Exercise Challenge Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

purpledove

Seizing Life ♥
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'll be starting up the September thread in the next few days. I swore I was going to get back on the ball for August and I have failed miserably. Booooooooo me!!! :(

Booo to me too. I had not been able to go for my long mountain trailing due to heat wave in our area. I had to postpone 2 trails already :( I only do my 30 mins stairs/zumba which i feel at times is not enough as I wanna push myself more. IF i don't- i tend to be soooooo lazy :ninja

Lost 1.2 lbs this week, just didn't show when I weighed at first lol. I'm glad. It's so frustrating to see the same exact number one week to the next.

I went on a bean soup, grapefruit, and salad diet just for the week. Getting plenty of calories, but mostly fiber and protein, and there are some carbs in the beans. Using lemon and olive oil on the salad for good fats. Going well, and I've been exercising a ton. My goal is to be 170 by New Year's. Kinda thought I'd be at my goal weight by now but it will happen eventually!

Kudos for losing 2 lbs. :thumbup

Just curious- how tall are yah? :)

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Holy crap!!! I'm shooting for 160 and I'm an inch shorter than you, LOL

Aw lol, I will be honest, I'm not sure what weight I want to be, because I haven't been under 150 since I was 13. No clue what I will look like.

I went to that My Body Gallery site and looked up my goal weight with the height, kind of a cool place.
This lady is 5'7, 145...I'd be happy like this! lol

4.jpg

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,371.70z
Aw lol, I will be honest, I'm not sure what weight I want to be, because I haven't been under 150 since I was 13. No clue what I will look like.

I went to that My Body Gallery site and looked up my goal weight with the height, kind of a cool place.
I completely understand!!! This is the first time since middle school I've been able to wear an XL shirt or pants w/ no numbers in front of the XL, LMFAO Honestly, one of the scariest things about this whole journey is that I'm not sure I know HOW to be skinny.

purpledove

Seizing Life ♥
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

IBW ( Ideal body weight) for a 5'7 the healthy way and from what i have seen nutritionist/dietitians advise patients in the hospitals is 8-10 lbs per each inch from 5 ft. Hence, 5'7 should be within 156-170 lbs at least.

From this site though it's within 127 to 159 lbs. :unsure: Imo, 127 is way too thin for a 5'7 woman

http://www.healthstatus.com/cgi-bin/calc/calculator.cgi

But nowadays due to the fact that a person's abdominal girth has some correlation with heart diseases etc- that they do recommend besides height and weight proportions to compute one's ideal body weight- most clinicians use BMI ( Body Mass Index ) now incorporating in the computation one's abdominal circumference. Juz sharing

Siphorous

Anticipation
Reaction score
Tokenz
199.13z
September goal: Lose 5lbs (finally reach my 100lbs lost!!), work out most days of the month.

Until I read the word "lost" I was thinking :eek: - no good ending up like a stick!

But 100 lbs is a lot of weight to have lost over time - good luck for completing it this month :thumbup

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I completely understand!!! This is the first time since middle school I've been able to wear an XL shirt or pants w/ no numbers in front of the XL, LMFAO Honestly, one of the scariest things about this whole journey is that I'm not sure I know HOW to be skinny.

Aww ya, things really do change! One of my weirdest "side effects" are the bones I notice now :24:
Hell, I didn't have a collar bone for like 6 years :24: :D

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
IBW ( Ideal body weight) for a 5'7 the healthy way and from what i have seen nutritionist/dietitians advise patients in the hospitals is 8-10 lbs per each inch from 5 ft. Hence, 5'7 should be within 156-170 lbs at least.

From this site though it's within 127 to 159 lbs. :unsure: Imo, 127 is way too thin for a 5'7 woman

http://www.healthstatus.com/cgi-bin/calc/calculator.cgi

But nowadays due to the fact that a person's abdominal girth has some correlation with heart diseases etc- that they do recommend besides height and weight proportions to compute one's ideal body weight- most clinicians use BMI ( Body Mass Index ) now incorporating in the computation one's abdominal circumference. Juz sharing

Thanks, ya, and I do have more of an apple shape (not severe, but I'm not a wide-hipped girl). My goal should be to whittle the waist down to a safe range.

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Until I read the word "lost" I was thinking :eek: - no good ending up like a stick!

But 100 lbs is a lot of weight to have lost over time - good luck for completing it this month :thumbup

Haha nooo, that wouldn't be good at all. :eek
Thank you! I'm really determined to finally put that number behind me!

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,371.70z
Woot! Am so excited for you on this :D

Is there a goal of pace minutes etc you're trying to reach comparing it to your pace time maybe last year?

To be honest, I was so slack in July and August that I'm thinking my time is going to suffer this go-round. I guess we'll find out for sure next Saturday, but I have been REALLY slack and haven't been doing my C25K, either. Booooooooo me!!!

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,371.70z
On a side note, I totally thought this was in the goal thread and was about to move the posts to the discussion thread. BLONDE MOMENT!!! LOL

purpledove

Seizing Life ♥
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
To be honest, I was so slack in July and August that I'm thinking my time is going to suffer this go-round. I guess we'll find out for sure next Saturday, but I have been REALLY slack and haven't been doing my C25K, either. Booooooooo me!!!

3 more days to go...... Are yah ready? :p

what kinds of training did you have to do with this dash?

I've put so much weight on in the past few months and need motivation. I'm hoping this will help.

I'm hoping for some activity every day, not setting a time goal, yet, just going to see how things pan out.

I am so glad you have joined us.....i use this thread to motivate me. Seeing others go for their goal helps me push myself for more activity too. :nod:

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,371.70z
3 more days to go...... Are yah ready? :p

what kinds of training did you have to do with this dash?

Honestly, the only thing I've done is 4 weeks of C25K which I have totally slacked off on. Aside from that, dropping the weight that I have is the only reason I'm able to do it. ;)

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
If I lose at least 0.5lbs this week, I can officially say I'm back on "track". I'm hoping for one, but I just don't get my body right now, it's acting very strange. Here's to hoping!

purpledove

Seizing Life ♥
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
...try changing your exercise regimen (different or more intensive activities etc to jump start your body again) Your weight plateaus when your body has gotten used to your activities.

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I wasn't exercising much at all, but I bought this trampoline a bit over two weeks ago, so I will give that some time before I try something new. I'm hoping the introduction of the trampoline will help for a while.

Aeval

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
I wasn't exercising much at all, but I bought this trampoline a bit over two weeks ago, so I will give that some time before I try something new. I'm hoping the introduction of the trampoline will help for a while.

I just noticed where you said how much weight you lost...holy shit! Good for you!! I need to lose 20, at least...I'm shooting for 30, and can't seem to get motivated.

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I just noticed where you said how much weight you lost...holy shit! Good for you!! I need to lose 20, at least...I'm shooting for 30, and can't seem to get motivated.

Thank you! My goal was/is to basically lose 1/2 my body weight lol.
It's tough, definitely, you can do it!

78,865Threads
2,185,212Messages
4,953Members
Back