Apple Watch

Users who are viewing this thread

powerpoint2

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Hello together,

what do you all think about the new Apple watch? do you like it? do you think it will be a succes for apple?

In my opinion it will be a big succes again as the ipod and the ipad. I think it is not really a revolutionary product, but again it is just a nice design and quality. So in regard to this many people will buy it.

Waiting for your opinions.

Cheers.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,402.55z
The rest of the story.... My family and I were in Birmingham for the day. There is a very nice shopping center with some really good restaurants. We had lunch and decided to walk around and look at the stores. There is an Apple store in this shopping center. My children are quite enamored with shiny new technology so we went inside. I am a middle aged male so I probably don't fit the stereotype of the typical customer but I am looking around at all the gadgetry. Suddenly I am nudged to one side by one of the employees who said, "YOU are in my way." This was embarrassing as well as being rude. Everyone in the store heard him and looked in my direction. I turned around and said, "It will not happen again." I left immediately. I will not buy any apple product. Unknown to the turd employee there is not anything in his store I could not purchased had I desired it.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
I have a low tolerance of assholes.
I had an error here when I hit quote. .I hit the bad spelling rating thing and had to undo it.
Anyway I am not an apple fan either...they sued Samsung for phone shape ..lets face it they have to build around the screen and are going to be rectangle.
now apple has the watch...Samsung done been there and done that..who is copying who..apple is very sue happy and slows down technology and causes items to be much more expensive that they should be..they are merely patent trolls.

porterjack

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
The rest of the story.... My family and I were in Birmingham for the day. There is a very nice shopping center with some really good restaurants. We had lunch and decided to walk around and look at the stores. There is an Apple store in this shopping center. My children are quite enamored with shiny new technology so we went inside. I am a middle aged male so I probably don't fit the stereotype of the typical customer but I am looking around at all the gadgetry. Suddenly I am nudged to one side by one of the employees who said, "YOU are in my way." This was embarrassing as well as being rude. Everyone in the store heard him and looked in my direction. I turned around and said, "It will not happen again." I left immediately. I will not buy any apple product. Unknown to the turd employee there is not anything in his store I could not purchased had I desired it.
probably a Bama fan

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,060.46z
Not much of an apple fan myself. Seems like they want to get into the technology after their competitors got into it. Nonetheless, who am I to judge :p Every company copies off the others no matter who they are. No innovation these days.

powerpoint2

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Yes I am totally with you guys. I am from germany and here in the stores it is the same situation. Nevertheless I think there will be a lot of people who are going to purchase the new watch and of course the "new" iPhone.

In my opinion the strongest force of apple is its marketing and the way how they make the media reporting aboout them. Even my very old grandma knows about the new products...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...-smartphones-top-4-million-in-pre-orders.html

Last edited by a moderator:

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Yes I am totally with you guys. I am from germany and here in the stores it is the same situation. Nevertheless I think there will be a lot of people who are going to purchase the new watch and of course the "new" iPhone.

In my opinion the strongest force of apple is its marketing and the way how they make the media reporting aboout them. Even my very old grandma knows about the new products...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...-smartphones-top-4-million-in-pre-orders.html
Good link.
I like how the i6 will have a 5.5 inch screen....but hasnt apple always told us we don't need screens larger than 4 inches...just goes to show it was an excuse for them falling behind...I will not own an apple unless I am forced to.

darkcgi

Glorified Maniac
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
as much as I despise Apple, their new watch is freaking awesome!
but don't get too happy with it there are several other models out that are not as good
but there are some new models coming that are equal
existing that I know of are these models:
Sony Smartwatch 2 --- Coming soon Smartwatch 3
LG G Watch
Samsung Gear 2 with camera and Gear 2 Neo without --- Coming soon Samsung Gear S (this model
will feature more than the iwatch, for instance it is a phone by its self and you can receive cell service on it
so it can make and receive call and get on the net without actually having a phone)
--- the samsung gear watch have IR so you can use it as a remote for your TVs and stuff.
only con that I know about Samsung is you cannot synch the watchs with any phone except Samsung phones
coming soon Motorola MOTO 360 has the only round screen probably a good watch but just because the round screen
to me it limits visibility a lot

darkcgi

Glorified Maniac
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
Not much of an apple fan myself. Seems like they want to get into the technology after their competitors got into it. Nonetheless, who am I to judge :p Every company copies off the others no matter who they are. No innovation these days.

Yes there have been watches out there for a while that do the same thing their new watch does.
Samsung is about to beat this watch just after it came out.

Don't forget you have to have an iphone to use most of the watches' features.

I could list for days what an android phone can do that an iphone cannot

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,387.70z
Good link.
I like how the i6 will have a 5.5 inch screen....but hasnt apple always told us we don't need screens larger than 4 inches...just goes to show it was an excuse for them falling behind...I will not own an apple unless I am forced to.
The iPhone 6 has a 4.7 inch screen. The iPhone 6 plus has the 5.5 inch screen. I was honestly so worried that it would be too big for me (tee hee) that I just went to Best Buy to play around with the phone and see. It's going to take some getting used to, but I like the feel of it. I just wish I didn't have to wait a month for it to arrive!

Everybody has their personal preferences and, although I kind of feel like iPhones are for the older generation now, I far prefer it to the Android phones I've seen and owned. My iPhone 4 is just over 2 years old and it works perfect. I have dropped more times than I can count and it still looks brand new. I paid $99 for it in August of 2012 and Verizon is giving me $200 for it in trade for my iPhone 6 plus.

And, for the record, I have stepped foot in an Apple store exactly once...because my niece and nephew wanted to go inside. I would never purchase the phone directly from them and pay full price when I can purchase it through Best Buy or Verizon with a new 2 year contract and get it much cheaper.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back