Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I went up to pick up an AR on a private sale, met at a gun shop, went in, and fell in love with a Mossberg Thunder ranch.

I've alreayd sold the AR (which I didn't need but was one heck of a deal) and got the Mossberg.

I need help LMAO

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Ironically enough, the same guy I sold the AR to had a good deal on a mint, 1970's Ruger single six .22 in stainless steel at a very good price (II almost fell over dead seeing what they're going for now). Gun had to be cleaned up a little, but after doing so, I have the feeling this may be one of my most favorite guns to shoot. My dad still had the single six .22 he bought me in the late 70's, although I've been complaining to him he needs to clean the gun up.

Last edited by a moderator:

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,311.37z
I almost wore out a Ruger 10/22 when I was a kid. I still have it. It is close to 40 years old now.

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Only thing is, having two boys, I got the gun down the road for them to shoot if they want to. With current pricing, I may have to plan ahead and pick up another lol (I'm old enough to remember when those went for under $200).

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,311.37z
Only thing is, having two boys, I got the gun down the road for them to shoot if they want to. With current pricing, I may have to plan ahead and pick up another lol (I'm old enough to remember when those went for under $200).

I think they were around $139 when I got mine.

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I think they were around $139 when I got mine.

And the other day I stopped at Gander mountain (not the best place to shop IMO looking for a deal), and a stainless steel model with fiber optic sights was pushing $600!

Online, most of the SS models I've seen start at around $480!

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,311.37z
And the other day I stopped at Gander mountain (not the best place to shop IMO looking for a deal), and a stainless steel model with fiber optic sights was pushing $600!

Online, most of the SS models I've seen start at around $480!

My wife bought me a Stainless with the Mannlicher laminated stock abot 15 years ago. I love it.

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
My dad's gun the he used in the 1930's.

Threw a box of ammo in it today and still remarkably accurate (single shot rifles tend to do that lol)

60.jpg

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
So...I log onto Gunbroker, check some things out, have to do a double take, take another double take, and buy an item outright for the "buy" price.

NEVER has the timing been on my side like tonight. Actually blown away.

Trying to figure when the hammer is going to fall as I can't believe I was so lucky.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,334.15z
Okay, I get it now. One of my officers is teaching me and another employee how to shoot. Today was our first lesson. Fired 3 different weapons. I admit I was scared of the rifle (S&W 223, I think) so I only fired it a few times. Although it was a little rougher on me, I preferred the Glock 40 cal over the rest and seemed to have better accuracy w/ it.

Don't worry, I don't think I can play in the big boy's league after 3 hours of shooting targets, LOL

Jackass master

Old and worn out
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
Glad to hear you are finally learning. Be patient! Familiarity will come after a few more times and then you can work on aim points better. Once you are comfortable doing it the accuracy will improve.:thumbup

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,334.15z
Glad to hear you are finally learning. Be patient! Familiarity will come after a few more times and then you can work on aim points better. Once you are comfortable doing it the accuracy will improve.:thumbup

That's one thing Earl kept telling me..."slow down!" The main issues I have is that I tend to lean back instead of forward (I assume it becomes habit w/in time) and I tend to drop the barrel of my gun off target. We had the second issue fixed before the end of the day and I found myself consciously going "oh yeah, lean forward" a couple of times, too. Anyway, the farthest out we went was 7 yards (well, except w/ the 223, obviously, LOL), but Earl said he was happy w/ my accuracy. He told me several times that I was doing really well. He would point out an area on the target for me to hit and tell me to put each subsequent round right by it. All my shots in each grouping fit underneath his hand when he placed it on top of the target. For my first time EVER shooting anything bigger than a BB gun, I was pleased. :D Can't wait to go again!!!

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,334.15z
It was a blast. I was like a little kid. Like, literally, when we stopped for a few I had to text Darrell so I could tell him I had finally gotten someone to teach me to shoot, LOL

Have a feeling I'm going to regret it when I have to be at the gym at 0530 hrs, though...between the wicked sunburn and what's sure to be some sore arms, it's gonna be hard working that elliptical, LOL I think I went through 6 magazines on the Glock 40 cal and 8 magazines on the Glock 19.

78,864Threads
2,185,189Messages
4,953Members
Back