Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

HK

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
HK, I saw you just recently read "The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake" and was wondering what you thought of it?

I really liked it :) it's not... usual, the idea is this girl finds she can taste people's emotions in food, to a fascinating degree, but it's very interesting. I'd definitely recommend it!

anathelia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I really liked it :) it's not... usual, the idea is this girl finds she can taste people's emotions in food, to a fascinating degree, but it's very interesting. I'd definitely recommend it!

I read it last year, probably around October. I thought it was really interesting, as well! I was wondering what someone else thought of it. I never have anyone to discuss books with, lol. I liked the slightly "paranormal" aspect, but at the same time, it seems as though it would be something that COULD be entirely possible, given some of the weird things people can do. :D

HK

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
I read it last year, probably around October. I thought it was really interesting, as well! I was wondering what someone else thought of it. I never have anyone to discuss books with, lol. I liked the slightly "paranormal" aspect, but at the same time, it seems as though it would be something that COULD be entirely possible, given some of the weird things people can do. :D

Ah I see! I really like how the paranormal as you say was made to seem very everyday, that she just has to deal with it and fold it into her life, and there's never any bullshit attempt to explain how.= :)

Abcinthia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Went and bought more books today.

The Memory Keeper's Daughter - Kim Edwards
Mansfield Park - Jane Austen
I Know This Much Is True - Wally Lamb
The Gunslinger - Stephen King

They might end up on my reading challenge. Depends when in the week I start reading them (I only count the books I start on Sundays)

anathelia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Went and bought more books today.

The Memory Keeper's Daughter - Kim Edwards
Mansfield Park - Jane Austen
I Know This Much Is True - Wally Lamb
The Gunslinger - Stephen King

They might end up on my reading challenge. Depends when in the week I start reading them (I only count the books I start on Sundays)

Have you ever read anything else by Wally Lamb? I read She's Come Undone when I was a teenager. It was good, but really kind of hard to read at points. I may get into reading this one, as it looks interesting.

Abcinthia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Have you read any of the other Dark Tower books? Are you planning to? :)

No not yet but I'm planning on it depending on what I think of The Gunslinger (which I'm probably going to love. Yet to come across a Stephen King book I dislike). I've been looking in Charity shops for ages looking for book 1 and I was so happy to find it.

Have you ever read anything else by Wally Lamb? I read She's Come Undone when I was a teenager. It was good, but really kind of hard to read at points. I may get into reading this one, as it looks interesting.

No I haven't. I Know This Much Is True was a complete impulse buy. I wanted an even number of books and thought the title looked familiar (someone on my goodreads added it in the past couple of weeks).

HK

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
No not yet but I'm planning on it depending on what I think of The Gunslinger (which I'm probably going to love. Yet to come across a Stephen King book I dislike). I've been looking in Charity shops for ages looking for book 1 and I was so happy to find it.

Okay cool :) not to put you off at all, it's a good book, but I actually started the series from the 2nd book (couldn't get the 1st one out the library) and when I eventually read the first, it's a bit of a different style.

So.... just in case the first one doesn't grab you, try the second one anyway!

78,866Threads
2,185,215Messages
4,953Members
Back