Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Thornless

Or am I?
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Brujah was an online relationship as friends for two or three years before meeting in person, then we were dating/engaged for 2 years, have been married for 9. We have two kids now.

It works if you both want it.

Keight

Reaction score
Tokenz
175.38z
Ive been in a few online relationships. Ask me then i would have told you its the communication that is they key. Ask me now and I will tell you its the communication that can be the curse. Too much, not enough, words taken out of context, jealousy for no good reason. I wouldnt do it again.
Its too hard and at the end of the day if you are miles away from someone and there is no physical contact it can be really hard an make you question not only youself but the person on the other end of the relationship.

HK

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
I've had a couple of online relationships, though none that ever came to anything serious.

The two worst things I found were a) the distance apart and b) how easy it is for people to lie about... pretty much anything they like, including their real intentions, their home life, their relationships with other people and things you supposedly have in common. Luckily the majority weren't like that, but that's one downside to the internet - it's a real haven for pricks :p

hart

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I've had many long time girl friend relationships, met in person too. I consider them very good friends. I've had a few sexual relationships, from chat lines. One I still consider a friend. But now that I'm married they've stopped, obviously. ;)

I met my hubby Joe thru a dating service.

The Doc

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Never 'dated' a girl online, but i keep a live account on www.tagged.com, www.pof.com, and www.okcupid.com, I put in my zipcode and copy paste a mass message to all the cute girls according to zip code. Talk for a day or two, exchange numbers then text, following friday or saturday meet up for a bite to eat or hit the bar. I actually get more buisness off those sites then meeting girls in person at bars. Works for me, try it out.

porterjack

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
Never 'dated' a girl online, but i keep a live account on www.tagged.com, www.pof.com, and www.okcupid.com, I put in my zipcode and copy paste a mass message to all the cute girls according to zip code. Talk for a day or two, exchange numbers then text, following friday or saturday meet up for a bite to eat or hit the bar. I actually get more buisness off those sites then meeting girls in person at bars. Works for me, try it out.

Ok i will whats your zipcode?

Aeval

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z

That's rather sluttish behaviour, but hey, if that's what everyone wants...no harm done.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,377.70z
Not a romantic relationship, but my soon-to-be roommate is someone that I met online and have known for about 12 years.

pandandesign

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I met my wife through online, well, kind of online. My mom's cousin was the one who introduced my wife to me. At first, I just talked to her online. After the first day, I knew she was the one I was looking for. We have talked online for about one month before we decided to get married, which I had to fly back to my home country to marry her. I think when a relationship comes, it comes fast, regardless it's online or not.

Lizbeth19ph

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
I am currently in a relationship with my boyfriend who lives in Australia and we are in our 3rd year now and have plans of settling down by next year. :) We started as friends online having the same interests being both artists. Some online relationships lasts while others don't but I think if it's meant to be it will just happen. And you have to be extra careful too meeting people online since not all are being true to you.

Aiko

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I met my husband online. An online mutual friend introduced us to each other. We were friends for years before we tried the online dating. A year later,he flew oceans apart to come to meet me first time and spent a whole month with me. He told his mother that his heart stopped when he saw me and we were doing long distance for two years before I moved to U.S. We've been married for over 8 years so I'd say online relationship can work. In fact many people I know have at least tried online dating once in their life. It was pretty hard for me because I struggle with the food back at home and the fact I can't fly home every year makes it harder. But then again I don't think I want to fly home every year? lol I mean last time I flew back, 10 hours in the plane just killed my knee!

We just bought our first house and moved in last month as well so we couldn't be happier.

DaBlink182

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Yea I've had one in the past. Didn't really turn out the way I wanted it to turn out though. We talked every single day for months before meeting in person and those talks/calls were amazing. You can really bond with someone online, but the relationship just misses that one, vital point: IRL contact. Oh well, we went our ways and we still talk every now and then but it's not the same anymore. Sucks, she was really cool to talk to.

Minormc

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I think online relationships are just like offline relationships. They are all about what you make them. I have had a few and I had one with my husband for a while and as you can see we are married and have 2 kids and one on the way. It's nothing wrong with online relationships you just have to be careful with it just like you would with everything else. Use caution because there are ones out there to only hurt people.

mansawalta

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
As a rule on relationships, I generally go by this mantra which is.....it really depends on the people and how committed they are to each other. If the couple are mature and matter to each other, you would have to kill someone to end their love. But if there is nothing solid to the relationship, then it would never work out online. It would be hard for them to build trust and a whole lot of issues can arise.

78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back