Participants list

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,334.15z
Re: August Exercise Challenge

Hey, hot shot, if 83 minutes a day is so simple, why not make your goal bigger??? :p

Siphorous

Anticipation
Reaction score
Tokenz
199.13z

Hmm. As I get older, it seems to get harder. I'd join in but I tend to only do 4 days a week and not all of that is cardio related etc.

Kudos to those that set goals and go for it though :thumbup

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,334.15z

Hmm. As I get older, it seems to get harder. I'd join in but I tend to only do 4 days a week and not all of that is cardio related etc.

Kudos to those that set goals and go for it though :thumbup
Doesn't matter how often you exercise...if you'd like to join us, please do!!! ;)

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,334.15z

Now you've put me on the spot :) - would I have to set a goal or can I say what I did each day that I did?
LOL...please don't feel put on the spot. We would love to have you join us...but if you don't want to, that's okay. ;) I'm a "come as you are" kinda girl...so if you don't want to set a goal, that's cool. If you would like to, you could just make it something like "4 workouts a week" or something to that effect.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,334.15z

You're too kind. :) 4 workouts a week is a good idea with an additional goal too.

Today I did 10km on the bike in 17m 51seconds in some cardio and then the cooldown exercise. I could set a goal to improve that to say... 17minutes. Don't know if that's too ambitious (I was going for it). I tend to have the bike on alternating wattage and will stick to the same so that I don't bias the time etc.

Other (non cardio) workouts I can put here so I can see if I'm improving too maybe.
Yay!!! You can add your workout everyday (or every few days or whenever you want) and I'll merge the posts together as the month goes along.

Siphorous

Anticipation
Reaction score
Tokenz
199.13z

Yay!!! You can add your workout everyday (or every few days or whenever you want) and I'll merge the posts together as the month goes along.

Cheers :) Mine tend to be limited due to my lunch hour. Much like most of my colleagues at work - we go during the lunch break and do a bit most days. I don't do Fridays as I travel back to my hometown (rather than where I work) after work is done.

Looking at your first post and what you've done - I'm just amazed that folks can make that much time for the gym or just have that mental strength to say I'm doing this much today as it were. Kudos for that.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,334.15z

Cheers :) Mine tend to be limited due to my lunch hour. Much like most of my colleagues at work - we go during the lunch break and do a bit most days. I don't do Fridays as I travel back to my hometown (rather than where I work) after work is done.

Looking at your first post and what you've done - I'm just amazed that folks can make that much time for the gym or just have that mental strength to say I'm doing this much today as it were. Kudos for that.
Thanks. :) They brought in exercise balls at work for us so I'm lucky that I get to put in some time at work occasionally. :) Otherwise I go and walk about 2 miles on the treadmill before work and then I go again after work and do my 70 - 80 minute workout. And the 5 minutes marching in place that you'll see here and there...that's b/c I decided one day that I could do more than just stand still while brushing my teeth, LOL

Siphorous

Anticipation
Reaction score
Tokenz
199.13z

You mentioning exercise balls at work reminds me of a guy who uses one to sit on instead of a chair. Bit like in the third Transformers movie. Must be back/posture related perhaps.

There's a popular machine that breaks down a lot it seems in the gymn - they're getting rid of all four for that reason. The treadclimber. Thing is, in just walking pace - it would tell you that you've burnt off more calories than by using something like the stairs or a normal treadmill which leave you more breathless. That it can do that without leaving you more breathless is the odd bit, even when you know that it claims to do that by making you work three different ways for the price of one.

Kinda like this:

bowflex_treadclimber.jpg

Siphorous

Anticipation
Reaction score
Tokenz
199.13z

You go girl. :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

I feel like a wuss with my few minutes on the bike. But I'm old - so I'm using that as an excuse!

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z

Run on the spot whilst watching runway :p

I thought I should, but I convinced myself that I shower before runway, and therefore can't shower AFTER it, so I must not run at all :24:

Ohhh lazy people brains

Siphorous

Anticipation
Reaction score
Tokenz
199.13z

You may have to - I thought my time was a good target for my one goal but turns out I didn't push hard enough. Do eet - even if you don't reach it, it's always good to set a goal you *might* reach!

purpledove

Seizing Life ♥
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

I am wondering if I can still join. :unsure: I know it's mid month already....... however, I am needing some sense of accountability to push myself to do my exercises. This eating out at Summer Fairs every week is making me feel heavy and am not liking it. I am still within my ideal body weight but i gotta curtail it now b4 i gain more than i can handle :(

78,864Threads
2,185,187Messages
4,953Members
Back