Same sex marriage

Users who are viewing this thread

brezzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.41z
What do you think of same sex marriage?

Some countries together with their cultures and people are open already on this issue, but there are however countries which do not support this.

How about in your country? Is this thing already accepted by laws, cultures and people? How about your own perception on this matter? Are you affirmative or not?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

drkn335

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
In my country, we have same sex marriages not, instead of just 'civil partnerships' and I totally agree with it. I think all people are the same, and they should not be discriminated against just because they love the same sex as themselves, I mean that's just ridiculous!! They should be allowed to marry just as much as anyone else, and the fact that now, in 2013, there are still countries that ban it, is incredibly shocking to me.

Josie

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.15z
We were the 4th Country in the world and the first outside Europe, to legalize same sex marriage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriage_in_Canada). My province was the first to grow up before the rest of the country decided to leap on board. We were 2003 and the rest of the nation by 2005. Proud of us, but it took long enough! I won't use the word tolerant.. I don't "tolerate" it and I hate it when people say that, although it's probably true at best. It just is.. and just as relevant as anyone else's relationship. The fact that someone can look at a group of people and tell them, "you don't deserve the same rights as me" makes me ill. What makes a straight person any better.. especially if they could be that heartless. When that same group of people FIGHT for marriage when the rest of us make a joke of it.. it's clear who deserves it more.

Igor Sobral

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.11z
There are countries that punish this with death penalty... It's disgusting. Gay people should have the same rights as anyone else and the fact that people have such closed-minds is why I hate people.

rand paul

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
There is the argument that same sex marriage goes against Christian religious teaching.
If governments force churchs to marry gays this is wrong.
That's my only problem with it.

klorjne

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
There is the argument that same sex marriage goes against Christian religious teaching.
The church can stay out of it as far as I'm concerned. I think it's insulting to our intelligence that a church would try to claim marriage as theirs. I became ordained precisely so I could help people keep church out of their weddings, and I'd do the same for gay people. I'd personally officiate every gay wedding in the state if the churches refuse to, those people deserve a shot at being happy.

WiccanWitch

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
It differs from province to province, just as it does state to state, but here in BC Canada, it's been legalized for a while. I was a teenager when it was legalized (28 now) and clearly remember the first gay wedding; it was a beautiful lesbian couple who got married at the big park here in town. They invited the entire city to celebrate with them! It was wonderful!
Being bisexual myself, I'm all for gay marriage. I mean, what if someone told you you couldn't marry your partner? It's no different. I often hear people say "well a gay couple can't have children." This is wrong and in all actuality, it's they gay community who often adopt, in turn, getting a lot of the children out of the system! That is the best possible situation for those kids! The gay community is not the problem here, it's those who feel their hands are clean enough to pass judgement on one another, be it in their own opinion, and especially under the "word of god." No god is or ever has been about negativity. If you believe in god, that's great, let him judge the gay community and keep your opinions and preachings out of it. We could just as easily turn around and tell you you're condemned because you have a certain eye color/hair color, speak a certain way, or even believe in the Christian bible! It's no different. Love is love, straight or gay...love is blind to race, appearance, language and especially gender! And by the way, no one needs a pastor to get married. I have a husband and didn't have a pastor, a father, etc. In fact, it wasn't even in a church!
Gay is by far the worst thing a person can be...think about it.

MyPaperBleeds

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm all for it. It generally seems that most of the people against it are against it for religious reasons, which I don't think justifies it. And being that I'm an atheist, I have no such issue. I've had friends who came out as gay, and I would hate to think that they were denied the same things in life that I can enjoy someday.

Josie

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.15z

Hmm.. too bad homosexuality and marriage were here first lol. Thankfully many churches are on board now. Can't please all the people all of the time though..

Qamra

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I just don't care.

I'm not interested in marriage full stop so why would I care what the others do?
If you don't harm anybody, you are free to do whatever with your life and I don't see how it would concern the other people.
Same with sex, as long as in consensual, I couldn't care less what you do it bed and who with.
That's my little opinion.

SS42A

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
While homosexuality is tolerated in the Philippines, same-sex marriage is not yet widely accepted as it is taboo for the Catholic Church as well as most religious groups. As I believe that a person has the freedom to live his life the way he wants, as long as he does not encroach on the rights of others, there is no reason why he should be denied same-sex marriage. He/she has the right to be happy, and no one, not even the religious, can compel him/her otherwise to adopt their beliefs because those are the norms required. Personally, I'm a straight guy, but I don't have any problem with gays.

lovemwaf

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I think that same sex marriage is not a well thought out idea. I think that people who have homosexual tendencies know that their relationship is not the same as other relationships and so should not expect the same stuff. I think that a marriage is a commitment to family and so if you dont or cant have a family then there is a issue. You cannot get married.

rand paul

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
In Ireland where I live at the moment, there is a referendum next year on homosexual marriage.
It is strange to see a country that 20 years ago only narrowly decriminalised homosexuality being 75% in favour of
legalising gay marriage now.

Josie

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.15z
I think that same sex marriage is not a well thought out idea. I think that people who have homosexual tendencies know that their relationship is not the same as other relationships and so should not expect the same stuff. I think that a marriage is a commitment to family and so if you dont or cant have a family then there is a issue. You cannot get married.

Their wanting to get married isn't what's not well thought through... they can have families. In fact, do you even know how many children have been saved by them, that us perfect heterosexuals tossed away? My ex neighbour went through so much to actually be able to have a biological child with her partner.. they were amazing mothers.. have never met better parents (and I'm not just saying that).

I hate this whole us and them thing. That's what's not well thought through. They're human beings. End.of.story... THAT's why they deserve everything everyone else does.

ReadmeByAmy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
Yes it is true there are already some countries who are open minded regarding same sex marriages. I know a distant friend living in one part of USA whose brother just got married from his long time boyfriend only this year. And both their families accepted their love for each other that is why they had tied the knot with no hindrance at all. The people who love them respect their decision and it only shows that this kind of marriages are now being accepted by some people in the society.

klorjne

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Their wanting to get married isn't what's not well thought through... they can have families. In fact, do you even know how many children have been saved by them, that us perfect heterosexuals tossed away? My ex neighbour went through so much to actually be able to have a biological child with her partner.. they were amazing mothers.. have never met better parents (and I'm not just saying that).

I hate this whole us and them thing. That's what's not well thought through. They're human beings. End.of.story... THAT's why they deserve everything everyone else does.

I fully agree with this. Of course they can have families. We need to stop defining family in a strictly biological sense altogether, it's harmful overall. It places a negative stigma on adoption, one of the most positive things somebody can do in my opinion. Family is about love and support, not DNA.

tamron

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I honestly don't see how anyone can oppose it. There's a religious argument, which is null and void if you live here in the US, because of a little something called separation of church and state. If you believe in traditional marriage for whatever reason, you really haven't studied up on your history of marriage. Marriage was until fairly recently something borne out of convenience. If I owned a print shop and had a son, I may try and marry him off to the daughter of someone who makes paper. "Love" was equated as lust and not a good reason to marry.

sulayman

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
It really does not matter. I think that if i want to do something that offends you then it is okay, but i wont try and make you like it and i think that a lot of gay people try to make us to like them but the issue is that what you do behind closed doors is not so appealing to some of us. So weddings for gay people to me seems like a desperate plea for attention.

mazHur

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
Many married heterosexual couple don't have children yet they live with it or at the most adopt a child..
Gays are an insult to humanity. I don't say they are not humans but their sexual conduct is unnatural, abominable and lowly. Historically, sodomy or homosexuality has never earned good name nor had any place in the history of mankind. Let's live and behave like humans and sexual lust or natural lack of something not allow us to mimic baboons and apes.
Maz

''And while it is far from being politically correct to say so, according to an article in the former Moody Monthly magazine, homosexuals account for half the nation's cases of syphilis, even though they represent only a small percent of the population. The reason? Promiscuity. Homosexuals are also the principal victims of AIDS and other infectious diseases, and are fifteen times more likely to commit a murder. And according to the EP News Service, the U.S. government spends more on AIDS research than it does on heart diseases. This is in spite of the fact that cardiac disorders claim forty times more deaths than AIDS.''

78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back