Quotes & Sayings

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
My Great Grandmother was such a hoot! She had a whole lot of sayings, I heard them through out my childhood and most of them were over my head or I never put much thought into them.

She's been gone for several years now and to this day she continues to crack me up when I recall one of her old sayings and with my adult mind understand exactly what she meant.

I'll share a couple of them with you now.

"An old cat never scratches unless she's covering up her own."

"If wishes were fishes only fools would cast a net."

"Wishfull waste makes woefull want and you might live to say, Oh how I wish I had that which I once tossed away!"

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

MMMMatilde

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
122.72z
Laughter Is The Music Of Life
Don't live to love,
Love to live,
Don't be afraid to love,
But don't be afraid to live.
"Don't look for Mr. Right, look for Mr. Right Now, one day, that now part will just drop right off." - The Sweetest Thing

Doveshit

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Sometimes naked
Sometimes mad
Now the scholar
Now the fool
Thus they appear on earth:
The free men

-Hindu verse

*I try to live by that one.

boombala

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.

Albert Einstein

Peter Parka

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
It's my belief that history is a wheel. "Inconsistency is my very essence" -says the wheel- "Rise up on my spokes if you like, but don't complain when you are cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it is also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away".

Boethius

Thebest

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics; I can assure you that mine are still greater.

-Albert Einstein

Godsloveapples

Between darkness and wonder
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.08z
Stewie: Now, I'm going to do something I like to call the 'Compliment Sandwhich" Where I say something good, talk about where you need improvement, and then end with something good.
Brian: Whatever you gotta do...
Stewie (flips notepad): Something good... something good... You look like SNOOPY and it makes me smile... but you have smelly dog farts.

SYN

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
forgot who this was by, but this is my favourite saying

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.

Anastasia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
"I do not write about nice people. I am not nice people."
Dorothy Allison

"Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear."

"I'll tell you a big secret, mon cher. Don't wait for the Last Judgment. It takes place every day"
Albert Camus

"I live in a world where two truths coexist; where both hell and hope lie in the palm of my hand."
Alice Sebold

"Most of the luxuries, and many of the so-called comforts of life, are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind."
Henry David Thoreau

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."
Jane Austen

"Out of the nursery into the college and back to the nursery; there's your intellectual pattern for the past five centuries of more."

"Don't ask for guarantees. And don't look to be saved in any one thing, person, machine, or library. Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were headed for shore."
Ray Bradbury

"We accept the love we think we deserve."

Not everyone has a sob story, and even if they do, it's no excuse."
Stephen Chobosky

78,866Threads
2,185,215Messages
4,953Members
Back