :mad

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,334.15z
Well, I haven't been doing so well as far as workouts, go...but I've lost 4.5 pounds in the past 6 days due to being sick, LOL

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,334.15z
Didn't meet my goals for May. I slacked off too many days due to being sick. Blech.

Hopefully I can get back on track next month. New thread is up!!! :)

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I'm hoping to put the last 7 months behind me heh...that's one fuck of a plateau...
The amount of times I've gone on about this very subject alone make me feel pretty hopeless about ever changing. Like what's different about this time?
I'm trying to pump myself about getting fit for my wedding...

It's so annoying being this way :p

*Oh but on the bright side, I've not eaten sweets (aside from extra dark chocolate and fruit in moderation) in about 11 days! I was struggling with cookies, jelly, ice cream, and sugary chocolate stuff for months. I find my cravings are curbed by the dark chocolate.

Last edited by a moderator:
78,864Threads
2,185,187Messages
4,953Members
Back