The Official Gun Lovers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Mercury

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
But seriously .... LOL

I was looking at the Remington 770 as a possible starting rifle. It looks like it runs around $300. Anyone ever use this guy? I have seen a lot of negative threads about the blot action being pretty loose and jams frequently.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I was looking at the Remington 770 as a possible starting rifle. It looks like it runs around $300. Anyone ever use this guy? I have seen a lot of negative threads about the blot action being pretty loose and jams frequently.

I don't think I've ever seen a bolt action not cycling.

If you want to stay on the "new best value" plan, I'd lean towards Savage myself.

Darrell

Banned per User's Request
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I went to the range this morning. I have no idea how many rounds I went through, I didn't bother to keep count.

094c866a.jpg

Darrell

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Also, has anyone played with the Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22? Seems like a lot of fun, and I'm looking for feedback.

Mercury

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Went out shooting today with my Cuz!

Did some clay trap shooting with the Benelli 12 gauge ... Did pretty good :)

The .44 Mag Bull Dog Special was a TOUGH SOB to get any accuracy out of it! Was fun to try it though!

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
The .44 Mag Bull Dog Special was a TOUGH SOB to get any accuracy out of it! Was fun to try it though!

Don't know anything about that Bull Dog, but I can use a 8" Anaconda with open sights and nail bowling pins at a 100 yards. Put a Smith 4" Mountain gun in my hands, and I have a hard time hitting a 4'x4' piece of cardboard at 25 yards (and you need sunglasses shooting it at dusk because the muzzle flash can blind you).

At least for myself, .44 mags are meant to be in long barreled, HEAVY revolvers LOL

Darrell

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Yesterday I installed some Pearce +0 grip extensions on the magazines of my Glock 36.

5a101184.jpg

As you can see this factory plate on the magazine is replaced by the Pearce brand grip WITH a groove for my pinky. This will make control much better. After all, this is a subcompact slim in .45 ACP. :p

Another nice thing, this grip extension does not compromise your ability to conceal carry the weapon.

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,413.55z
Having big hands I don't bother looking at any gun which does not fit well in my hand. Grip extension looks like a good idea.

Darrell

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Having big hands I don't bother looking at any gun which does not fit well in my hand. Grip extension looks like a good idea.

Agreed. The G36 fit in my hand well, but it fits BETTER with the extension. So, no complaints. :D

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
So the other night another one of those home security commercials comes on. You know the type, young girls at home by themselves at night with a BIG bad burglar who kicks the door down and then all of a sudden sirens go off and some "authority dude" complete with the voice is looking at the house via his monitor and he tells the intruder to leave (then the burglar high tails it out of town) and the next shot you see is the "victims" talking to the police?

This is kind of the way my own home security system works...

[video=youtube;A5PrqQLWmoU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5PrqQLWmoU[/video]

Keep in mind, my family members are instructed to NEVER go towards the threat but to secure themselves, call police and be prepared. The commercial points out some bad procedures IMO on what you SHOULD NOT do, but it gets the point across and it hits the nail on the head on how I think a home security system should be advertised on TV ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Some people will say I can shoot pretty good groups at 100 yards with my 8" Anaconda.

For myself, that 4" barrel makes a huge difference as far as accuracy goes even at 25 yards, and if you're shooting anywhere near dusk or dawn, you better be wearing sun glasses because that first round is going to blind you with the muzzle flash LOL

78,866Threads
2,185,220Messages
4,953Members
Back