Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

MsPoppy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
My concerns would be along the lines of some who think of how it would effect children that were of mixed race if it were to come to childbearing and rearing. The factors for that would depend on where they lived, and if they were in a more or less tolerant environment, and of course their maturity level in considering this from the onset and handling repercussions.
If cultural stuff comes into play, that is another concern, and not just for my own kid, but for the other too, as both have a struggle and compromise with that. Also, I don't worry about my girl child getting sucked into male dominance cultural stuff...it just won't happen, she is too independant. Experiencing a stint with it some years ago, she overcame it, got out of the relationship, and confronted the jerk when he stalked and threatened her. Being someone that learns from her mishaps, she regauged her antennae to more resilient guys that weren't as emotionally tied in to this behaviour. It was hard for me to stand back and let her make her own moves, but she did well. I wanted to kill the jerk.
Anyway, back to the original question of race...no, I have no qualms as long as they own their individuality, don't have knock down drag out spraws where one difference overcomes and squelches another, and as long as respect goes both ways. In many aspects is like any other relationship except they will take on the burden of others attitudes and tolerances as well as their own. Family included.

Last edited by a moderator:

AstriaPorta

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,098.37z
I Have no problem skin colour does not make the person ..
if my son ever later get married i don't care if she is black yellow blue green lol
mostly i will care to find someone that are good together ... and can solve any problems may have... and be able to communicate and be happy

but i think that cultural differences it is a little problem when both are extreme ... example religions .. all can be solved but have to be some sacrifice from both parties .. dating and been married not the problem a lot .. but when you want kids it is how you want them to grow up .. stuff like that if can be solved and both happy this can be ok too

NuckingFuts

One of the originals
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
395.93z
I don't do it myself. But if my son brought home someone of a different race. I would be happy, as long as she makes him happy.

skyblue

KEEP THE FAITH
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.34z
I don't get it either, Mercury. I've even talked to my mom about it before. But we're talking about someone who grew up in a generation where she didn't attend school w/ black kids until her senior year. I will say that my mom does not discriminate based on race, sexual preference, etc....but she DOES have that mindset of "I just don't want my kids dating _____________." Fill in the blank, LOL

different generation natasha,as each generation grows they become more tolerant...except jamaicans,they'll be flying the swastika before long

itsmeJonB

Reaction score
Tokenz
209.25z
I'm half white half mexican
Jewish on my dad's side
My girlfriends black
If we ever have a kid together there's no way he or she's dating that's anyone but a pure quarter mexican quarter white half black... jew.
Cause I believe in racial purity

Leananshee

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Yes, well, at least anthropologically speaking, you'd be OK to do people from India and the Middle East, who are Caucasian (which is not synonymous with white, BTW).

Anthropology is the only scientific discipline that actually addresses race, and the only four are Veddoid (SE Asian) Mongoloid (China, Mongolia, etc) Caucasoid (Caucasus Mountain region of Asia) and Negroid (Africa/Australia). Biologists and geneticists are apparently of the opinion that it's all pink on the inside.

Which has been my opinion. They all feel about the same to me. Mom did not approve of me associating with several groups, let alone date them, but call it a generational gap.

Dana

In Memoriam - RIP
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
I'm half white half mexican
Jewish on my dad's side
My girlfriends black
If we ever have a kid together there's no way he or she's dating that's anyone but a pure quarter mexican quarter white half black... jew.
Cause I believe in racial purity
:24::24:

Djedefre

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm Asian, but I've never dated an Asian guy. My current boyfriend's white, and all my exes were white (one was half white, half Mexican). Several of my aunts married white guys, and my stepdad's Mexican. My family doesn't mind the difference in race, so long as they're not a darker race. >.> My uncle's been with this Guyanese lady for maybe 15 years or so, and my aunts will say Burmese words for black people behind her back. It sucks cause she's really nice. I don't really know why, but Asian people generally do not like black people. *shrug*

78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back