Parents

Users who are viewing this thread

Rusteh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
When growing up, do you believe your parents were the best parents out there? I myself wouldn't change a thing about how i was raised...but i'm curious how other people grew up if it they weren't as lucky as me. So i'm just curious, if you could rate your parents how would u rate them? What would u have changed? What did you or want to copy from them?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Haus

OTz Original
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
i couldnt ask for better parents. they were the best. they put up with so much shit from me when i was in my teens.

Sim

Reaction score
Tokenz
30.11z
Good topic, Rusteh!

I think that I wouldn't change a thing about how I was raised. I loved growing up in the country within the city, and I loved that I had complete freedom to discover life and make my own decisions on major beliefs and values.

I would change, however, the date my father finally went to a physician...as I'd probably still have him here today, and I would still have the great relationship my mother and I once shared. (Her husband is a bit of an Aryan dickhead.)

But hey...ya know what? I was able to know him for 21 years (he died 11 days after my birthday), and he's the one who taught me all about cars, booze, Cheech & Chong, and cigars. So now you know who to blame it all on! LMAO

sharpies

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I, too, could not complain about my mother. My parents divorced when I was 4 & we were brought up by mum.
She did a great job under some harsh conditions. It got so bad for her at one stage she nearly suicided but now she is raising my sisters kids after her death a year ago. Imagine looking after 3 teenage girls 20 years after your own kids have left home. Honestly don't know what I would have done without her.
Eventually my father & I were reconciled & I share a great relationship with him, although he is 1000 kilometers away.
All in all I know I had better parents than some of my friends.

Allan

hhayes

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
i love my mom and she did a great job raising me and joe! i don't think i would change anything. well maybe a thing or two but nothing to talk about. :D

Tazzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I guess im gona be the odd one .... :dunno ... My child hood SUCKED my Mom didnt really like me ... i was either grounded or grounded ... She even told me when i was older that if it wasnt for me her and my dad wouldnt have stayed together :dunno :dunno ... So i guess i can say id trade My mom and keep My dad ... after all if it hadnt been for me she wouldnt have stayed sssssssssooooooooo ..... besides when i got preg. with my daughter i was fixing to start my Senor year, she acted like i did that just to spit her UGH ....... I went out and got preg. on purpose :dunno :dunno :dunno ......... I can say it has been frustrating to say the least .........

Vfast

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
well I have to say mine was ok I guess..dad never really did much with us...never saw me play ball.. I would kill people on the field or hit a homer to get atleast my name in the paper he never looked...not even when I got free rides throw'd at me for football/baseball//...never even show'd to see me try out for the cin. reds or the pittsburgh peirates. mom was too busy working but show'd up for most games...she even walked several miles to see me play several times when we have just 1 car.

OUZBnd

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
I had a good childhood, my parents gave me whatever I needed. We eventually grew apart though. We are not very close, i guess we never were. But thats not their falt, its mine. I have trouble letting people get close to me. My dad and I butt heads sometimes, but thats expected since we are both very hard headed. Out of all my family members I am closest to my grandfather. He is my mentor, and I will always look up to him and strive to live my life as good as he has lived his.

Vfast

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
:D I think why you all didn't get along was you got everything you want....it's just like me and my son.....they don't know, no

OUZBnd

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
i dont mean anything i wanted, i should have said anything I needed. i wasn't deprived by any means, but i also wasnt spoiled

AtlanticBlue99

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
my parents are very great ones. they are divorced, but they are friendly around each other and my step mom is nice too, i get everything i need as well, and my parents support my endeavers as long as i can afford to cover my mistakes. there is no paying me out of trouble or spoiling me like my rich friends, but hey, i respect them more for it. i can understand the value of a dollar and a hard day's work. i loved my childhood and my teenage years are expanding the greatness of my relationship with my parents. i see myself being close to them throughout my life, even if i move away for a job. i do want to remain in the SE USA though.

BooFetus

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Mine are cool. I get whatever I need, and then most of what I want. Real dad wasn't real good at keeping at promises after he left, but when he came threw, you got what you wanted. Step- dad got me whatever I asked for, as long as he wasn't broke. I'm glad my grandmother isn't my mother, because I would have got beat just for making a B, and for that stealing I did, I would've gotten beat in front of the class. Well, at least Mom has laid off of the physical punishment since I've gotten older, and tries to find a soution to a problem and tells me to decide what my punishment should be. Neither one of my fathers have ever laid a hand on me, tho. Had good relationships with all of them, even tho I'm closer to step- dad, and Mom thinks I should hate my real dad, but I just don't.

So they preety much :rock

Sim

Reaction score
Tokenz
30.11z
Re: RE: Parents

I was spoiled beyond rotten. Of course, the money they used to do such was rightfully mine anyway...but that's a story best left for personal conversations. *smiles*

OUZBnd said:
i dont mean anything i wanted, i should have said anything I needed. i wasn't deprived by any means, but i also wasnt spoiled

K

Kungfu

My Sperm and Egg Donor Are fucking losers and have not seen or talked to either of them in a very long time and I am better off for it! And no they did not leave me, they were divorced when I was 3 and i tried living with both of them and one was a whore, druggie, and thief....the other was abussive, druggie, controling, Bastard that needs to have the living shit beat out of him...wait I did that already...

Now my PARENTS are My grandparents, now they are awsome!...They treated me with respect, taught me right from wrong, morals, taught me to have good work ethics, punished me when i did something really bad, supported me in whatever I did and still do, took care of me when I was ill...They are the best I could have ever asked for and I will do whatever it takes to pay them back for all they have done for me!

Jersey

Mrs. Dontchaknow
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.11z
my mom and dad are awesome- always gave me what i needed without spoiling me.. and i have a great deal of respect for them...
my stepdad is AMAZING... the most awesome guy in the world- has always made me feel like his own child- he would give me the shirt off the back if i needed it.. NOWWWW step monster mom on the other hand... WORSTTTTTTTT ever... she is an evil wicked biotch.. has always had some kind of ongoing competition with me for my dad's attention.. and apparently she won in the long run.. i was always daddy's little girl since my parents were divorced- and now i hardly ever talk to him, they moved half to the other side of the country.. and im lucky if i talk to my dad once a month.. he works all the time.. while she sits on her ass all day... and i think ill stop now- before i get angry and throw the computer across the room .... this is for you demon spawn :fu :fu :fu

Hurt911gen

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
OK my parents are way cool and i moved out a year ago. i was adopted too so it was way lucky to be me! one thing is my dad didn't really talk much about anything. he also had no friends. he didnt really like cars, drinking, action movies, women, you know things that fathers enjoy. he just got his shit taken care of, and then watched football/basketball/soccer game (depends on the season). my mom loves him though. she has tons of friends...one thing i dont understand is how they met each other...my dad was like the biggest nerdo (he is an engineer currently) and my mom was blonde and she played basketball for her HS...go figure :D !
yeah i guess you can say i'm spoiled :D but my parents never made me slack in school or in social life. they took great care of me but they also weren't overprotective. now i'm going to college i've always wanted to, have a lot of good friends (you guys know some of them... :D ), pay for my own shit with my own money, drink :D ,smoke weed :D and work on my acura :D . i've had a great life so far

TheOriginalJames

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I always thought my parents were fair, and always encouraged me to be aggressive in getting what I want and to acheive the goals I set for myself.

I on the other hand, wasn't very aggressive because it took me 4 years after I graduated high school to finally suck it up and start doing what I wanted to do.

78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back