MMA thread

Users who are viewing this thread

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
GSP has made it clear that he doesn't want to do this fight, and nor should he, Anderson Silva supposedly cuts down to 185 all the way from like 230, the mismatch in size would be absolutely enormous. GSP already had his "superfight" with Penn, no reason to throw his legacy away fighting Silva. If any "superfight" should be made at all it's Silva Vs Jones, but Silva has made it clear he wants no part of that fight either. Dana has failed at forcing Anderson to fight Jones so he gave up on that and is now trying to bully GSP into fighting Anderson, it's a stupid fight that nobody should want to see.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

dkwrtw

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I could definitely be wrong but I've never thought MMA would grow to be a massive sport anyway. Popular, for sure, but just not on the level that Dana White seems to think. As long as MMA is around, I'm great. Sucks to see the UFC doing poorly and some of it is definitely their fault (TUF sucks balls), but other shit is mostly out of their hands (injuries suck).

I have to agree with this, Dana thought the sport was far more mainstream than it actually is, I've said since the beginning that the move to FOX was a terrible decision.

Greaser

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
GSP has made it clear that he doesn't want to do this fight, and nor should he, Anderson Silva supposedly cuts down to 185 all the way from like 230, the mismatch in size would be absolutely enormous. GSP already had his "superfight" with Penn, no reason to throw his legacy away fighting Silva. If any "superfight" should be made at all it's Silva Vs Jones, but Silva has made it clear he wants no part of that fight either. Dana has failed at forcing Anderson to fight Jones so he gave up on that and is now trying to bully GSP into fighting Anderson, it's a stupid fight that nobody should want to see.

Exactly. I'm thinking they force this fight because of the popularity of it and them trying to save their investment in UFC. We'll see. If it does go down, I think you'll see UFC completely drop out of mainstream media.

thebodyofjwb

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Dude, it's been almost a year since the last post? Who saw the Machida-Munoz event? Spoilers:

Machida looked slick as hell. Machida says he wants to fight Vitor. That's a fight I definitely would want to see.

SpiralArchitect

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Dude, it's been almost a year since the last post? Who saw the Machida-Munoz event? Spoilers:

Machida looked slick as hell. Machida says he wants to fight Vitor. That's a fight I definitely would want to see.

The karate kick was a thing of beauty. I think Machida did a very smart thing dropping down a division. With Anderson seemingly uninterested, I think he can force his way to the top. No slight in Weidmann but everyone knows that his title victory was pretty much handed to him by virtue of Silva being a dick. If he can do well in the rematch then I'll be interested in his reign.

Dreek Lass

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.77z
Well GSP is set to fight Hendricks very soon. I cannot wait to see the fight. Are you guys expecting GSP to go with the same formula that he always goes with to beat his opponents, or do you think he will change it up? A few people have said that they feel like Hendrix is going to knock GSP. Give me your thoughts on what you think is going to happen. I feel like GSP is going to win to be honest.

SpiralArchitect

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
One or two rounds of exciting back and forth action followed by 3 rounds of wrestling with GSP on top of Hendrix, followed by a decision for GSP. Seriously, if Hendrix can do it in the first two rounds and can force GSP to fight on his feet (like Gus did to Jones), then he definitely has a chance. He seems like he's both confident and capable of beating the champ but GSP has proven time and time again that he may not be the most entertaining but he is still very capable.

Dreek Lass

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.77z
One or two rounds of exciting back and forth action followed by 3 rounds of wrestling with GSP on top of Hendrix, followed by a decision for GSP. Seriously, if Hendrix can do it in the first two rounds and can force GSP to fight on his feet (like Gus did to Jones), then he definitely has a chance. He seems like he's both confident and capable of beating the champ but GSP has proven time and time again that he may not be the most entertaining but he is still very capable.

Very true. This is the first time that I feel like GSP's title reign may actually be in trouble. He has had the belt since 2007, and I have watched him defend it ever since. But with those other guys that he defended the belt against, I felt like they were good but had no chance. Whereas with Hendrix, I feel like GSP is in some real danger for once.

Dreek Lass

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.77z
So we all saw UFC 167. For those that have not yet seen it but plan to, do not read the rest of this post.

So we saw what went down with Hendrix and GSP, and I don't know I was left with a feeling that I wanted more somehow? I got that when I watched the post fight presser however. Dana White seemed so pissed off about the judge's call, and about the fact that GSP just announced that he was taking some time off.

Teph

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Barao vs Dillashaw tonight, personally i'll give it to Barao unless TJ lands a nice counterpunch or really presses the fight early.

Cormier vs Hendo, now this should be easy for Cormier so long as he don't get in to stand up match with Hendo, we know Hendo has one of the hardest chins in the sport so i'm hoping Cormier plays it smart and plays to his own strengths.

Lawler vs Ellenberger, Fresh from his loss ( meh barely ) to Johnny Hendricks for the welterweight title Lawler will be looking to put Ellenberger away and push for another title shot which i believe could either be going to Matt Brown from beatin Erick Silva the other week or it could go to Woodley if he beats Macdonald at 174!

78,866Threads
2,185,220Messages
4,953Members
Back