online relationships

Users who are viewing this thread

Anna Ramsey

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I met my husband online in a Yahoo! chat room. He and I were just friends at first, laughing and joking together. It seemed that when one of us was single, the other was in a relationship. When we were both finally single, he was in Florida, and I was in Oklahoma. He flew out to see me, and we have been together ever since. Fourteen years and three kids later, we are married, happy, and he can still make me laugh like no on else can. I think online relationships can work out just like any other, but you have to be honest, just like in a face to face relationship. I think the mistake a lot of people make in an online relationship is they start lying from they get go, and it never stops. And then when they finally meet, both people are expecting someone totally different than who they are actually meeting.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

whnuien

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.21z
Well I'm not sure if it is considered as an online relationship but I was in a long distance relationship with my husband for few years before we got married and we mainly communicated through Skype. We are now married, have a daughter and are living together.

Kitty Kat

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.09z
I have had several online boyfriends and I am currently in a relationship that started off as an online relationship. We met back in the summer of 2004 on an internet forum called "TvTome", we were friends for 3 years before we started dating each other. We started dating in 2007 and we met in person for the first time in 2009 when he visited me. He's always lived in Florida and I had move a few times during the course of our friendship. Anyways, we were in an on again off again relationship for a little while but back in April, of 2011 I moved to Florida to be with him and we have been living together ever since. Though I tend to have doubts about our relationship to be honest, for the most part things have worked out but sometimes I feel like I want certain commitments more so than he does. We've been together for 8-ish years and he has not once proposed to me but I think that may have to do with the difference in our ages if anything. *shrugs*

Last edited by a moderator:

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,377.70z
Currently in a relationship that began through an online dating site. Honestly, I kept seeing his picture and thinking "damn, he's sexy" but would never pay it any more attention b/c he was in Florida and I was in Massachusetts. One day I decided to smile at him through the website and he ended up sending me a message. We chatted for a while and eventually I realized I had developed feelings for him. Not long after, he broached the subject, and we ended up both admitting we had fallen for each other.

I have to admit, our relationship is the best one I've ever had. We've been together a year and a half now.

RUBESH

Reaction score
Tokenz
415.23z
I had a couple the online world relationships a few years ago, but none of them lasted. Most of them are out to extort money from me, thus I despise them to the core. A dependable relationship is required for me to be dependant forever.

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,271.63z
Actually, it doesn't matter if you have an online relationship, it's just that many people warn you to be careful. Maybe because of the many crimes and modes of fraud that occur in the online world, it is only natural for them to order like that.

Blessed19

Reaction score
Tokenz
883.68z
What do you think of online relationships,and have you ever had a online relationship?If so how did it turn out to be?I have had a couple before,but it didn't turn out to be anything serious.
Online relationship is something that varies also for everyone, there are some relationships online that turns out to be real and not something that is being faked while a lot others are fake love and with frauds. I have seen of a relationship that led to marriage which was started online and we have also seen ladies and gentlemen being killed or used for rituals after visiting their lovers who they met online.

Chibson

Reaction score
Tokenz
214.28z
Online relationship only works for a few people. I have had another relationship before but we never got to see each other.

78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back