What phone do you have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,387.70z
I have a 5s. I wouldn't want a bigger screen. We already have enough screens staring us in the face. Get a tablet if you want a bigger screen. I just want more storage on the phone, I'm a bit of a photo hoarder. It takes a lot for me to delete photos and music. Granted I use Spotify now but it still takes up space.
I agree with this. I have thought about the Samsung phones, but the phones are so big that I feel like I may as well hold a tablet to my ear. The screen size on an iPhone is just fine for me.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

MMMMatilde

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
122.72z
I agree with this. I have thought about the Samsung phones, but the phones are so big that I feel like I may as well hold a tablet to my ear. The screen size on an iPhone is just fine for me.
One of the girls from work has this "phone" that is almost the same size as my mini ipad and she is small, it is literally bigger than her face.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
One of the girls from work has this "phone" that is almost the same size as my mini ipad and she is small, it is literally bigger than her face.
Does she use it for the features of the smartphone..or just use it as a phone?
Now that I have a bigger phone ..I use the pc less.
Yes I am one of those guys that always has the phone in my hand doing something lol.

MMMMatilde

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
122.72z
Does she use it for the features of the smartphone..or just use it as a phone?
Now that I have a bigger phone ..I use the pc less.
Yes I am one of those guys that always has the phone in my hand doing something lol.
I'm not sure. She just always seems to have it in her hand. It is too big for a pocket :p

You people and your phones, what is so important that you can't wait until you're sitting down by yourself. Why must you walk in peak hour to the train, thinking you have ownership of the footpath because you're not looking where you're going. Also, what is so important that you need to have your phone while you're eating out? Give it a rest! /endrant. :D

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Very much. My one beef with BB is that there aren't as many apps available because BB is a sinking ship. :p
I can see how that would be a problem..alot of people still like em though,I guess it depends on what you use it for the most.
I had considered one at one time when they were popular.

I'm not sure. She just always seems to have it in her hand. It is too big for a pocket :p

You people and your phones, what is so important that you can't wait until you're sitting down by yourself. Why must you walk in peak hour to the train, thinking you have ownership of the footpath because you're not looking where you're going. Also, what is so important that you need to have your phone while you're eating out? Give it a rest! /endrant. :D
I dont use mine that much...but I do do a fair amount of surfing the net with it..also I will get an alert from an app so will what it is.
I am not a facebook junkie..but more of a news junkie

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,387.70z
Very much. My one beef with BB is that there aren't as many apps available because BB is a sinking ship. :p
My boyfriend still has a BB. They are much smaller now than I remember them being. He said he's had one ever since the one with the big blue wheel on the side. I don't get it...but maybe BB users will, LOL

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Well I dont want any larger that what I already have...so whoever has the best hardware in the size I have when its time to replace it.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Have you guy's heard of this new term PHABLET?
I think it is silly really.
It was originally termed to mock the big phones..but as more mfgs are making these large phones the term has backfired as people want the big screen..so now phablet is becoming a good thing rather than a bad thing...these "phablets" are gaining in popularity.
Personally I thing they should have just stuck with calling them large phones...And then actual tablets with phone capability could be called Phablets...what are they going to call em now?

darkcgi

Glorified Maniac
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
when I first heard of the word I was thinking it was spelled Fablet
like its an F-ing tablet not a phone lol

darkcgi

Glorified Maniac
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
At first it was weird with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to be talking on it but now it feels very comfortable.
I am one of those people that have my phone with me all the time.
I don't walk blindly with it though that irks me when people do that. I have watch several people run in to walls or posts because of it.

Look at the LG G Flex phone
Samsung Galaxy Round

Flexible screens are going to be the new market but I think there is a lot of room for ideas that have not been invented when it comes
to that technology

!

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.19z
Yeah, OLED technology has actually been around since the 1950's but really started taking off in the late 70's when they started using some of the new polymers. Most recently this has been used for displays but the cost of production is so high everyone has steered away from it because of the price point it is more of a nolvety at the moment. But most recently AMOLED's and what not have been taking off and you see more and more product demonstrations at places like CES for TV's or phones. Hopefully someone will figure out how to cut production costs and it will go mainstream as you predict and LCD, LED's and others will be ditched. Would almost be like someone looking at a projection TV or an old CRT.

darkcgi

Glorified Maniac
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
I wonder if they have solved the issue that I read where they are trying to turn off the cells (pixels) to where they are transparent when off

google oled transparent

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back