Participant count
  • Participants list

satinbutterfly

Miss Piggy
Reaction score
Tokenz
169.23z
I get pretty offensive with minimal effort, don't I? :tooth
When I saw this thread I planned to just send Brieze a "I feel ya" rep lol #shouldhavedonethat

Damn straight you did. You're so mean and offensive. :24:

Creepy is a horrible word to use for a display of affection between a parent and their child imo

Seriously... I think you're going a little overboard on Carly. Creepy is a pretty standard term these days and not as serious as you make it out to be. It's kind of an American thing I suppose. So try and relax eh? Have a lovely day. :D

Niamh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Damn straight you did. You're so mean and offensive. :24:

Seriously... I think you're going a little overboard on Carly. Creepy is a pretty standard term these days and not as serious as you make it out to be. It's kind of an American thing I suppose. So try and relax eh? Have a lovely day. :D

Overboard? I'm just discussing the topic of this thread. I can assure you I'm perfectly relaxed though, thanks for your concern.

dancingpotato

Banned PER USER's Request
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'd say standing too close to me is creepy, but I don't assume they have sex with children or want to rape me. It's just that creepy feeling I get, like a personal boundary I probably acquired somewhere in life that others did not.

Not with kids but adults standing too close to me sends horrible shivers down my spine. I have personal space issues. I get unsettled by people standing too close.

brieze

Maulds' Angel
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I'd like to change the OP word creepy to awkward. Sorry Niamh.

From reading through, I'm getting the feeling it's a parent thing. Which makes sense. That's why I don't get it lol. And my family is more on the hugging side now that I think about it.

darkcgi

Glorified Maniac
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
when they were an toddler it was ok but I went to the check and forehead after that to weird for me
guess it just depends on how your were raised

nevinstarr

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I too find it a bit odd, for myself. I have no judgement for those parents that chose to kiss their children on the lips. I don't like it but, it's really none of my business. I don't kiss my little one on the lips and will discourage it as he gets older. But, I am not going to say "Ewww that's gross don't kiss mommy on the lips". I just plan to say that I like it better when he kisses me on the cheek, or the nose, or the forehead.
I really don't have a logical explanation as to why I don't like kids and parents kissing on the lips, I just don't. But as I said, it's really none of my business.

Peachdejour

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Kisses from a child are pure affection and love. There is nothing creepy about it because it is your child and there is nothing sexual. It depends on the family and how affection is shown. As kinds age, they tend to naturally gravitate towards the cheek because they become exposed to other kids family etc and see how other cultures express affection. Sometimes my daughter will peck me on the lips or she'll kiss my cheek, depends on her mood.

joshposh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
I use to kiss parent on the lips all the time when I was a toddler. But after a certain age I noticed my dad and grandfather stopped doing it. I think there was a certain age that I had reached and they just said to themselves, "this is getting creepy". So they stopped. My family was on the stricter side, so this attitude didn't surprise me.

Lushlala

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I guess it depends on what sort of relationship you have with your parents and siblings. I can see why some people would find it a little creepy, but it's completely normal to me. I kiss my mom, brother and sisters on the lips, but not may dad. I can assure you all, it's just an affectionate little peck, nothing creepy there or tongues rammed down anyone's throat LOL But that's only reserved to immediate family, not cousins etc

pafjlh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.29z
This is the way that it would seem that young kids want to be kissed. They want you to do it on lips, but when they get older of course they feel a whole lot different about it. I really have never given this subject much thought. For me I have found that most of the time when I kissed my parents after a certain age it was on the cheeek or the forehead and they did the same when the kissed me. As for kissing on the lips in some cultures its acceptable for a parent to do this, and I don't have issue with it, as longs as we are talking a peck kidss anything more then that could be showing way too much affection in my opinion, not that I have ever seen this, so this is probably why I never really thought about it till now.

HELLOnamesdana

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
It works for some, it creeps others out. Do whatever makes you and your child more comfortable, but don't get mad at others who are comfortable with it.

78,865Threads
2,185,213Messages
4,953Members
Back