Autism Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Peter Parka

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Do you think it's possible for autistic people to have a normal, healthy relationship, even if they do have a disability? I mean, like, a romantic relationship, even marriage. Or do you think it may not be quite as worth it because the disability may get in the way?
I have aspergers syndrome and been happily married for 6 years so the answer is yes. No one's perfect and most people are screwed up in one way or another anyway.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

lumpenstein

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I have aspergers syndrome and been happily married for 6 years so the answer is yes. No one's perfect and most people are screwed up in one way or another anyway.
Fuck dude! I must have it too! I read your post and all I could think of was "What the fuck is Apsaragus syndrome? Is it like an allergy to green veggies or something!? :eek

I think I'm just dyslestic! :(

Alien Allen

Froggy the Prick
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,206.36z
Fuck dude! I must have it too! I read your post and all I could think of was "What the fuck is Apsaragus syndrome? Is it like an allergy to green veggies or something!? :eek

I think I'm just dyslestic! :(
That was pretty cold Jim ;)

I give tons of credit to parents of those with autism. The person who is making light of it is just trying to jerk peoples chains and is not worthy of a response. He is so ignorant it sickens if you take him seriously. But he is just trolling looking for responses.

lumpenstein

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
That was pretty cold Jim ;)

I give tons of credit to parents of those with autism. The person who is making light of it is just trying to jerk peoples chains and is not worthy of a response. He is so ignorant it sickens if you take him seriously. But he is just trolling looking for responses.

You've missed my posts in other threads concerning this issue. My friend has a severly autistic child, now 28, and still the character of a child. There was nothing cold about my post. My friend, our friends and relatives have learned to deal with it and not to be too morbid about it.

There was no offence intended.

Alien Allen

Froggy the Prick
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,206.36z
You've missed my posts in other threads concerning this issue. My friend has a severly autistic child, now 28, and still the character of a child. There was nothing cold about my post. My friend, our friends and relatives have learned to deal with it and not to be too morbid about it.

There was no offence intended.
Sorry about that

I took it differently than you intended

I am fortunate to not have to deal with a loved one with autism but it is plain as day that it is no picnic in the park for those that have to be the caretakers.

I don't think one can really quantify what ailment, disease, affliction or whatever is worse..

lumpenstein

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Sorry about that

I took it differently than you intended

I am fortunate to not have to deal with a loved one with autism but it is plain as day that it is no picnic in the park for those that have to be the caretakers.

I don't think one can really quantify what ailment, disease, affliction or whatever is worse..

It's OK. There is a condition where something can affect people som much they engage something in the literary and visual arts called "comic relief". We all need relief or we would go nuts! :)

Veronica

The OG
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
316.98z
I agree, we all need to laugh sometimes to get through the days.. Last night was a BAD night for my household.. austin was off the chain all night long!!

Sneakiecat

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm now have a one year old in my class that may be autistic (he's being evaluated for a number of things). I keep hoping that something we do during the day will be meaningful for him. The only thing he currently responds to is bubbles. His mom is awesome though. She came in at lunch time for the first few days to get him used to it and to help us figure out the best way to approach meal times with him. She's very honest about what he can and can't do. It's been a struggle to have him with the seven other kids we have in the class but it makes it much more special when we se him try to pop the bubbles or start paying attention to different toys.

Mystic

OTz's Typo Scouser
Reaction score
Tokenz
117.19z
I'd like to know why more children are being diagnosed with this then ever before....is it because we have better diagnostics or is it because our environment is creating more children with these issues.

I'm going through a tough time with my own own son right now...I've paid out loads of money now to actually find something wrong with him so I can say ok hes acting like this because he has this.... I'm wondering if its a separate test that perhaps they have yet to do on him...because he does things and doesn't even think of the consequences. and he is so overly sensitive.... it drives me nuts at times.

Sneakiecat

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'd like to know why more children are being diagnosed with this then ever before....is it because we have better diagnostics or is it because our environment is creating more children with these issues.

I know in the past, a lot of people who were autisic were labled as mentally retarded. I think a big push came in the late 70s/early 80s when the Individuals with Disability Education Act was passed and people realized that a proper diagnosis is the only way to help somebody.

Peter Parka

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
There was no diagnosis when I was a kid growing up, I was always just a bit weird, found it hard to cope with life, rebelled a lot and ended up with zero self confidence and a lot of trouble seeing that I found violence the only way to get myself respected. Wish I could have found about this years ago!:nod:

Fox Mulder

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
you sure about that ;)

Check the time stamp

Last time I looked that would be Thursday when he posted.

not sure of his time zone but frankly I don't give a shit because below is MY proof. :D

Uhhh--I think you misinterpreted Lumpy's comment--He said it "Redneck Friday" meaning the "Friday" theme was Redneck. It didn't mean that it was actually Friday when he posted--often people will put the Avitar up as soon as its decided! ;)

But he does have a good point--all you need to do is take a picture of yourself!!! :D

78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back