Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

HK

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
its kind of like.. when a guy sucks on your boobs.. then you have kids and you nurse them. its not sexual. it used to be. it is with the right person. same with kissing. its not in a sexual manner.

See what's weird is, I really get this - I have no problem thinking of my breasts as equally sexual things and as a way of feeding children. Doesn't bother me. But something about kissing on the lips does.

Probably just the way I was raised - my parents generally only kissed us on the cheek or forehead.

satinbutterfly

Miss Piggy
Reaction score
Tokenz
169.23z
I was brought up to kiss my parents, brothers and grandparents on the lips. Affection has always been a part of family life for me. I kiss on the cheek now, but I kiss my nephews on the lips. Just the way we are.

KLD1019

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
*shrug* My daughter goes for the lips, I'm not gonna dive out of the way and make her kisses go on the cheek instead. It's not like she's someone else's kid, or my brother or something. I think there's a distinct difference between a kiss as a sexual experience and a kiss as an expression of love.

To each their own, I suppose.
same here. Jace is 6 1/2 and still gives me pecks on the lips. sometimes on the cheek. i suppose it'll be a thing to be grown out of at some age and be cheek only. i dont recall when i started only kissing on the cheek with other family

rback33

Back Again... but reformed...
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
my toddler kisses me on the lips (a light peck) every night before bed. shes just now 3. i always thought it was creepy before i had kids and now its just common place for me.

its kind of like.. when a guy sucks on your boobs.. then you have kids and you nurse them. its not sexual. it used to be. it is with the right person. same with kissing. its not in a sexual manner.

besides that i have an aversion to kissing my kids foreheads :( i can not bring myself to do it ever ever again

With her.

Execpt for the forehead part

Yup... I thought it was weird too until I had kids... my parents were never big kissers as I recall.... Hannah is 9 now and still kisses me on the lips... just a little peck... Mason get kisses on the forehead from me but kisses his mom's lips...

Niamh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I think it's wrong to say it's creepy, that suggests that something sinister is going on, which is horrible if you're that childs parent

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I think it's wrong to say it's creepy, that suggests that something sinister is going on, which is horrible if you're that childs parent

I don't think it has to suggest something sinister, I know I don't assume something sinister. It's just uncomfortable for me sometimes, the same way I get if a person stands too close to me when they talk. I don't condemn them or think they're wrong, it's just not my personal style.

Niamh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I don't think it has to suggest something sinister, I know I don't assume something sinister. It's just uncomfortable for me sometimes, the same way I get if a person stands too close to me when they talk. I don't condemn them or think they're wrong, it's just not my personal style.

It's just the word creepy that suggests that to me

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
It's just the word creepy that suggests that to me

I'd say standing too close to me is creepy, but I don't assume they have sex with children or want to rape me. It's just that creepy feeling I get, like a personal boundary I probably acquired somewhere in life that others did not.

Niamh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'd say standing too close to me is creepy, but I don't assume they have sex with children or want to rape me. It's just that creepy feeling I get, like a personal boundary I probably acquired somewhere in life that others did not.

But would you call a child standing close to you creepy?

Darrell

Banned per User's Request
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've never really thought about it. My Mom still tries to kiss me on the lips, and I'm 29. It's always been a peck on the lips from her and my Nanny's. What's the big deal? :dunno

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
But would you call a child standing close to you creepy?

YES I would lol, my boyfriend gets texts from me about this often actually. When I wait in line at the grocery store and a kid wanders too close to me, I get the creeps. Just like I do when adults do it, almost worse because they get even closer haha.

I don't think it's wrong or bad, what they're doing, it just gives me a creeped out feeling. It's my personal boundary thing.

Niamh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
YES I would lol, my boyfriend gets texts from me about this often actually. When I wait in line at the grocery store and a kid wanders too close to me, I get the creeps. Just like I do when adults do it, almost worse because they get even closer haha.

I don't think it's wrong or bad, what they're doing, it just gives me a creeped out feeling. It's my personal boundary thing.

But saying that's different to saying you find it creepy if a mother kisses her child on the lips though.

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
But saying that's different to saying you find it creepy if a mother kisses her child on the lips though.

Not sure what you mean, both things (humans standing in my personal bubble and children and adults lip kissing) give me a creeped out feeling, so I call those things creepy.

In neither case do I assume bad things of the people involved, or seek to demean them. If you don't like the word creepy I'm sorry, I'm open to using different vocabulary to soften the offensive nature of my meaningless personal opinion on a meaningless issue :p because it's not my intent to offend.

satinbutterfly

Miss Piggy
Reaction score
Tokenz
169.23z
Not sure what you mean, both things (humans standing in my personal bubble and children and adults lip kissing) give me a creeped out feeling, so I call those things creepy.

In neither case do I assume bad things of the people involved, or seek to demean them. If you don't like the word creepy I'm sorry, I'm open to using different vocabulary to soften the offensive nature of my meaningless personal opinion on a meaningless issue :p because it's not my intent to offend.

:24:

I'm so offended you think I'm creepy. :p

Niamh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

Creepy is a horrible word to use for a display of affection between a parent and their child imo

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
How about discomfort inducing? Or awkward? I actually think awkward better describes those scenarios for me, better.

78,865Threads
2,185,213Messages
4,953Members
Back