Soy Milk instead of regular Milk

Users who are viewing this thread

Francis

Sarcasm is me :)
Reaction score
Tokenz
2.08z
Good luck Tasha, hopefully you can make the transition :)

On a side note anyone have any ideas how you would thin down the consistancy without wrecking it? With milk there is always 2, 1 or even skim that you can add if you didnt like whole, but thats not really an option with this

Why would you want it thinner ?

Anyway there is a Soy Home Maker so I guess you could make you're own. Just remember that like regular milk, all the vitamins are stored in the fat, so if you cut it all out those will all float to the top and be lost in the first cup/glass you use it in..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soy_milk_maker

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

HK

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
I can't drink anything but whole milk.

Ditto. I can manage semi-skim milk if it's in something else like tea, but I'd never drink it by itself, and the one time I tried skim milk it was like drinking milky water. Yeuch.

AUDRAA

Reaction score
Tokenz
261.08z
Why would you want it thinner ?

Anyway there is a Soy Home Maker so I guess you could make you're own. Just remember that like regular milk, all the vitamins are stored in the fat, so if you cut it all out those will all float to the top and be lost in the first cup/glass you use it in..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soy_milk_maker
because sometimes when I drink something thick like that it feels to heavy, I dont know how to describe it any better than that, not all the time just occasionally

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,387.70z
because sometimes when I drink something thick like that it feels to heavy, I dont know how to describe it any better than that, not all the time just occasionally

I understand what you're saying. I feel the same way about whole milk. I can't drink it anymore...it's way too heavy.

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z

I'm the same. Whole milk is really horrible for me, it's too thick.

Francis

Sarcasm is me :)
Reaction score
Tokenz
2.08z

No problem.. I just found that going from 2% milk to Soy was already a drastic change..

Seeing I am not into "Light" products i never looked into it.. Have you looked into this.. It seems there are such Soy products.. I would not be one to buy these because if I had my own choice I would go back to regular Homogenized milk but I can live with Soy..

Here is one I found very quick on Google.. Not everyone has the same brands so I have no clue what's in your area..

lights_plainRO_new2.png

http://silksoymilk.com/products/lights

Last edited by a moderator:

AUDRAA

Reaction score
Tokenz
261.08z
I never thought about the light, maybe that is thinner Ill try it next time I buy, Im almost out of what I have now so Ill let you know and Silk is usually the one I buy even though I know there are others Im chicken to try them because I know I like this brand

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Soy milk is just downright nasty...same way with soy burgers etc

Milk is milk...pretty simple...Soy juice isnt milk...will never be like milk and the name needs to be changed.

IMO there should have been some outrage by the actual dairy industry.

Please do not call it milk...unless you also approve of calling piss lemonade....or apples oranges

Dana

In Memoriam - RIP
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
Soy milk is just downright nasty...same way with soy burgers etc

Milk is milk...pretty simple...Soy juice isnt milk...will never be like milk and the name needs to be changed.

IMO there should have been some outrage by the actual dairy industry.

Please do not call it milk...unless you also approve of calling piss lemonade....or apples oranges
Milk Of Magnesia isn't MILK either... Butter Milk isn't MILK.... Hence why they put Almond & Soy in front of the word Milk. It's a milk alternative. Vegans and the lactose intolerant and people that just don't plain want to drink dairy cannot/will not consume milk so they came up with alternatives to appease them/us. We are the only species that consumes the milk of other animals. We are not made to drink cows milk. Why do you think it is that humans and animals alike (as if there is a difference sometimes) are weened off of mother's milk after a certain peroid?

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
You're an idiot... Truly... Milk Of Magnesia isn't MILK either... Butter Milk isn't MILK.... Hence why they put Almond & Soy in front of the word Milk. It's a milk alternative. Vegans and the lactose intolerant and people that just don't plain want to drink dairy cannot/will not consume milk so they came up with alternatives to appease them/us. We are the only species that consumes the milk of other animals. We are not made to drink cows milk. Why do you think it is that humans and animals alike (as if there is a difference sometimes) are weened off of mother's milk after a certain peroid?
You're an idiot... Truly... Milk Of Magnesia isn't MILK either... Butter Milk isn't MILK..
:24:

Milk of magnesia is not a beverage and places the word milk in the front...but get this..its not milk either..so I dont approve..2 wrongs dont make a right Dana..thats liberal ideology at work
Butter milk is indeed a dairy product ..and comes from actual milk.
And you want to call me an idiot.....You seem pretty sensitive about your soy products dana.

Vegans and the lactose intolerant and people that just don't plain want to drink dairy cannot/will not consume milk so they came up with alternatives to appease them/us.

Then dont drink milk.....its that simple.

Dana

In Memoriam - RIP
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
:24:

Milk of magnesia is not a beverage and places the word milk in the front...but get this..its not milk either..so I dont approve..2 wrongs dont make a right Dana..thats liberal ideology at work
Butter milk is indeed a dairy product ..and comes from actual milk.
And you want to call me an idiot.....You seem pretty sensitive about your soy products dana.

Then dont drink milk.....its that simple.
I don't drink soy milk or eat soy... I like one particular soy drink. That makes me sensitive? You ranted about things being called milk there were NOT milk. I was confused on the matter of buttermilk because I heard it has changed since it was originally made in the old days. The fact of the matter is your post about milk is silly to me.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
I don't drink soy milk or eat soy... I like one particular soy drink. That makes me sensitive? You ranted about things being called milk there were NOT milk. I was confused on the matter of buttermilk because I heard it has changed since it was originally made in the old days. The fact of the matter is your post about milk is silly to me.

Yes..you became irate and made an effort to insult..it is reasonable to say you are sensitive regarding discussions of soy juice.
...IJS :D

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back