Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Ammi

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,249.83z
It's been a...sad...24 hours in my neck of the woods. The mare in today's Project picture was found dead in her paddock yesterday evening. We're not sure what happened to her. She was healthy and alive when the day crew went home at 5pm. When I started the evening feeding at 8pm she...wasn't. We suspect a heart attack but they'll do a necropsy on her and find out for sure.

Then my Mom called me at work late this evening. My uncle (her brother) was found deceased in his home today. Also unexpected and the cause of death is currently unknown. I guess we'll find out more in the coming days.

ebQuP2J.gif
…oh my goodness, I’ve just read this…and I’m so, so sorry, FoN….I’m sending you a huge hug…you must all be in total shock and stunned with the sudden loss of your uncle…but for you to have the mare lose her life on the same day as well, how devastating for you…💔…I‘m thinking of you, FoN…

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
3,000.25z
…oh my goodness, I’ve just read this…and I’m so, so sorry, FoN….I’m sending you a huge hug…you must all be in total shock and stunned with the sudden loss of your uncle…but for you to have the mare lose her life on the same day as well, how devastating for you…💔…I‘m thinking of you, FoN…
Thanks, Ammi. ❤️

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
3,000.25z
Ah...after a month and a bit it's so nice to not have to worry about work. I'm relaxing tonight, doing a bit of cleaning, doing some packing. I think I'm going to pop over to Cranberry Flats for a sunrise photo shoot, go to the gym, and then get the oil changed in my car when that opens in the morning. I'll be leaving for MB tomorrow evening and travelling overnight. 😁

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
3,000.25z
This morning was NOT relaxing. I fed about 10,000 mosquitoes at Cranberry...and that was with bug spray on. I think I still got some good pics, though. It was very misty, which was neat. 😊

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
3,000.25z
I've been dealing with plantar fasciitis in my left foot for a number of years now. Up until now, I've been able to manage it fairly well but this past week it's escalated and walking has been absolute torture. Not good for someone who's on their feet a lot at work. This morning when I got up it was so bad I actually considered calling in sick to work. MYacU15.gif I've been at this job for 14 years and I've called in sick exactly twice so you know it's bad. Gs6N07H.gif I'm hoping that hobbling around like an invalid is not my new normal and that I can get this under control again without going to the doctor.

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
3,000.25z
I got a new Koprez foot wrap and I've been wearing it the past few days to work. It claims to eliminate plantar fasciitis pain or your money back. I'm not pain-free (yet?) but things are much improved. I'm liking it so much that I just ordered two more. They're a bit pricey but if they work, it's worth it. ☺️

78,865Threads
2,185,212Messages
4,953Members
Back