Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

GraceAbounds

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
“Love looks for a way to be constructive.” In other words, love looks for ways to improve someone else’s life. Love brings out the best in other people. Don’t just get up in the morning thinking about yourself or how you can make your own life better. Think about how you can make someone else’s life better. Ask yourself, “Who can I encourage today?” “Who can I build up?” You have something to offer those around you that no one else can give. Someone in your life needs your encouragement. Someone in your life needs to know that you believe in them. I believe God will hold us responsible for the people He’s put in our lives. He’s counting on us to bring out the best in our family and friends. Are you improving the lives of those around you? Are you giving them confidence? Ask the Lord to give you creative ways to encourage those around you. As you sow seeds of encouragement and bring out the best in others, God will send people along your path that will build you up so that you can move forward into the blessing He has in store for you.
:) :) :) :) :)

GraceAbounds

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Freedom does not mean the ability to do whatever comes spontaneously into one's mind. This may express our creativity, but could lead to confusion and a lot of wasted energy. Freedom instead is the ability to do what one must. To achieve this, self-discipline is necessary, and this always involves saying No to the things that so easily charm and entice us. Saying "No" to these things involves having heard a new "Yes" that makes the other pale into insignificance.

Suzie

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Be glad you don't have to dot I's and cross t's. Be glad you don't continuously sneeze. When you are down and good feelings are far, just tell yourself how lucky you are!

~Dr. Seuss

Thebest

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I have learned that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
–Henry David Thoreau

Peter Parka

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Some gems from Brendan Behan.:D

All publicity is good, except an obituary notice.

Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.

I am a drinker with writing problems.

I have a total irreverence for anything connected with society except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer.

I have never seen a situation so dismal that a policeman couldn't make it worse.

I was court-martialled in my absence, and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence.

If it was raining soup, the Irish would go out with forks.

It is a good deed to forget a poor joke.

It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's rather that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody.

New York is my Lourdes, where I go for spiritual refreshment... a place where you're least likely to be bitten by a wild goat.

One drink is too many for me and a thousand not enough.

Other people have a nationality. The Irish and the Jews have a psychosis.

Shakespeare said pretty well everything and what he left out, James Joyce, with a judge from meself, put in.

The Bible was a consolation to a fellow alone in the old cell. The lovely thin paper with a bit of matress stuffing in it, if you could get a match, was as good a smoke as I ever tasted.

The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.

The most important things to do in the world are to get something to eat, something to drink and somebody to love you.

To get enough to eat was regarded as an achievement. To get drunk was a victory.

What the hell difference does it make, left or right? There were good men lost on both sides.

Sparkler

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever.
Sigmund Freud; About the Irish.

Some men see things as they are and ask why?Others dream things that never were and ask why not.

George Bernard Shaw

Our greatest glory is not in never falling,but in rising every time we fall.

Oliver Goldsmith

Liberty without learning is always in peril,Learning without liberty is always in vain.

A nation reveals itself not only by the men it produces but by the men it honours ,the men it remembers.

Both by JFK

GraceAbounds

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
There will always be critics and naysayers in life. It's not what's said about you that affects your life, but what you say and believe about yourself.

Has the opinions of other people caused you to water down your dreams?

One of the most important things you can learn is that other people don't have to believe in you in order for your dreams to come to pass. Other people don't set the limits for your life--you do.

In Romans 3:3, the Apostle Paul is saying, "It doesn't matter if other people don't believe. Their unbelief is not going to keep me from believing in my dreams." When God puts a promise in your heart, it's not up to other people to bring it to pass, it's up to you! You don't need everyone to validate you. You have to follow the voice of God for yourself and allow Him to order your steps.

God sees the hidden treasures that you've had buried on the inside of you. He wants to bring those treasures out and make your dreams reality! As you get rid of old, defeated thoughts and replace them with what God says about you, you will remove the limits and live the abundant life God has in store for you!

Dodge_Sniper

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
"DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!!"

-Andrew Meyer. :D

:rofl2:

"Those who do not appreciate life do not deserve life"

-Jigsaw

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."

"They misunderestimated me."

"Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?"

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

-George Bush(Current President)

Mrs Behavin

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.55z
When the door of happiness closes, another one opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us. -- Helen Keller, Educator and writer

Cherish your visions and you dreams, as they are the children of your soul; the blueprints of your ultimate achievements. --Napoleon Hill

Happiness Is... taking in all the wonders of life -- its joys, its sorrows, its sunshine, its smiles -- learning from the experiences each one brings you, and then, from a caring heart, giving them all away again. --Author Unknown

Opportunity may knock only once, but temptation leans on the doorbell.
-- Anonymous

Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. --Joshua J. Marine

Mrs Behavin

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.55z
Always be nice to your children because they are the ones who will choose your rest home. --Phyllis Diller

Life isn't like a box of chocolates . It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your rear tomorrow.

There are moments in life when you miss someone
so much that you just want to pick them from
your dreams and hug them for real!

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead,
where there is no path and leave a trail.

Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours,
as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give.

Everything slows down with age, except the time
it takes cake and ice cream to reach your hips.

Thebest

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
"Politics gives guys so much power that they tend to behave badly around women. And I hope I never get into that."
Bill Clinton, former U.S. president

"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."
Bill Clinton, former U.S. President

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
Britney Spears, Pop Singer

GraceAbounds

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
The Duck & the Devil

There was a little boy visiting his grandparents on their farm.
Hewas given a slingshot to play with out in the woods.
He practiced inthe woods; but he could never hit the target.
Getting a little discouraged, he headed back for dinner.
As he was walking back he saw Grandma's pet duck.

Just out of impulse, he let the slingshot fly, hit the duck square
in the head and killed it. He was shocked and grieved! In a
panic, he hid the dead duck in the wood pile; only to see his
sister watching! Sally had seen it all, but she said nothing.

After lunch the next day Grandma said, "Sally, let's wash the
dishes." But Sally said, "Grandma, Johnny told me he wanted to
help in the kitchen." Then she whispered to him, "Remember the
duck?" So Johnny did the dishes.

Later that day, Grandpa asked if the children wanted to go
fishingand Grandma said, "I'm sorry but I need Sally to help make
supper."

Sally just smiled and said, "Well that's all right because Johnny
told me he wanted to help." She whispered again, "Remember the
duck?"So Sally went fishing and Johnny stayed to help.

After several days of Johnny doing both his chores and Sally's,
he finally couldn't stand it any longer.

He came to Grandma and confessed that he had killed the duck.
Grandma knelt down, gave him a hug and said, "Sweetheart, I
now.You see, I was standing at the window and I saw the whole
thing, butbecause I love you, I forgave you. I was just wondering how
long youwould let Sally make a slave of you."

Moral of the story:
Whatever is in your past, whatever you have done... and the
devilkeeps throwing it up in your face (lying, cheating, debt, fear,
badhabits, hatred, anger, bitterness, etc.)...whatever it is...You
need to know that God was standing at the window and He saw the
whole thing.

Hehas seen your whole life. He wants you to know that He loves
you andthat you are forgiven.