Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
meat-grinder-gun.jpg

Peter Parka

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Got a laser sighter for it now! Going to shoot some pesky pigions in my sisters garden and put them in a pie, after Christmas.:thumbup:licklips:

IMG000139.jpg

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
sorry I deleted my pics. Hubby didnt think it was wise for me to be posting them online. Dont ask me why. :p

As long as you have mentioned that you recently sold the gun you're posting the picture of (which I'm sure is the case), and ensure that you NEVER post a picture of the serial number on the firearm, you should be fine.

Been shooting AR's since the early 80's when I enlisted. Recently just picked up a Robinson Arms XCR rifle with some accessories, and will never go back to a direct impingement system again. Wanted to pick up a 7.62x39 conversion kit for the rifle, but the mag issues has me worried.

Favorite sidearm would be a toss up between the Browning high power and the Sig 220, although I recently have been shooting a P226 that has the new grip reduction installed on it which I'm really becoming fond of.

Out of all the firearms I own, my most favorite two to shoot would be my uncles 1965 Remington Match Master with a Unertl scope and my Dad's 1931 Winchester .22 Lots of family history shooting those guns. Had my 6 year old son recently out in the back yard shooting with my father with that Winchester for the first time. I may need to think about purchasing a Crickett .22 (sp?) for him if he wants to keep shooting out back as the Winchester is just to big for him to handle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
how old is your nephew, Joe?
and please say he is not using live ammo....

I believe 9, and of course his father was with him.

Of course he's not using live ammo. You think I would trust a child to understand instructions, and actually realize that a gun could kill, that you should treat every gun as it's loaded, and you only aim it at something you intend to destroy?

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Kids under 7 and men over 78 don't get live ammo.

My father shooting his (well, he was nice enough to give it to me) .22 LR that was given to him by his brother when his (dad) brother went off into the Army for WW2. That gun is close to 70 years old and can still shoot great groups.

Single shots are so much fun to shoot IMO for numerous reasons.

Good thing my dad didn't have his hearing aids in:24:

Good fun day.

gramps_and_m.jpg

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Impressive and close, but no. I kind of wish it was a KTR LOL

VEPRII

I'm up in the air. Robinson Arms isn't bringing them in any more, but a couple of other distributors have picked them up, but not sure of the quality work done by the shops their subbing the work out to. A distributor had a FUGLY "VEPR Tactical" done by Red Jacket (AKA Sons of Guns) which brutalized the gun IMO).

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I gave it the ole college try, I thought it was a VEPR KTR, I was jealous. :D

From the pic, that college try was a 3.8 out of a 4.

I've always been impressed with Robinson Arms. The owner can be a little "out there", but when you see his work and what some of the other distributors are trying to do with the rifle, makes me appreciate their style more.

One of the better rifles out there in 5.56 is a XCR IMO.

All Else Failed

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Sporter model in 7.62X39

I really want to get their .308 version.

WASR10s are really hit or miss. Most guys I know love them though.

If I were to buy another AK, I'd save up and buy an Arsenal.

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
You going to convert it yourself or leave it as is?

I've been out of AK's for a while, but the impression I get is Arsenals can be a little overpriced for the actual work/parts used on them. That said, for the amount of guns they turn out as a company, not many probably come close to them.

Had to laugh, when I had that Saiga come in, I thought to myself "man, this is it? Seems kind of cheesy", then I stopped at another shop and picked up a WASR and then I realized how much better the Saiga really was per fit and finish. Rifle does need a flash suppressor though, and I'm not brave enough to thread the barrel myself so it'll go to a friend of a friend for that.

78,866Threads
2,185,227Messages
4,953Members
Back