Participant count
  • Participants list

Veronica

The OG
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
316.98z
At the time of growing up, I wasnt happy w/ my parents. But now I realize she did the best she could. We were poor and didnt have dinner sometimes, but we survived. I would always wear hand me downs from my older sisters... but now I am doing good and I realize how brave it was of my mom to do the things she did to make sure we survived. She taught me so much. I am happy I was raised poor because it taught me so much about the world.

sharpies

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
You know it's only as you get older that you can truly appreciate what your parents went through. I'm sorry to say that it's true that some parents are shit (you need a licence to drive a car - but any dickhead can have a kid), but when you read these comments it seems that most of us have come to appreciate our parents.

I wonder if it would have had the same response if most of us were still teenagers living at home & wondering why our parents don't give us more, do more for us or kneel before us & worship us.

Allan

Tazzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Re: RE: Parents

sharpies said:
You know it's only as you get older that you can truly appreciate what your parents went through. I'm sorry to say that it's true that some parents are shit (you need a licence to drive a car - but any dickhead can have a kid), but when you read these comments it seems that most of us have come to appreciate our parents.

I wonder if it would have had the same response if most of us were still teenagers living at home & wondering why our parents don't give us more, do more for us or kneel before us & worship us.

Allan

You know i would have Loved my parents to have even thought i was OK ... Much less watched out for me ... My Mom hardly ever spent time with me ... i dont even knw what it means for one of them to even tell em they LOVED me even once ... I cant ever remember that happening :dunno :dunno .... Some times i think that is why i dont know what it means to be Loved :dunno :dunno

Vfast

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

2000Si said:
Vfast said:
what job????

If you want to know what I do don't hijack this thread, Pm me or start another thread somewhere.
how am I hijacking the thread..I was trying to be nice fuck it..

what do you need the attention of a new thread to know what petty thing you do for $$$$$ :eek:wned

spunkymaori

Reaction score
Tokenz
10.06z
i wasnt as lucky as many.....
but my mum was a great cook....sadly i didnt inherit her good deeds
and my dad was a drunk
but i still smile everyday.....lifes to short not too :D

TheOriginalJames

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

Vfast said:
2000Si said:
Vfast said:
what job????

If you want to know what I do don't hijack this thread, Pm me or start another thread somewhere.
how am I hijacking the thread..I was trying to be nice fuck it..

what do you need the attention of a new thread to know what petty thing you do for $$$$$ :eek:wned

I don't do petty things. I'd like to see your ass install and program a phone system for a customer.

Go back to being old and ignorant, leave me alone.

Vfast

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z

spunkymaori said:
i wasnt as lucky as many.....
but my mum was a great cook....sadly i didnt inherit her good deeds
and my dad was a drunk

hey most women can't cook now unless it's microwavable :D so I would worry about it

Sim

Reaction score
Tokenz
30.11z

This is a great thing to point out...and it's something a couple people in this thread need to remember, as well. *smiles*

spunkymaori said:

Rusteh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z

sharpies said:

Allan

i agree with that...when i was a teenager i could have nit picked them to death...now that i'm out from under thier roof...i see how hard they tried and how difficult i made it for them.

Tazzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z

Sim said:
This is a great thing to point out...and it's something a couple people in this thread need to remember, as well. *smiles*

spunkymaori said:

YOU Know Sim thanks for pointing that out no matter how bad things seem theres some one else who always has it worse ..... :rock :rock

lemon

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z

Tazzy said:
Sim said:

spunkymaori said:

YOU Know Sim thanks for pointing that out no matter how bad things seem theres some one else who always has it worse ..... :rock :rock

thanks for making me feel bad t :D

Tazzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z

lemon said:
Tazzy said:
Sim said:

spunkymaori said:

thanks for making me feel bad t :D

Sorry Lemon i wasnt talking about you ... MY life sucked big time too .. BUT i guess theres some one else whos sucked worse :dunno

OUZBnd

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
keep this in mind also... Just because there is something worse, or someone had it worse, that should never justify a bad situation. It's like referring to someone who got killed at the age of 18 in a car accident, then comparing it to someone who died at the age of 18 from cancer. Cancer is a horrible disease, but that doesn't make it any more justifiable for the parents who son or daughter died in a car accident. I guess what i'm trying to say is that parents should not be able to justify treating their kids badly merely because there are other parents who treated their kids worse.

78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back