Soy Milk instead of regular Milk

Users who are viewing this thread

Francis

Sarcasm is me :)
Reaction score
Tokenz
2.08z
So I did what I thought I never would and changed to Soy Milk.. My doctor believes I might have re-started an allergic reaction to milk and other dairy products I had as a child. So he asked I keep my intake of these products to a minimum to lower the stomach issues as much as possible.. It really has made a difference and I really like it..

He also gave me pro-biotic pills to take and asked I stay away from the Yogourt.

How many of you use the Soy Milk ?

I have been buying the "So Good Soy Milk Vanilla" but there are many others on the market..

These are by far not cheap..

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

AUDRAA

Reaction score
Tokenz
261.08z
I use to drink it all the time but have just started again recently. I like chocolate milk but cant do regular milk so soy is my only option. I also recently tried the fruit blends with the soy milk they have a berry and a peach mango that I have tried so far and I think they taste just like a smoothie!

satinbutterfly

Miss Piggy
Reaction score
Tokenz
169.23z
I would have a really difficult time if I couldn't drink milk. I've heard soy milk isn't bad... but it would be difficult for me to switch if I had to.

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I love unflavored, light soy milk for cereal. The vanilla and chocolate are pretty sweet...not the most palatable.
Milk is wasted calories for me, so I stick to the soy. It tastes good to me.

Now coconut milk and almond milk are a touch harder to chug down.

AUDRAA

Reaction score
Tokenz
261.08z
its definitly a different texture, alot thicker but I have never had a habit like regular milk so for me it wasnt as hard to get use to as it may be if I had

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
its definitly a different texture, alot thicker but I have never had a habit like regular milk so for me it wasnt as hard to get use to as it may be if I had

I agree. I am a skim milk drinker, too...so I'm not used to that cream flavor anyway.

Francis

Reaction score
Tokenz
2.08z
I love unflavored, light soy milk for cereal. The vanilla and chocolate are pretty sweet...not the most palatable.
Milk is wasted calories for me, so I stick to the soy. It tastes good to me.

Now coconut milk and almond milk are a touch harder to chug down.

I don't mind the vanilla cause I need not add sugar to my coffee.. Not like I will drink glasses and glasses of it :tooth

Francis

Reaction score
Tokenz
2.08z
I would have a really difficult time if I couldn't drink milk. I've heard soy milk isn't bad... but it would be difficult for me to switch if I had to.

Give it a try.. I was much like you before last week.. I was totally surprised by my like for it..

I think you ask Starbucks to give you a little taste if they ever make a batch of it in excess.. Just ask them to make a little more for you to test out if you drink coffee..

AUDRAA

Reaction score
Tokenz
261.08z
I dont get what peoples hang up with the fact that it is soy is, I really think if sometimes people didnt know before they tried things they would feel differently

Francis

Reaction score
Tokenz
2.08z
I dont get what peoples hang up with the fact that it is soy is, I really think if sometimes people didnt know before they tried things they would feel differently

I agree and did the same with Sushi.. I was offered a job and told if I ate sushi I would have the job ( jokingly ) so I said yes and almost put him under in Sushi afterwards.. :24:

I usually try anything.. Emu, Buffalo, Rattle snake meat..

I think with Sushi and Soy was that I based it on other peoples opinions and or bad encounters..

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,387.70z
I need to work on making the switch to Soy Milk, but right now I'm still drinking 2% or 1% milk. I've tried almond milk and it has a weird, almost minty, taste to me. :dunno

AUDRAA

Reaction score
Tokenz
261.08z
Good luck Tasha, hopefully you can make the transition :)

On a side note anyone have any ideas how you would thin down the consistancy without wrecking it? With milk there is always 2, 1 or even skim that you can add if you didnt like whole, but thats not really an option with this

Tim

Having way too much fun
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
111.11z
I can't drink anything but whole milk. We keep it in the house at all time for the kids and I have never been able to get use to skim or 2%. Hopefully I never have a need to switch to anything else, would hate to give up my whole milk

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back