Kissing your kids on the lips

Users who are viewing this thread

brieze

Maulds' Angel
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Am I the only one that finds it a little bit creepy? I don't mean to offend any mom's here that do it. I just, don't get why they can't go for the cheek or something. It's kind of unnerving to see a 5 year old locking lips with an adult.

Once again, I'm sorry if I offended anyone =/

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,377.70z
I've never thought about it. I kiss my mom on the lips all the time. :dunno I mean, it's a peck on the lips...I'm not ramming my tongue down her throat or anything, LOL

Francis

Sarcasm is me :)
Reaction score
Tokenz
2.08z
Am I the only one that finds it a little bit creepy? I don't mean to offend any mom's here that do it. I just, don't get why they can't go for the cheek or something. It's kind of unnerving to see a 5 year old locking lips with an adult.

Once again, I'm sorry if I offended anyone =/

I have to agree, it always creeped me out as well..

Minderella

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
It's weird for me, because it was never a thing when I was growing up. My mom and dad would always kiss the cheek or the forehead. Never on the lips.

Plus, kids are so slobbery.......

fuel1316

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
my toddler kisses me on the lips (a light peck) every night before bed. shes just now 3. i always thought it was creepy before i had kids and now its just common place for me.

its kind of like.. when a guy sucks on your boobs.. then you have kids and you nurse them. its not sexual. it used to be. it is with the right person. same with kissing. its not in a sexual manner.

besides that i have an aversion to kissing my kids foreheads :( i can not bring myself to do it ever ever again

Veronica

The OG
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
316.98z
fuel1316 said:
my toddler kisses me on the lips (a light peck) every night before bed. shes just now 3. i always thought it was creepy before i had kids and now its just common place for me.

its kind of like.. when a guy sucks on your boobs.. then you have kids and you nurse them. its not sexual. it used to be. it is with the right person. same with kissing. its not in a sexual manner.

besides that i have an aversion to kissing my kids foreheads :( i can not bring myself to do it ever ever again

With her.

Execpt for the forehead part

anathelia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
*shrug* My daughter goes for the lips, I'm not gonna dive out of the way and make her kisses go on the cheek instead. It's not like she's someone else's kid, or my brother or something. I think there's a distinct difference between a kiss as a sexual experience and a kiss as an expression of love.

To each their own, I suppose.

itsmeJonB

Reaction score
Tokenz
209.25z
my son kissed me on the lips til he was about 3 i just figured it was shitty aim
cheek kisses from now on though

dancingpotato

Banned PER USER's Request
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
If I ask my niece for a kiss, she will plant one of my lips, she is only 22 months though, so is at the open mouth kissing stage. If I kiss her, I tend to kiss her on the cheek, but that's cos she wriggles away lol. I don't see anything wrong with either, like the others have said there is a difference between an expression of love and an expression of sexual nature.

HK

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
Personally, when it comes to adults, I only kiss on the cheek unless it's in some way sexual.

I've had kids kiss me on the lips, when my friend's baby was young she would just open her mouth and lunge at your face :p but yeah... once they get to a certain age, kissing them on the lips feels wrong to me. Not like seriously bad, just a little off.

pinkporridge

V.I.Pinkporridge
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
not something i have ever really thought about. Im pretty sure i used to kiss my mum on the lips. Though i cant say i have kissed my mum recently. I doubt even on the cheek. Although im sure my bf still kisses his mother. never noticed if it is lips or cheek. I guess if it bothered me i would have noticed.

acctnt shan

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
When I was young, I kissed my parents on the lips. But again, it was a peck. And it stopped when I got to a certain age (don't really remember when).

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I'm an only child and haven't been around small children in about 10-15 years, so it is sometimes creepy to me when I see it.

Not so much with children under 3, but if I see a 7 year old kiss their parent on the lips I'm gonna feel a little awkward. Doesn't mean I think they're molesters or creeps, it's just odd to me because I wasn't raised that way. Not a big deal, but I understand what you're saying Bri.

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,392.55z
When my kids were very small a kiss on the lips was natural. As they got older like over 4 I no longer kissed them on the lips. I don't think I presently lip kiss anyone except my wife.

78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back