Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Minor Axis

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I have seen far more immoral acts by "Christians" than by "Atheists". As far back as one can look, it's been the Christians who waged war against those of either another religion or no religion. Today it's the religious zealots that are creating a hell in the world, not atheists.

Wait-A-Minute, don't you know Atheists believe in survival of the fittest and kill off the weak?? (See the first video posted in this thread). Based on the video evidence, 99% of serial killers are Atheists!

sophie

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Well....I don't believe in God, but I do believe I am a person of high moral standards. My reason for this is simple: my very existence on this Earth impacts others. It is, ultimately, a very small world that we inhabit. Out of respect for those around me and consideration for their feelings, I strive daily to make my impact positive or at worst, neutral. I feel an obligation to those around me to not make their worlds worse places to be simply because I exist, quite the opposite in fact. There's nothing religious about my motives. I simply believe that because we all share this space and all have to live together, that we are obligated to do this in as unobtrusive a fashion as possible. I don't feel like I am so important that I should get to negatively impact someone else's existence. They only get one life, who am I to ruin any part of it?

Minor Axis

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Well....I don't believe in God, but I do believe I am a person of high moral standards. My reason for this is simple: my very existence on this Earth impacts others. It is, ultimately, a very small world that we inhabit. Out of respect for those around me and consideration for their feelings, I strive daily to make my impact positive or at worst, neutral. I feel an obligation to those around me to not make their worlds worse places to be simply because I exist, quite the opposite in fact. There's nothing religious about my motives. I simply believe that because we all share this space and all have to live together, that we are obligated to do this in as unobtrusive a fashion as possible. I don't feel like I am so important that I should get to negatively impact someone else's existence. They only get one life, who am I to ruin any part of it?

A profound description of why you don't need God or threats from God to be good...

Jumbo Shrimp

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
following someone else's rules doesn't make you "moral" it makes you a tool. Humans invented religion to make people follow an "accepted" list of moral values or laws that would keep a society functional.

Minor Axis

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
following someone else's rules doesn't make you "moral" it makes you a tool. Humans invented religion to make people follow an "accepted" list of moral values or laws that would keep a society functional.

It depends as it all boils down to which rules do you agree with, not just following because they are the rules. In society, the majority tends to set the moral standards.

78,865Threads
2,185,212Messages
4,953Members
Back