The 2012 Reading Challenge Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

anathelia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Ah don't worry. There's a long time till the end of the year, plenty of time yet.

:shesaid I've hardly had the time to read with everything going on recently, plus school. I plan on getting a lot done this summer. I only just recently finished my third book and haven't even decided on a 4th book, let alone started reading it..lol

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

dancingpotato

Banned PER USER's Request
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
HK, I noticed you read my best friends girl, did you like it? I read it a few years ago, I really liked it. Will have to read it again I think.

HK

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
HK, I noticed you read my best friends girl, did you like it? I read it a few years ago, I really liked it. Will have to read it again I think.

I do, I have all Dorothy Koomson's books :) my best friend's girl is the first one I read and yeah, really enjoyed it!

HK

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
I am reading the Ice Cream Girls atm, I'm really enjoying it. Just over half way through.

I thought that one was a little different from her normal style, has a bit more of a murder-mystery feel to it. I liked it, but I think I prefer the more family-oriented ones she's written.

HK

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
I missed a few weeks. I need to check and see what I read, because I know it's more than what I've posted.

I got The Hunger Games off Amazon in a boxset and read one a day over three days :)

Abcinthia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I've been thinking of buying the hunger games, heard good things about them. I found all three books on one book website for £4.99.

I am getting 39 books delivered this week :-0 One of them I won the other 38 I bought for just under £30 (all band new books as well).

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I missed a few weeks. I need to check and see what I read, because I know it's more than what I've posted.

I got The Hunger Games off Amazon in a boxset and read one a day over three days :)

I did the exact same thing this last weekend. :24:

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I didn't plan it, they just lasted exactly a day for me :p I'm looking forward to seeing the film.

I just started reading and pretty much couldn't put them down, so I read whenever I had an opportunity to while I was up in the mountains over the weekend.

HK

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
I just started reading and pretty much couldn't put them down, so I read whenever I had an opportunity to while I was up in the mountains over the weekend.

I liked them a lot, especially the first one. It's a shame they weren't more involved - it felt like they skipped very quickly through time to me, it was good that they didn't get bogged down in detail but it sometimes felt rushed. Like there was this huge world, with a lot of fascinating details, but we only really got a scrape of it.

Abcinthia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
How is everyone doing in April? Still on track to get to your targets?

I've actually started slowing down my reading. I've just finished my 63rd book of 2012 and so I figured I can afford to slow down a bit lol.

dancingpotato

Banned PER USER's Request
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Abcinthia said:
How is everyone doing in April? Still on track to get to your targets?

I've actually started slowing down my reading. I've just finished my 63rd book of 2012 and so I figured I can afford to slow down a bit lol.

Omg. I don't have time to read like that. I think I'm on track, I just need to update the list.

Abcinthia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I have no life, so read most evenings for several hours.

I've also been having trouble sleeping, so when I wake up at stupid o'clock, I read until I'm tired enough to go back to sleep.

78,866Threads
2,185,215Messages
4,953Members
Back