Participant count
  • Participants list

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,060.46z
I still have the samsung Galaxy S2. Had it since it came out xD Its so durable. I have dropped it, thrown it, smashed it, etc. Not a single scratch on the screen. Its been through beats for at least 4 years now and still working like a charm. This is also with no phone case or screens to protect it either!
Why buy a new phone for them to smash if you drop them when I have this beast :D

Jamie

First Person Shooter
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.51z
Yep.
They were left in the dust ages ago...and try to sue everyone who passes them up.
True, I feel they still have a decent following though. I just love the OS, wouldn't consider myself a fanboy though, it's just what I'm used to.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
True, I feel they still have a decent following though. I just love the OS, wouldn't consider myself a fanboy though, it's just what I'm used to.
The phones are decent a bit small...durable enough..good display....but I boycott apple on principal..they want to sue everyone....its a phone with a rectangle screen lol.
They sued samsung due to the shape ...thing is samsung and apple look nothing alike except being a rectangle..due to the screen format...court was in ...yep..where apple got its start.
They sued Samsung as Samsung has money.
Well the phones are still rectangle lol.
Google had to buy out all of motorolas patents to save android...as apple wants to put an end to android....apple makes it difficult for any phone manufacturer...apple is responsible for holding up technology and why phones are so high.

darkcgi

Glorified Maniac
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
Ever heard the term "Shiny Penny!"? It refers to when I person see something and wants it just because of fad or looks.
That is what Apple is.
feature to feature price to price Apple loses.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
I really like my Samsung mega...I wrote a review here somewhere.
Thread is named pulled the trigger.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,387.70z
Ever heard the term "Shiny Penny!"? It refers to when I person see something and wants it just because of fad or looks.
That is what Apple is.
feature to feature price to price Apple loses.
I disagree...at least compared to the Android I had before I switched.

I'm still undecided as to whether I'll go back to Android or continue with an iPhone when I'm up for an upgrade in August.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
I disagree...at least compared to the Android I had before I switched.

I'm still undecided as to whether I'll go back to Android or continue with an iPhone when I'm up for an upgrade in August.
Maybe apple will have a decent sized screen by then lol..perhaps a removable battery and sd card slot as well....just teasing

MMMMatilde

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
122.72z
I have a 5s. I wouldn't want a bigger screen. We already have enough screens staring us in the face. Get a tablet if you want a bigger screen. I just want more storage on the phone, I'm a bit of a photo hoarder. It takes a lot for me to delete photos and music. Granted I use Spotify now but it still takes up space.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
I have a 5s. I wouldn't want a bigger screen. We already have enough screens staring us in the face. Get a tablet if you want a bigger screen. I just want more storage on the phone, I'm a bit of a photo hoarder. It takes a lot for me to delete photos and music. Granted I use Spotify now but it still takes up space.
Its about choices.
Take some android users for instance..they also want a small phone..some want larger.
Apple tells you want you need /rather than supply a market with choice.

I chose the biggest phone I could get in my pocket.
To me a phone is just not a phone anymore..or I would go with a small flip phone.
I went large as to make all the extra features a smartphone has a much more enjoyable experience.
So even if I was willing to buy an apple product..I wouldnt have as they dont have what I wanted.
Trust me...you spend 20 minutes on a samsung mega you will never go small screen again.
Also you will find yourself firing up the PC alot less as you now have a "phablet" in your pocket
It cant replace a pc...I am typing this from the pc as it is easier than on the phablet..that same jump is also there from phablet to a 4 inch screen..on the 4 inch its doable..but a pain in the but..on the phablet..its so much easier.
The square rule applies to screen size..twice the size gives 4 times the viewing area...comes in very handy..for me anyway..especially when I use the phone as a navigator

MMMMatilde

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
122.72z
I guess because I have the iPad mini I don't find the need for a bigger screen. It fits in my bag and is used over my iphone for apps and social media. I refuse to be one of those people who live their life by their phone as easy and tempting as it can be, I am already on my ipad enough - I'm happy with my phone being my camera, Instagram and general phone and the screen size and it's abilities are more than enough for me so choice isn't really a problem in my books. It does what it is supposed to do and I feel very comfortable using it.

It seems the androids are a bit over bearing. They aren't as user friendly in my opinion but I can see the lustre for those who are a bit more technologically advanced than myself.

Each to their own I suppose. I would never say to anyone they shouldn't get an android but if asked what I would suggest, an iPhone is perfectly good :)

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
You have the gap filled in between the phone and pc with a tablet ...I dont...Instead I filled in the gap between a tablet and phone with a phablet lol.
So my phone takes place of the tablet...6.3 inch screen.
I like the bigger font...and I do get my use from it on the road..I find places to eat with it..I use the navigator..I find places of business with it...I have dodged a hail storm with it..and yes make call from it lol.
My old phone to me with the 4.3 screen would do the same thing..but was much more difficult and some font was unreadable if the app did not allow zooming.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Not sure if you have coined the term phablet but I enjoy it :p
I dont get the credit...Apple came up with the word to describe "gaudy" big phones.
They claim these big phones are not phones but phablets...the term kinda stuck here in the states.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back