Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Reflection

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I read books cause i wanna learn to be a smart alec :D :24: :24:

Seriously, i really love reading books for a lot of various reasons- lots to mention :)

09Gold

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I would have to vote for all of them :) I can lose an entire day in one of the classics, spend weeks pouring over theology and philosophy, or just waste some time with mindless fluff comedy...My bookshelves hold a vary eclectic selection :D

Xeno

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
well the question is clear do you read books for pleasure, to escape the world or as a "therapy"?

I tend to read books for many reasons.

- Escape

- Knowledge

- Relaxation

- Boredom

Though I mostly read for knowledge. I like to know more about the world I live in at times.

StripedCat

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
All of the above. :)

The studies almost made it to kill even the tiniest spark of reading joy, because I have to read a lot damn boring scientific stuff I'll never need again. But at the moment the joy of reading seems to come back (I've just read "Brave New World" and start with Orwell's "1984" now.)

QaratNet

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Yes, for all the above options

I chose the books that I read. when I want pleasure, escape the world, cure my mind, or any other reasons, I directly hold a book and read

pictures are not important for me.. some times I feel that when an author has no ability to translate his ideas, then he uses pictures in his books
but good authors can express his ideas and his thoughts with just his pen and words

yes, we need some times pictures, but we mustn't make all of our papers full with pictures.. the readers we are talking for aren't children

MsPoppy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I read to form new connections, I guess to gain understanding. Secondly for knowlege. And sometimes to escape, though this is my favorite type of reading, it is the one I do the least of because of time restictions. Sometimes I get audiobooks so I can visualize the escape reading while falling asleep.

Kakapo Dundee

Reaction score
Tokenz
644.22z
I read a lot of technical books, currently reading 'The Machine That Changed The World'. Pretty soon I hope to be reading training manuals.

Denis Hard

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
At first, when I was younger, I read a lot because I had no friends in school. Slowly I got attached to my books and would read them even when the teachers were in class. The addiction got worse. . .until I couldn't shake off reading books.

At this point in my life, I read books because like a drug addict, I'm hooked to books.

Vajk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Honestly? I have no idea. I think it realxes me, even if it's just a procrastination method for me. When I was a kid I had no TV, no radio, no toys, but we had a lot of books, so I learned how to read when I was 4 years old and I got hooked. I have been an avid reader up to now, we'll see how it goes on. Books are my escape from the brutal, harsh and unforgiving real world.

pandandesign

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Books have taught me a lot of things that sometimes I can't find elsewhere. Books have given me an opportunity to dive into someone else's story and learn from them. I love reading books, and that's the only hobby I truly enjoy.

isabbbela

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I read pretty much because I love experiencing other worlds and situations. Whenever I'm reading, I get really into it and get transported into the book. I feel it, and it's great, specially when I'm bored out of my mind with my own life (which happens way more often than I would like...).

thethirdeye8

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I mostly read nonfiction books, for knowledge purposes. As aforementioned, knowledge is power, and books offer the purest form of knowledge. I'm currently reading books in the sales, copy-writing and entrepreneurship niches. I never seemed to get into fiction books, therefore I stopped reading them once I finished high school.

78,866Threads
2,185,215Messages
4,953Members
Back