Apple Watch

Users who are viewing this thread

Patch

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
The 6+, but yes.

Overblown. 9 reports of this issue. 10 million sold. I also don't keep my phone in my pocket except maybe to walk from my car to wherever I'm going. And I always keep an Otterbox or comparable case on it.

I wished we had a "Liked Post" Button Natasha you are right only a few reports of it. I don't think that should steer anyone away from the iPhone if that is what they want.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,387.70z
I wished we had a "Liked Post" Button Natasha you are right only a few reports of it. I don't think that should steer anyone away from the iPhone if that is what they want.
We do have that button, LOL Bottom right corner there's a row of little icons...the thumbs up is a "like." ;)

I agree with you. I think as long as you take decent care of your phone, you don't have to worry about the bend issue. The first report of it the guy said he had it in his pocket for 18 hours while sitting, dancing, etc. I'll have to see if I can find the link, but a new bend test was done with multiple phones and there were 2 that bent under less pressure. I remember that one was the HTC one M8.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
You have to be careful with all larger phones...keep the glass towards your body while in pocket...due to walking into something..will bust that big ass screen unless there is some new shit out.....do not drop when removed from pocket.
But no that big iphone will not take the abuse of the smaller iphones..just like the large phone I have now is is not as durable as my prior phone and so on.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Well there does appear to be a case of the bends in the front pocket..much more than apple acknowledges.
http://www.businessinsider.com/photos-of-bent-iphone-6s-2014-9

They do appear to still work after being moderately bent though...it wouldnt be a deal breaker for me..just have to work around its weakness...it appears as if these laboratory bend tests are not putting the pressure where it needs to be.
With a tall phone in your front pocket the phone can stick up higher than where your leg bends...essentially trying to wad it up when you sit down..these phones are bending where the volume buttons are and not the middle of the phone...it appears as it they relied on the frame for strength rather than "boxing" with the internal components.
Well lets see..a thin piece of curved aluminum with holes in the side....we call it trim lol..not a frame.
Mines plastic..all the strength comes from the inside..same with the Motorola I had prior..the frame I mean trim was like the new iphones.
Iphones have always been known for being durable..the shape and small size gave it durability..its still probably a decent phone but a blunder..IMO someone knew of the issue..but they rolled with it anyway...perhaps as an effort to catch up in the smart phone area with screen size.
As a side note..I kinda hope they cant fix it.
Why..cause they are some sue happy cock suckers...if they want to add strength they are going to have to use the designs of others....The fact they already made a weak phone shows that design changes will be due to failure...they should have just copied from the start then claimed similarities are due to assembly processes and not engineering in regard to strength.
Your day is coming Apple..I will be glad when it gets splatted all over the place.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,387.70z
This will be the largest phone I've ever owned, for sure. I'm still iffy on whether I want the 6+ or if I should trade down to the 6. I'm going to play around with it for a few days when I get it and see how I like it.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Depends on what you use it for,,,if you use it for a phone then its pretty big..but if you are going to surf with it you will like the size...keys will be alot easier to hit while typing too

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,387.70z
Depends on what you use it for,,,if you use it for a phone then its pretty big..but if you are going to surf with it you will like the size...keys will be alot easier to hit while typing too
I don't use my phone for actually talking on very much. I mean, I call my mom on my way to work, but that's it. Typically it's texting and browsing. The smaller screen and keyboard on my iPhone 4 haven't bothered me, really, so I hope this won't be too big for me. We shall see!

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
I don't use my phone for actually talking on very much. I mean, I call my mom on my way to work, but that's it. Typically it's texting and browsing. The smaller screen and keyboard on my iPhone 4 haven't bothered me, really, so I hope this won't be too big for me. We shall see!
I dont talk on mine that much either...seems like everyone has went to texting..so I had to start texting as well..As far as just a phone..my little lg flip phone was perfect.
In the smart phones I had a 4 inch for about a week..then went to 4.3..the 4 inch had issues so I did a swap..the 4.3 inch screen was much easier to use than the 4 ..and now the 6.3...browsing is so much better..also with some apps where you cant zoom fonts can be small..the 6.3 took care of that.
Your new phone will be harder to get in and out of your pocket..harder to use one handed..but after that its all good...plus I dont think people will laugh at the size of your new phapple..if they do screw em..in a few months they will get one too anyway.
Also..it will be big enough to be a useful navigator...if you are like me and want to have it navigate you to a restaurant or what have you...I think you will be happy with it unless you are a one handed texter then it will be a little to large for you.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,387.70z
I dont talk on mine that much either...seems like everyone has went to texting..so I had to start texting as well..As far as just a phone..my little lg flip phone was perfect.
In the smart phones I had a 4 inch for about a week..then went to 4.3..the 4 inch had issues so I did a swap..the 4.3 inch screen was much easier to use than the 4 ..and now the 6.3...browsing is so much better..also with some apps where you cant zoom fonts can be small..the 6.3 took care of that.
Your new phone will be harder to get in and out of your pocket..harder to use one handed..but after that its all good...plus I dont think people will laugh at the size of your new phapple..if they do screw em..in a few months they will get one too anyway.
Also..it will be big enough to be a useful navigator...if you are like me and want to have it navigate you to a restaurant or what have you...I think you will be happy with it unless you are a one handed texter then it will be a little to large for you.
Thanks for the input! I rarely use my phone for navigation unless I'm on foot. I have GPS in my vehicle. I'm not a one-handed texter, either. Hmm, I'm thinking I'm going to like my new phone. Only 27 more days until it ships, LMFAO

Patch

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Texting I think was the hardest thing to understand and get used to. Now I don't use my phone much either. I do though use Siri for my texting though as I hate to type everything out one handed

Patch

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
We do have that button, LOL Bottom right corner there's a row of little icons...the thumbs up is a "like." ;)

Aww it is not there unless you hover over it. Interesting. Thanx much Natasha
like.jpg

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Texting I think was the hardest thing to understand and get used to. Now I don't use my phone much either. I do though use Siri for my texting though as I hate to type everything out one handed
Texting is not my favorite either..after a few texts I tell em to just call..."Text message"...not "Text conversation"

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,387.70z
Texting is not my favorite either..after a few texts I tell em to just call..."Text message"...not "Text conversation"
Oh hell, texting is my lifeblood! LOL I can't believe I still have 6 GB free on my iPhone 4...I haven't deleted a single text since the day I got it (August 28, 2012).

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back