online relationships

Users who are viewing this thread

kat74

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
I have not yet tried online dating because I am happily married right now. Am yet to find someone who has a success story about it, am sure some have succeeded but still there are very many people who have tried and the experience was nasty.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

BleedingBull

Banned, by user's request!
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I have not yet tried online dating because I am happily married right now. Am yet to find someone who has a success story about it, am sure some have succeeded but still there are very many people who have tried and the experience was nasty.

Theres just as many if not more that meet offline and and it turns nasty as well ;)

Annetteb

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I think there is nothing wrong with online relationships as long as you trust one another. There are lots of weirdos out there who misrepresent themselves, so you have to be careful who you get involved with.

ReadmeByAmy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
Based on my experience I met my husband through online long distance relationship. My college friend introduced me that site where you can meet friends of different nationalities. My friend also find the luck to met her husband also through online and now they are happily married. So I tired making friends there until I met my husband. After 3 months of communicating online he traveled and visited me and my family in our country. After that he always come and go to visit me around 5 times in our country until we planned to get married. And now we are happily married living together in their country and I thank God I had found a good person in Him.

And so, there is nothing wrong in online and long distance relationships as long as both of you are serious and had good intentions to each other. It doesn't mean that if you meet someone online it is just for fun. No! you can find there true people who are honest same as where you can find to people you got to see personally everyday.

bede41

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I don't believe in online relationships. I think these are fake, you can't know deeply about your friend online. The person cheat you easily in online friendship.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lizbeth19ph

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
I have been to 3 failed online relationships but I am in no way disheartened to fall in love again. :) The last one I was in had been the longest relationship I had online which lasted more then 3 yrs. I broke up with my ex just recently for there are things that are not working out between the two of us. I thought that it was better to let go than hang on further to what might have been false hopes given to me but we are still in speaking terms and are friends. :)

Naiwen

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.13z
i'm against it as I think cheating can happen more easily, and of course, the other misrepresenting themselves (not telling the truth about themselves) is a big issue on the internet.

justcurioustwo

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I met my SO online 8 years ago. We had a lot of challenges along the way, but now have two children and still together. We were lucky though. Neither of us were "looking" and it was not a dating site. Honestly though, I probably wouldn't do it again. Too many people pretend to be who they are not and I just don't have the time or patience to deal with that.

PrettiMamita

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I have never dated anyone totally online but have met people from the internet who lived in my town. I can think of 3 guys who I met online and met up and started dating. I also have 2 friends I've met online originally and now talk face to face. I do have one friend now though that is purely online but only because of the location. I feel if we were closer we would talk face to face more.

I have nothing against online relationships but I feel they could be difficult because they are probably long distance. If two people can make it work good for them, that's all that should matter.

forceofnature

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I met my wonderful girlfriend on Facebook. As we both suffer from severe anxiety issues, we both found that this was the best way to meet people. I have spent 7 weeks with her in person, although we both do find the pauses between seeing each other difficult, particularly as the time we have spent together in person is over the course of 2 years. My girlfriend lives 200 miles away, so we're only able to see each other every three months or so. I'll be seeing her in May, and I'm really looking forward to being with her again. Online relationships are certainly tough, but if you put your heart and soul into it to make things work, then it is certainly possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

MMMMatilde

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
122.72z
I think that you have to make sure you differentiate between online dating websites and online relationships. I feel that online dating is unfortunately the way of the future for a majority of people. My mum met her partner who she has been with for 5 years now through online dating websites. How else was a single mother working full time and studying going to have the time to meet someone and learn about them? Online relationships I find can be fun for a short time but you can't be in a relationship with someone for years just through the internet - that is not a relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eagle22

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I really do like the idea of online relationships, it gives you guys a chance to get to know each other before you actually start "dating". Just as long as you meet up eventually it should be fine! The biggest problem is I have seen people go years of talking online and they never met up.

santorebirth

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I used to believe that the woman for me is also out there somewhere, seeking that one true love online, but somehow I grew up and stopped dreaming. IMO online relationships nowadays is very risky. The internet is
already filled with catfishes and psychopaths. It takes guts and patience to pursue this kind of relationship.

NobodysSon

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've had two relationships that started online. The first ultimately didn't work out because neither of us were over-eager to move to where the other person was, and she finally met someone in her own city (who knocked her up and left, but I digress). That relationship lasted a year and a half. My current relationship also started online, and is about a year old. She is moving here in May which I am very excited about!

lizzief79

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
I went online to look for a man. I worked full time and didn't go out a lot so it seemed a simple option to find someone. I eventually met my partner. We now live together and have four children. We are saving up to get married.

78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back