Users who are viewing this thread

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,361.70z
Re: August Exercise Challenge

I am wondering if I can still join. :unsure: I know it's mid month already....... however, I am needing some sense of accountability to push myself to do my exercises. This eating out at Summer Fairs every week is making me feel heavy and am not liking it. I am still within my ideal body weight but i gotta curtail it now b4 i gain more than i can handle :(
Absolutely!!! Join right in!!!

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

purpledove

Seizing Life ♥
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

I had been a member of AllTrails but have neglected following through to complete all the trails I set myself to do. Hence this thread will help me with that. Thanks for setting this Exercise challenge thread Tash :D:thumbup

This is what am going for today....EL Moro Canyon Trail by the beach. See yah later guys :waving:

Trail Details:

Length: 6.8 miles Season: Year-round
Duration: 3.5 hours Difficulty: Easy/Moderate
Route Type: Out & Back
Elev. Gain: 900 feet

10079709.jpg

10147267.jpg

http://alltrails.com/trail/us/california/el-moro-canyon-trail

Last edited by a moderator:

purpledove

Seizing Life ♥
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

Whew!! Finally reached the top of the mountain (6.8 miles) after 3 hours and running out of water :(
......but very nice beach views though!!! :thumbup

Taking shorter route to go back = 6 miles! Update soon when we're done :p

purpledove

Seizing Life ♥
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

I feel like a wuss with my few minutes on the bike. But I'm old - so I'm using that as an excuse!

( Since this is a challenge thread....i guess am allowed :p )

Are you living up to your pet name ?? ( age related name- you know what it is.)

C'mon, you told me you can outbeat me with running as I have a dodgy foot. Besides, age is not an excuse, I am older than you are, remember? :p :24:

Siphorous

Anticipation
Reaction score
Tokenz
199.13z

( Since this is a challenge thread....i guess am allowed :p )

Are you living up to your pet name ?? ( age related name- you know what it is.)

C'mon, you told me you can outbeat me with running as I have a dodgy foot. Besides, age is not an excuse, I am older than you are, remember? :p :24:

A dino would easily beat a primordial soup bacteria :nod:

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,361.70z
LMFAO...too funny.

I moved all the "chatter" out of the challenge thread. Your post was the first one I saw (BAD ZIRC!!!) so it says you created it. Enjoy the tokenz!!! ;)

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Good idea, Natasha!
I've been doing ok, despite WW3 at my house, I still make time to run. And I mean RUN. Usually, I don't get too much past a fast walk on the treadmill, I think I'm terrified to sweat :24: but I've been sprinting.

This morning I did the 5 flights of death at work, my goal is to do those with ease one day.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,361.70z
Good job, Panacea!!! :)

I'll be starting up the September thread in the next few days. I swore I was going to get back on the ball for August and I have failed miserably. Booooooooo me!!! :(

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
You'll get there, Natasha! :)
Most people gain weight/not lose enough in the winter, but I tend to in the summer which is weird lol. Maybe you're like me hehe.

I bought a 10lb kettle bell at Marshall's. 12 bucks. Super excited, I have always wanted one. I plan to beat the crap out of mah fatty arms!

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Lost 1.2 lbs this week, just didn't show when I weighed at first lol. I'm glad. It's so frustrating to see the same exact number one week to the next.

I went on a bean soup, grapefruit, and salad diet just for the week. Getting plenty of calories, but mostly fiber and protein, and there are some carbs in the beans. Using lemon and olive oil on the salad for good fats. Going well, and I've been exercising a ton. My goal is to be 170 by New Year's. Kinda thought I'd be at my goal weight by now but it will happen eventually!

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
3,000.24z
Good job, Panacea!!! :)

I'll be starting up the September thread in the next few days. I swore I was going to get back on the ball for August and I have failed miserably. Booooooooo me!!! :(
You're probably still doing better than me. :p I haven't been to work out once this month. I figured I'd start going again tomorrow but then I decided that I should just make this month a total wash so I think I'll starting working out again on September 1. :D

78,865Threads
2,185,211Messages
4,953Members
Back