The Naked Face Project

Users who are viewing this thread

MoonOwl

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Here's a bit:

"For nearly 60 days, two women from Charlotte, N.C., have been doing something that many women say they could never do: leave the house without makeup."

"Molly Barker, 51, and Caitlin Boyle, 27, also have stopped styling their hair, painting their nails, wearing jewelry, donning high heels or shaving anything.

They call it The Naked Face Project. Their mission: To go two months without their beauty routines so that they can answer a question: Why do they do these things anyway?"

http://yourlife.usatoday.com/mind-s...urce=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=205764

Could you? Would you?

For me, I rarely wear makeup anymore so that's not a challenge.

I don't know if I could go two months w/out shaving tho..... Especially my armpits.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,361.70z
I go through phases where I get out of the habit of wearing makeup, so that's no big deal...but not shaving, especially my armpits, would be a deal-breaker for me. And the only reason "nobody has said anything" about her hairy armpits is b/c they don't want to embarass her. Trust me, when she leaves the room, it's being discussed. :24:

Minderella

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I could not go out in public without makeup, even just a little bit. I don't wear a TON, but my skin looks better with it on that without it. It's a comfort thing.

Hair, is give or take--I have a curly mop, so I can get away with the "messy" look pretty easily and it still looks decent.

I go out without heels all the time, and shaving depends. Winter, I don't shave my legs often at all. Armpits I do all the time.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,361.70z
Winter, I don't shave my legs often at all. Armpits I do all the time.

Same here. If it gets warm enough to start wearing shorts again in the Winter time (which it often does in Georgia) I will shave...or if I have a *ahem* date. ;)

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Nope. All done up all the time. I just don't think I look good without at least some makeup and styling. :dunno not a lucky natural beauty. Fuck, not a beauty at all :24:

Dana

In Memoriam - RIP
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
ok make up I could see... Fuck my mom doesn't wear make up... but NOT shaving? thats disgusting... Although I have dated a woman who said she had an issue with excess hair. but it wasnt abundant.

Dana

In Memoriam - RIP
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
FYI... Shaving the ball field is differient. I don't mind if theres hair down there....

HK

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
I shave in the winter and switch to waxing, especially my underarms, in the summer, because it lasts so much longer. I'm not doing it often enough in the winter for that to be worth.

Make-up, I wear minimal amounts anyway, light dabs of foundation to even my skin out, bit of mascara, tinted lip balm. I wear more in the winter, but during the summer I can stop bothering with foundation at all, provided I get a little sun on my face. I tan easily and my skin loves the sun, I look a lot healthier.

I could do without the make-up if I had to, but I like feeling that little extra oomph. And there's no way I'm wearing sleeves all through the summer! That lady who said no one mentioned her hairy underarms - well yeah, who's going to do that? I bet they all noticed though.

Abcinthia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I rarely wear make up. I don't see the point if I'm just going to be home all day or just going to the park. I stopped shaving my legs for a while when I was pregnant. It was really hard to get to certain parts around the bump so gave up lol.

I have a friend who has never ever shaved her legs or underarms. Her leg hair is so soft to touch. It's not corse like man leg hair. But mind you she does shampoo and condition it so maybe that's why!

dancingpotato

Banned PER USER's Request
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I barely wear make up, I occasionally wear a bit of concealer cos I have dark circles round my eyes. Otherwise I like to let my skin breathe. I wear make up when I am going out on a night out or family event, mostly cos my mum prefers I "make an effort"

As for shaving, I have started epilating again since it lasts a lot longer and isnt as costly as waxing. I can be lazy and not epilate for some time, but if I was wearing shorts/skirt/dress or on a date, I would. I feel extremely dirty about not shaving my underarms though so that would be a no go for me. I struggled not shaving them for 10 days prior to waxing.

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I have a friend who has never ever shaved her legs or underarms. Her leg hair is so soft to touch. It's not corse like man leg hair. But mind you she does shampoo and condition it so maybe that's why!

:eek
lol

The body hair thing annoys me personally, that's why I shave. It just feels icky.

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
3,000.24z
I don't know how people wax under their arms. Waxing legs or anywhere else I'm fine with. No problem. I waxed under my arms once and holy crap, that hurt! :willy_nilly:

darkcgi

Glorified Maniac
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
I'm seeing this as much of a stance lots of people I know don't wear makeup
lots dont shave till its reaching a half a centimeter
the armpits I would be grossed at
and what is this all gonna change

acctnt shan

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I don't wear make-up every day. I do it when I'm going out, but more because the girls out here always doll up with make-up and I feel too plain if I don't.

Hair? Eh I usually wash + condition, then flip upside down and blow dry it. That's about the extent of my "styling" most days. Although I did get a new hair straightener I'm going to play with this weekend.

I wear high heels when I want to feel sexy. I think high heels really flatter a woman's legs & posture. I don't wear heels that are ridiculously tall though, I'm too much of a klutz for that. 2-3 inch heels are fine for me, although I wear flats a lot too.

Shaving? Ughh anyone with Italian genes knows you can't go without this... my hair is FAR too dark. In the winter I only shave my legs every couple weeks though. Armpits every other day usually.

Josh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
You ladies tickle me, you really do. Just because you pull your fur out, doesn't make you more evolved than we are, it just looks that way.
We don't hide from what we are, and this is the reason why we have, are and will continue to control the world. Deal with it, covergirls.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,361.70z
You ladies tickle me, you really do. Just because you pull your fur out, doesn't make you more evolved than we are, it just looks that way.
We don't hide from what we are, and this is the reason why we have, are and will continue to control the world. Deal with it, covergirls.

Huh???

:wtf:

78,865Threads
2,185,211Messages
4,953Members
Back