Quotes & Sayings

Users who are viewing this thread

Denis Hard

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
An inspirational quote:
Worrying about tomorrow will only bring sorrow. Live for today.
Most people plan to live their lives tomorrow or at some later date when they're doing better financially, emotionally, etc., but it never comes. . .and they end up living miserable lives.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

themarksquared

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Here's an inspirational quote from the King of Pop himself, Michael Jackson.

If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.

pandandesign

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
~Never say what if. Never have any regrets. Live life to the fullest for you may find one day, that your memories are the only thing left worth holding onto.~

~my own personal quote...I used this as my senior yearbook quote

It sure is a good quote right there! I really like your quote. Thank you for sharing!

brezzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.41z
Qoutes? oh I have a lot, but let me share one of them from one of my favorite authors and movies:

“I read somewhere... how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong... to measure yourself at least once.”
Jon Krakauer, Into the Wild

hijin

Dreaming Writer
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Oh no, this is difficult. I have a lot of favorite quotations, and most of them are from "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Most of them were said by the fox, which happened to be my favorite character in the book.

Here are some:

"But I, alas, do not know how to see sheep through the walls of boxes. Perhaps I am a little like the grown-ups."
-- the aviator in "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Ch4)

“Go and look again at the roses. You will understand now that yours is unique in all the world.”
-- the fox in "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Ch21)

“You are not at all like my rose,” he said. “As yet you are nothing. No one has tamed you, and you have tamed no one. You are like my fox when I first new him. He was only a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But I have made him my friend, and now he is unique in all the world.”
-- the prince in "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Ch21)

“You are beautiful, but you are empty,” he went on. “One could not die for you. To be sure, an ordinary passerby would think that my rose looked just like you– the rose that belongs to me. But in herself alone she is more important than all the hundreds of you other roses: because it is she that I have watered; because it is she that I have put under the glass globe; because it is she that I have sheltered behind the screen; because it is for her that I have killed the caterpillars (except the two or three that we saved to become butterflies); because it is she that I have listened to, when she grumbled, or boasted, or even sometimes when she said nothing. Because she is my rose."
-- the prince in "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Ch21)

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”
--the fox in "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Ch21)

“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important... You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.” ---the fox in "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Ch21)

xTinx

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Yes, it will probably take me a day or more to be able to enumerate all my favorite quotations. I'm going to share a few of those that have recently inspired me:

“If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.”
― Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood

“...the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.”
― Jack Kerouac, On the Road

“You do have a story inside you; it lies articulate and waiting to be written — behind your silence and your suffering.”
Anne Rice

“When I am with you, we stay up all night.
When you're not here, I can't go to sleep.
Praise God for those two insomnias!
And the difference between them.”
― Rumi

“The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience.”
― Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

MLNewkirk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
“I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you."
~Roy Croft

I love this quote because it best describes how I feel about my husband. He simply brings out the best in me. I can't imagine my life without him.

78,864Threads
2,185,192Messages
4,953Members
Back