Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Strikeforce fights tonight... Rousey/Kaufman headlining, Miesha Tate is on the undercard, and will likely face the winner of the Rousey/Kaufman bout to try and get the title back again. The card looks to be pretty decent all around, certainly not UFC strong, but one of the better Strikeforce cards I've seen in a while.

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
and the one-trick armbar wins again... a rematch between Rousey and Tate looks to be pretty certain, especially with Cyborg suspended and normally a weight class higher.

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Strikeforce needs to shut the fuck down so Gil and Rockhold can just move to the UFC and stop wasting their careers

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I like them keeping Strikeforce open as its own promotion. It's the only major promotion with a women's division, and and a place for fighters that might not be ready for the depth in UFC weight classes a place to compete, hone their skills further, and get some good exposure.

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I like them keeping Strikeforce open as its own promotion. It's the only major promotion with a women's division, and and a place for fighters that might not be ready for the depth in UFC weight classes a place to compete, hone their skills further, and get some good exposure.

That's well and good but I don't like the fact that top guys like Gil Melendez, Dan Cormier, Jacare, Rockhold, Kennedy, Barnett, Thomson and others are stuck in Strikeforce wasting the best years of their careers in an org with no legitimate competition.

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan this whole situation is just beautiful, that conference call with Dana was the most amazing thing to ever happen, I FUCKING LOVE IT!

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
lol I remember when he said that, man this just keeps getting better and better. I would laugh so hard it Vitor KO'd him.

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
So according to Forbes magazine the Fertitta brothers have lost over a half a billion dollars in the last year. Ratings are down from show to show, fights are being canceled left and right, whole events are being canceled, they're scrambling to put together title fights that don't even make sense, and to top all that off GSP's return IN MONTREAL couldn't even sell out, I think the UFC is in serious trouble.

Obdurate

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I could definitely be wrong but I've never thought MMA would grow to be a massive sport anyway. Popular, for sure, but just not on the level that Dana White seems to think. As long as MMA is around, I'm great. Sucks to see the UFC doing poorly and some of it is definitely their fault (TUF sucks balls), but other shit is mostly out of their hands (injuries suck).

Greaser

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I think it does have a lot to do with the injuries. But, one thing that is about to kill the sport off is the so-called "superfight" that is now in the works. GSP vs. Silva. Once that fight is over with, no one has any reason to see who the best fighter is. This thought is shared by several MMA commentators and sports figures, alike. Jason Ellis had this conversation with Mayhem Miller this week on his radio show. The consensus is that if you put the obvious top two contenders in the most active weight class in the history of the UFC against one another, you have nothing else to promote the rivalry with. GSP is high on top from his win last week. This puts him up against the obvious oponent of Silva. If this fight goes down...you'll know who the best fighter is in the history of UFC in that class, and therefore won't see a better fight for years.

78,866Threads
2,185,220Messages
4,953Members
Back