Apple Watch

Users who are viewing this thread

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
You will soon have the phapple....do they have a way to transfer your texts from old phone to new phone ...might want to research that if you want to save em.
You know with this bend issue going on..we really dont know much about the rest of the phone...I would be interested in if there are any more problems going on with it..The bend issue is fine..if its digging into your pelvis. ..it could bend lol ..I would be interested in drops which the iphones did fairly well on..but this is larger and may be more easily damaged...also battery life..and are the displays still bright in daylight like prior iphones...how about reception?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
It turns out the Apple 6 plus is almost as big as the Samsung mega..with the Samsung Mega being a scant 9mm longer {about a third of an inch}..Apple however did not utilize the space for screen...giving us a "mega"phone without the screen to go with it.
So essentially we have a mega phone without the mega screen...whats the point..turns out the screen is a 5.5 inch..which is respectable by all means..its just stuffed in a mega body.
My position has changed...it would be a deal breaker for me..I would not pack around a mega unless it had the screen to go with it..I dont see the point of getting a midsize car and putting three foot long bumpers on it then calling it a full size car..its simply dishonest.
I already have a mega phone..the size of it hampers the ease of portability..but I am willing to accept that due to the large screen....there is no way I would have got it if it did not have the large screen to match the body.. I would have picked a smaller phone to match its screen size.
The 6 plus is going to be awkward due to its size but does not have the screen size to justify the burden.:(

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
mega is a shit load cheaper than a 6+
For sure...the specs are decent too but not like a high end note3 for instance..but I still have a gig and a half of ram and a dual core processor. .clocked at 1.8 I believe.
The hardware is good for the price on the mega though.
My second choice was the note three..which still has plenty of screen with little wasted chassis space...but I took the mega for screen size.
It was a tough decision...as the notes are very nice phones by any standard..the mega won due to screen size and half the price...the price scared me on the mega at first but then I just figured the specs arent bad...just a year behind is all.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,387.70z
I got my case in the mail the other day so I've been trying to get a feel for how big the phone is. The size doesn't bother me, but it is much larger than I'm used to. I've said it before, screen size isn't a huge draw for me. Neither is camera quality. I do think the camera on my Android was much better, for the record. I don't remember feeling like there was a lot of wasted space when I went to Best Buy to play with the 6+.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,387.70z
Finally received my phone today. It didn't have a full charge when I got it, of course, and it's only been plugged in long enough to back up my previous phone to it. Of course I've been playing on it all day and my battery is currently at 47% (it got up to 74%, I believe, while plugged up).

So far I like it, but I'm trying to adjust to texting on such a large phone. I assume what you meant earlier is that you want the screen to be the full size of the phone? There's maybe 1/4 inch on each end that doesn't have screen...I actually like that. The phone is way faster, of course, than my 4 and I've been trying to get Siri to say "kitty" correctly for quite some time, but she is stubborn as fuck.

And the best part??? The backup transferred all my texts over! Yay!!!

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,387.70z
Bright screen in the daylight like prior iphones?
Huh? Are there idiots out there that don't know how to set their screen correctly? There's an auto brightness option on the iPhone. As far as I can remember, it's always been there. *shrugs*

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,387.70z
One thing I have noticed, though, is that sometimes I can check off a bunch of texts and the trash can won't show up for me to delete them. *shrugs* I assume it's a software bug. My text messaging was freezing up for a few days, but it seems to have been a problem with the Swype app, not the iPhone itself. I deleted the app and, sure enough, it works fine now.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Huh? Are there idiots out there that don't know how to set their screen correctly? There's an auto brightness option on the iPhone. As far as I can remember, it's always been there. *shrugs*
A bright screen in the daylight is good..apple always had a good screen for outdoors compared to many phones...thats why I am asking..did they tone down brightness any on the new phone as an effort to extend battery life

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,387.70z
A bright screen in the daylight is good..apple always had a good screen for outdoors compared to many phones...thats why I am asking..did they tone down brightness any on the new phone as an effort to extend battery life
LMFAO Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. I totally read that the other way. It's still the same, you can turn on auto brightness or you can adjust it yourself. I've got mine set on auto.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
LMFAO Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. I totally read that the other way. It's still the same, you can turn on auto brightness or you can adjust it yourself. I've got mine set on auto.
Can you see the screen while out in the sun?...without having to put the phone in a shadow?...granted none of them work real good in daylight but some phone are not usable. .apples were usable in this area..that and held up decent if you dropped it are some reasons why farmers and people in construction choose them

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,387.70z
Can you see the screen while out in the sun?...without having to put the phone in a shadow?...granted none of them work real good in daylight but some phone are not usable. .apples were usable in this area..that and held up decent if you dropped it are some reasons why farmers and people in construction choose them
Hon, I have nooooo idea. You forget, I don't like being awake during the daylight. LOL

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,387.70z
For the record, I was held over on dayshift today, so I did finally get to see my phone in the sun. Yep, screen is perfectly fine, even with a huge solar glare.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back