san Fran gay marriages

Users who are viewing this thread

SloMoFo

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
well if you girls are done having your hissy fits i can put my .02 in

gays should not be MARRIED, marriage by definition is the union between a man and a woman and is more for religious purposes

however i do believe homosexuals have the right to have a union and still get benefits from it ...just cant call it a marriage IMO ..they just need to come up with a new term

when you are wed your vows are heard before a preist and he is the one that pronounces you man and wife through a church ....in most religions homosexuality is a sin ....no preist will condone it and many will not wed two people of the same sex

leave marriage to religious men and women and call the homosexuals union something else....that should make everyone happy

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

lemon

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Re: RE: san Fran gay marriages

SloMoFo said:
well if you girls are done having your hissy fits i can put my .02 in

gays should not be MARRIED, marriage by definition is the union between a man and a woman and is more for religious purposes

however i do believe homosexuals have the right to have a union and still get benefits from it ...just cant call it a marriage IMO ..they just need to come up with a new term

when you are wed your vows are heard before a preist and he is the one that pronounces you man and wife through a church ....in most religions homosexuality is a sin ....no preist will condone it and many will not wed two people of the same sex

leave marriage to religious men and women and call the homosexuals union something else....that should make everyone happy

yeah its called "life partners"

CareBear3030

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
First of all...I was raised to love and fear God, but I, just as most do not live totally as I should. The reason I originally posted the scriptures is because Saleen said the Bible did not say homosexuality is wrong...but it does. I am not trying to put anyone down....nor am I HATING gays. I have a gay uncle, and have had several gay friends....as long as they respect me then I respect them, just as any other human being. But, I am entiteled to my opinion just as they are entitled to theirs. I just do not believe that God will honor that marriage. No, I do not believe that we should go stoning anyone, and I do not believe that anyone should be judged. God will do that himself. And if you are an adulterer or a homosexual...then he will judge you. You know what - even if you are just a liar he will judge you...not me. I dont understand why you are all hating on me for voicing my opinion....and making sure that the Bible was not misrepresented. If you read my posts I said more power to the married gays. Let them have the marriage tax breaks...which are shit anyway, and if they want to call it marriage the so be it. But in the eyes of the God.....it will not be marriage.

2001_Saleen

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Exactly, so why should law makers make an amendment to the constitution about this issue? They need to deal with more pressing matters, let God sort 'em out.

Tim

Having way too much fun
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
111.11z
I guess you all missed my point... It doesn't matter what the bible says about gays, I don't want my government making laws or decisions based on the Bible. Just like I don't want them making laws based on the Analects, the Bhagavad Gita, the Five Classics, the Koran, the New Testament, the Old Testament, the Talmud, the Tao-te-ching, the Upanishads, or the Veda. Keep all religion out of my government, because the day we let one in, is the day we have to let them all in. This is why we have seperation of church and state. So if you can't show me a good legal arguement as to why they should not be allowed to be married in the eyes of the law, then you are showing that your religion is playing a roll in your decision.

2001_Saleen

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

RecklessTim said:
I guess you all missed my point... It doesn't matter what the bible says about gays, I don't want my government making laws or decisions based on the Bible. Just like I don't want them making laws based on the Analects, the Bhagavad Gita, the Five Classics, the Koran, the New Testament, the Old Testament, the Talmud, the Tao-te-ching, the Upanishads, or the Veda. Keep all religion out of my government, because the day we let one in, is the day we have to let them all in. This is why we have seperation of church and state. So if you can't show me a good legal arguement as to why they should not be allowed to be married in the eyes of the law, then you are showing that your religion is playing a roll in your decision.
Where is the American Flag Salute emoticon??

MikeHawke

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
If it makes the turd burglars happy to let them get married, who the hell are we to tell them they can't do it?

Besides, it's good for a laugh. Those cakes with the 2 grooms on them absolutely kill me. :D

It's a free country.......yes Canada is a free country too fuckers :fu

MrAWatts

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z

CareBear3030 said:
First of all...I was raised to love and fear God, but I, just as most do not live totally as I should. The reason I originally posted the scriptures is because Saleen said the Bible did not say homosexuality is wrong...but it does. I am not trying to put anyone down....nor am I HATING gays. I have a gay uncle, and have had several gay friends....as long as they respect me then I respect them, just as any other human being. But, I am entiteled to my opinion just as they are entitled to theirs. I just do not believe that God will honor that marriage. No, I do not believe that we should go stoning anyone, and I do not believe that anyone should be judged. God will do that himself. And if you are an adulterer or a homosexual...then he will judge you. You know what - even if you are just a liar he will judge you...not me. I dont understand why you are all hating on me for voicing my opinion....and making sure that the Bible was not misrepresented. If you read my posts I said more power to the married gays. Let them have the marriage tax breaks...which are shit anyway, and if they want to call it marriage the so be it. But in the eyes of the God.....it will not be marriage.

So I have a question. If there are two gay guys. They are great people. worship god, do good things, give to charities, blah blah blah. They get married. Are you telling me that you think god would refuse them? After all, they have served him and spread his word.

This is not an issue we should discuss anyways. If you are a believer of god then you are foolish to cast your own judgement on someone else. Only he can judge. So let him be the one to do it when the time is right and stop wasting your time with petty arguments.

IntruderLS1

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

MrAWatts said:
CareBear3030 said:

So I have a question. If there are two gay guys. They are great people. worship god, do good things, give to charities, blah blah blah. They get married. Are you telling me that you think god would refuse them? After all, they have served him and spread his word.

This is not an issue we should discuss anyways. If you are a believer of god then you are foolish to cast your own judgement on someone else. Only he can judge. So let him be the one to do it when the time is right and stop wasting your time with petty arguments.

That's exactly what she's saying I think.

MikeHawke

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
homos are funny.

My friend of 20 years came out and even went so far as to leave his wife and two daughters and open a gay bar.

Now he is a "life partner" with some rich dude and they are FUNNAH as all hell. My friend has to hold doors for his partner and help him down stairs if it's icy......like he's the guy and the other guy is the chick. It kills me.....with laughter. :D

I wonder what penis tastes like.

I will have to ask him :lol

Tazzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
You know i have a question here ....... I agree with what the Bible says ..... BUT we are all Human ( an no one is perfect) ..... So im trying to figure who on here has the right to cast the FIRST Stone ????????? what other people do is there business ..... Especially in there bedroom :dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno

Watts if yhou read what i said you see if you are perfect you throw the first stone if not then every one is intitled to there opintion and if theres isnt what you like then can say but Oppintions are liekass holes every one has one :dunno :dunno :dunno

Tazzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Well did they get up and attack any one are make them do what ever they were doing ???????? If not then dont look at them just ignore it .........

lemon

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
i gotz a question:

what about the flip side of the coin? lesbians?

personally, i dont mind if lesbians get it on, but they gotz ta be hotzorz

78,865Threads
2,185,212Messages
4,953Members
Back