Knitting/Crocheting/Embroidery and so on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

StripedCat

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Unfortunately, I am not able to help you. :( Once, this ssk-thing was the reason for giving up knitting a certain shawl. All the ssk-parts looked terrible. -.-

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

HottyToddyChick

Toes in the water...
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
At least I know it's not just me!

Maybe someone will come through who knows how to do it right, and help us.

At this point, I'm just planning on tugging the yarn stitch by stitch until those are tightened and the excess spread throughout the row. No big deal for that small section, but on the other sock... bleh

Abcinthia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
sam2710.jpg

I've been doing a cross stitch of Van Gogh's Starry night. It's simplified from the painting but this is the first cross stitch I have done in years, so I'm glad that it's not too complicated.

StripedCat

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've recognized that it is Van Gogh's Starry Night before reading your text. I LOVE Van Gogh, and Starry Night is one of my favourites.

What is this supposed for? Will it be for a pillow?

Btw, during my absence I knitted a lot of socks:

Blockstreifen lila schwarz.jpgRingelsockenKreta.jpgSockeRollrand.jpgNew Year Socks Finish.jpg

FeuerwehrsockeWIP1.png

(sry that the last pic turns out to be so huge. oO)

Attachments

• Blockstreifen lila schwarz.jpg
    Blockstreifen lila schwarz.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 9
  • RingelsockenKreta.jpg
    RingelsockenKreta.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 10
  • SockeRollrand.jpg
    SockeRollrand.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 10
  • New Year Socks Finish.jpg
    New Year Socks Finish.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 10
  • FeuerwehrsockeWIP1.jpg
    FeuerwehrsockeWIP1.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 5

Abcinthia

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I'm going to frame it when I'm finished. I'm hoping it might be done by Christmas but I keep working obsessively over it for days/weeks on end and then stopping and going back to reading.

My mum loves to knit socks. She can knit them quite quickly now.

StripedCat

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
It's the same as me knitting. Sometimes I don't seem to do anything else than knitting, and then, in the middle of some knittingpiece, I stop it for weeks.

sillver

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
OOOOhhh hopefully my post will revive this thread because this one fascinates me!
I'm an avid crocheter and have been crocheting for over 30 years. Within the last few years I have started going to thrift stores and purchasing sweaters to "recycle".
I take them apart and then re-use the yarn to create new items. So far I have crocheted a dress and several bikinis from sweaters that I have recycled.
Currently, I am also exploring things that I can make with t-shirt yarn. I want to see how far the range is for this wonderful textile! :)

kat74

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
I made my sitting room carpets from whole and also my toilets mats. Its a long and tedious process but the results are worth it. No one else has a carpet like my and every time someone comes in my house, the first thing they notice is the carpet.

dreamseer

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
You are all so talented, and the pieces are beautiful! My grandmother has crocheted for years, and do an afghan for a full size bed in under a week. I have tried my hand at it, but never could get it right (I'm left handed and it's hard for anyone to show me.) But I absolutely love to sew! I have made a ton of clothing items including prom dresses, but unfortunately I never took pictures of anything!

Aries

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
I can knit scarves but I forgot how to cast off. So if I feel like knitting another I just buy new needles. So far I have about 5 scarves with needles hanging off them. I guess I should look up casting off now, huh? :tooth

twinsmake5

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I really like some of these projects in this thread! We have some real talent here. I mainly crochet and I am not too bad at it. I can knit as well but I usually confuse myself with that! I can sew as well and have a really nice sewing machine, but I have found that I prefer hand sewing instead. Yeah, it's a lot more work but I like it.

macnlee

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I am just learning how to knit socks, and I have one halfway done!

But I've been crocheting for about 11 years now. I started out making amigurumi (small cute stuffed animals and such). I'd have to say the thing I'm best at is hats. I've dappled in lace, but it's hard to find 'modern' patterns for it. I'm in the middle of a big blanket right now, I really want to finish it because I've only ever finished small baby blankets.

I've recognized that it is Van Gogh's Starry Night before reading your text. I LOVE Van Gogh, and Starry Night is one of my favourites.

What is this supposed for? Will it be for a pillow?

Btw, during my absence I knitted a lot of socks:

(sry that the last pic turns out to be so huge. oO)

I love the multicolored striped socks! (The rainbow ones) Did you come up with the stripes arrangements yourself? I love that the stripes and spacings are varied and not all the same.

78,864Threads
2,185,192Messages
4,953Members
Back