Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Dana

In Memoriam - RIP
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
I think race shouldn't matter and doesn't matter to me. I'd of got up and left the table/establishment. Love is colorblind.

AnitaBeer

I kissed a leprechaun...
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've always thought that it wouldn't bother me if my kids want to date someone of a different race, which is the way it should be right?
However, I really don't know til it happens because I can't even see myself dating someone of another race.
All that matters is that they will be happy.

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,392.55z
My perspective has changed over the years. When I was young I think I would have been mortified had my white children decided to date someone of color. As I have grown older I believe cultural differences create more issues than the color of someone's skin. If my children find someone who makes them happy and they believe alike and share their passions but are a different race I am going to accept them into my family. This from someone who has spent his entire life in Alabama. We know about racial disharmony.

Jezzebelle

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
My son has always been colorblind when it comes to other kids. Since he was little he has always had a rainbow of friends, and most of his best friends have been Indian. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he dated outside his race, and nor would it bother me. I would just like for both our families to get along well, so I would hope that if it did happen her family would also not have a problem with it.

As far as myself... I would have dated outside my race, I did have one date with a latino guy, puerto rican... I think? But, I'm like the others I've just never been drawn to other races much.

pjbleek

Reaction score
Tokenz
795.15z
in dating an African American for the better part of a year I had no qualms about us being together and got no static from friends and family.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,377.70z
I couldn't care less if any of my kids want to date someone of another race. All I care about is that the person makes them happy and treats them right.

This is exactly how I feel. I personally am not usually attracted to Black men or Asian men, but I don't automatically rule out dating Asian or Black men. I'm also not attracted to females...again, I don't automatically rule out dating one.

I believe that when you fall in love you do so w/o regards to race, religion, sex, etc. Who's to say that one day I won't meet someone I consider my soulmate and they just so happen to be a Black or Asian female, LOL

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,377.70z
I will say, however, that my mom is 62 and has lived in the South all her life. I know that she would accept whoever I dated as long as they treated me well, but she has admitted she would rather me bring home a woman than a black man.

Mercury

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Yeah ... I don't get that state of mind.

"Oh, I hope my child doesn't end up with someone from another race!?"

Every Human on earth share the same color of blood ... it just various by temperature ....

It is ALL about the individual ... who they are ... how they act ... and so forth.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,377.70z
I don't get it either, Mercury. I've even talked to my mom about it before. But we're talking about someone who grew up in a generation where she didn't attend school w/ black kids until her senior year. I will say that my mom does not discriminate based on race, sexual preference, etc....but she DOES have that mindset of "I just don't want my kids dating _____________." Fill in the blank, LOL

Mercury

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I don't get it either, Mercury. I've even talked to my mom about it before. But we're talking about someone who grew up in a generation where she didn't attend school w/ black kids until her senior year. I will say that my mom does not discriminate based on race, sexual preference, etc....but she DOES have that mindset of "I just don't want my kids dating _____________." Fill in the blank, LOL

Yeah ... it is probably just built into her persona which happens. I have plenty of relatives who I know have the same kind of thinking.

teh_fuzz

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Tokenz
124.51z
My wife is white, I am Mexican, my daughters are for all intents and purposes white, their skin is fair, and both of them have blue eyes.
One has blondish hair, the other one has dark hair like me

as fart as what I would like for them to bring home as their significant other:
I would be more concerned over their attitude and how they treated my girls over the color of their skin, unless it was of the darker hues - that will just not fly in my house, NOT AT ALL.

Why?
Because of personal beliefs and reasons which i would rather not divulge in this thread :D

78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back