Exercise Challenge Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

dancingpotato

Banned PER USER's Request
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I started the diet again yesterday, I gained 3lb on holiday. I then finished the coffee crisp Zirc sent me and restarted the diet today. So far so good and it's been a nice day so I've had the dog out for a couple decent walks.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,334.15z
I haven't worked out at all this month. I might go tonight if I feel up to it...otherwise I'll start back w/ DanceFit and a walk w/ a friend tomorrow.

acctnt shan

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Re: June Exercise Challenge

I don't really focus on the minutes but how hard I work out since I don't have a whole lot of time.

My routine is 20 or 40 minutes circuit training followed by 20 minutes on my treadmill. I work out 6-7 days a week I try not to miss a day.

I really need to work my diet though, I am a sucker for carbs.

Aren't we all? :(

I'm getting focused on weight loss again - signing up for another go for July's thread! :)

usandthem

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

Good for you :) Why does the bad food have to taste the best. I have trouble losing weight so friends of mine told me about this 17 day diet and I was on board until I heard it involved no carbs or sugars the first cycle. Yeah. No thanks.

I don't know how much weight I have lost the past two months because my batters ran out in my scale (and I am too forgetful to replace them) but I've been taking measurements and I've been losing some inches so I must be doing something right.

acctnt shan

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

I've tried cutting out / reducing carbs before to lose weight, but the minute you work them back in the scale slides back up... and I can't imagine giving up carbs for life - my dad's family is Italian, my BF's family is Sicilian, we have pasta at almost every major holiday. So I've tried just switching 'em out for whole grains / wheat wherever possible, and I've been trying to reduce my sugar intake a lot and cut back on snacking between meals. Now if I can just keep the exercise up, it should be okay.

usandthem

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

Whole grains is definitely the way to go, not only is it way better for you but its more filling! I am the opposite, I love to work out but I also love my food.

I find once you get into a routine with exercise you won't want to stop. I am not one to go to the gym, way too self concious so instead I bought my own equipment and work out videos. I don't have any excuse since it is all in my home :p

acctnt shan

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

I would LOVE to have equipment at home. At the moment my 1 BR apartment just doesn't have enough room - but currently house shopping so should be able to do it soon! *crosses fingers*

usandthem

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

How exciting! You can get equipment cheap too, either used or on sale, it doesn't need to be fancy (Unless you want it to be of course LOL). My treadmill, for example, I've had for over 3 years and it was under $500.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,334.15z
Do you use a Wii Fit ?

I know quite a few people who love it..

Nope, we have just about every gaming system at my house EXCEPT for a Wii. Honestly, it's just been laziness on my part...although part of it has been the dizziness from my vertigo.

Francis

Sarcasm is me :)
Reaction score
Tokenz
2.08z
Nope, we have just about every gaming system at my house EXCEPT for a Wii. Honestly, it's just been laziness on my part...although part of it has been the dizziness from my vertigo.

I don't have the Fit part of the game but just playing some of the games can break a big sweat.. Good for our very rainy months..

78,864Threads
2,185,187Messages
4,953Members
Back