Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Peter Parka

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Pretty much most people are capable of changing. "A leopard never changes his spots" is one of the dumbest sayings ever.

Racks

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Cheating is impulsive, It's reckless.
I've been in relationship with a girl which i was mad about, in love with and would never cheat on.
I've also been out with girls who I never loved and if the opportunity presented itself I may have well have "cheated".

Eagle Snatch

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I think it depends on the situation that lead to the cheating. I've known guys who have cheated on their girlfriends because they were unhappy in their relationships, and then seen them go on to have totally monogamous marriages with someone different.

And I've known guys who just cheat and always will.

So there's my on the fence answer.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,377.70z
I think it depends on the situation that lead to the cheating. I've known guys who have cheated on their girlfriends because they were unhappy in their relationships, and then seen them go on to have totally monogamous marriages with someone different.

And I've known guys who just cheat and always will.

So there's my on the fence answer.

I realize how this is going to make me sound, but........

I've been the "other woman" w/ a guy who was married...and again while he had a girlfriend. I wasn't the first and I doubt I'll be the last. When he got w/ this current girlfriend he said that when he cheated before he felt pressured by his 2 bestfriends b/c they both were cheaters (bullshit!!!). He didn't have that excuse this time around...maybe that's why he felt guilty this time. :dunno

Eagle Snatch

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I realize how this is going to make me sound, but........

I've been the "other woman" w/ a guy who was married...and again while he had a girlfriend. I wasn't the first and I doubt I'll be the last. When he got w/ this current girlfriend he said that when he cheated before he felt pressured by his 2 bestfriends b/c they both were cheaters (bullshit!!!). He didn't have that excuse this time around...maybe that's why he felt guilty this time. :dunno

Doesn't really make you sound like anything but human.

I admit I have also been the "other" before. I won't do that again (primarily because I'm now married) because I think a lot of times we as humans don't think of the ramifications a lot of our actions have. Had I known what impact those actions would have had on the woman and her husbands lives, and ultimately on my own life as well (both in a very real and in a very philosophical sense) I'd have made some different decisions. Then again...there are those who are just cheaters and always will be, but I think the primary difference is that some people cheat because they are genuinely unhappy, and some do so because they are selfish. And I don't even really mean "selfish" as an insult, it's just how some of us are.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,377.70z
Doesn't really make you sound like anything but human.

I admit I have also been the "other" before. I won't do that again (primarily because I'm now married) because I think a lot of times we as humans don't think of the ramifications a lot of our actions have. Had I known what impact those actions would have had on the woman and her husbands lives, and ultimately on my own life as well (both in a very real and in a very philosophical sense) I'd have made some different decisions. Then again...there are those who are just cheaters and alwit'sys will be, but I think the primary difference is that some people cheat because they are genuinely unhappy, and some do so because they are selfish. And I don't even really mean "selfish" as an insult, it's just how some of us are.

Thanks. ;) I resolved not too long ago that I wasn't going to be anybody's second best anymore.

BleedingBull

Banned, by user's request!
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I think people can change sure, havent we all made mistakes even if its not as low as cheating. That said though I wouldnt stay with someone that did, trust would be gone forever and what they did behind my back would fester inside my head till one day I suffocated them with my pillow.... lol bit dramatic maybe ... but you get my drift. ;) :D

Weebs

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I think we want to believe that they could change. That's how we'd be so easily fooled. Chances are if you got wind of something today, they'd be twice as hard to catch tommarow.

I think the real question would be... are you prepared to go forward with a partner that has already betrayed you. I can tell you that it hurts like hell.

dancingpotato

Banned PER USER's Request
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
If someone cheated on me, regardless of the circumstances, the relationship would be over. I would never trust that person again. I would always wonder where he was, what he was doing and that is not my usual attitude. If I cheated, I would not expect to be forgiven and if the relationship was good enough for me to be in, I would not want to cheat in the first place.

Radley

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I think only If a person finds someone they are happy with, then they wont feel the need to go else where but if they cheat on you, they will do it again!

MainerMikeBrown

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.24z
If a girlfriend cheated on me, I'd never be able to trust her again even if she did change her ways. Hence, the relationship would not work out at that point.

robdawg1

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
If you cheat, then you don't love the one you are with enough to respect them and place them first. when that happens it is game over, sorry!

princysharma90

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
If you are asking about whether that person will change or not then it really depends on the situation and person. Some people even change and some remains the same. But for me, it does not matter for me whether he/she change or not, as I could never ever trust that person again.

NoDak

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I think they can change. I have a friend who is married. His wife wasn't much good at being there for him, emotionally, and he found solace in talking with other women. One of these turned into a full-fledged cheating situation. He got caught. They went to counseling where he was able to let it out to his wife that he needed her in more ways than just sexually. She saw the light and they began rebuilding their marriage. Seven years later, all's well! They still have hills to climb, but they're moving forward.
Short answer, depends on the situation!

n00ne

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
To be honest... it all depends on the person and their attitude.

Some people might change, while others continue to stay the same way...

It all really depends on who is willing to have a heart, and who is willing to stay cold-hearted.

A large majority of males that cheat will continue to cheat
A average majority of females that cheat will continue to cheat

That's pretty much what I figure from all the people I've met, or all the cheaters I've seen...

78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back