Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
3,001.25z
Lol, the mares have hated me this year. Of the 9 born so far this year, 3 have foaled for me. So I've gotten a fair amount of overtime this year because if a mare foals when I'm off, I get called in. Even last night's...this would normally have been my weekend off. Gs6N07H.gif One mare REALLY had it out for me. It was my weekend off and they were installing new tile in my shower so I wasn't getting a whole lot of sleep during the day. Not only did this mare foal that weekend, she foaled at 5am and I ended up having to stay until 7:30 trying to get her stupid colt to nurse. 9JylflI.gif I was exhausted that day.

Ammi

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,249.83z
…I know that has an annoying aspect as well for you, FoN…but it also constantly lets you know the importance you are in their lives and the difference you make with your job and that’s a ‘payback’ and balance that not everyone gets…😻

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
3,001.25z
I am in a foul mood today. I couldn't fall asleep this morning and as a result, slept later this afternoon. I didn't check my phone until after 5pm and there was a text from the farm manager asking if I could start work at 8pm for the next few days. Changing my schedule with only a few hours notice makes me grumpy so there's been a little storm cloud around my head all evening. Yelled at a few horses, threw some feeders. It's good times. Mpaby9i.gif

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
3,001.25z
Why are my smilies not working? Or is it just me?
B0ufo0m.gif

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
3,001.25z
It's been a...sad...24 hours in my neck of the woods. The mare in today's Project picture was found dead in her paddock yesterday evening. We're not sure what happened to her. She was healthy and alive when the day crew went home at 5pm. When I started the evening feeding at 8pm she...wasn't. We suspect a heart attack but they'll do a necropsy on her and find out for sure.

Then my Mom called me at work late this evening. My uncle (her brother) was found deceased in his home today. Also unexpected and the cause of death is currently unknown. I guess we'll find out more in the coming days.

ebQuP2J.gif

78,865Threads
2,185,212Messages
4,953Members
Back