Knitting/Crocheting/Embroidery and so on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

purpledove

Seizing Life ♥
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Cool. :) If you'd like to, show some pictures.

One day I want to learn crocheting, too. But at the moment I have enough to do by learning how to knit. :24:

I find crocheting a lot easier than knitting. You've got a hook at the end of the crocket tool compared to the knitting needle!

Awesome hobby! I like the colors of the first wool thread! The pencil case you made looks great too! :thumbup

Are you halfway in making your shawl yet? :unsure:

StripedCat

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
find crocheting a lot easier than knitting. You've got a hook at the end of the crocket tool compared to the knitting needle!

Yes, crocheting is a bit easier, but the products turn out to be stiffer than knitted ones, and that's why I prefer to knit things like sockes or shawls. Crocheting would be me choice when doing a blanket or something similar. :)

Awesome hobby! I like the colors of the first wool thread! The pencil case you made looks great too! :thumbup

Are you halfway in making your shawl yet? :unsure:

Yes, somewhere around one third of the whole shawl, I think. Had to subordinate it a bit, b/c the pencil case and the socks for a friend have to be done at a given time. :)

But the shawl turned out to be not as tricky as I considered it to be. ^^

HottyToddyChick

Toes in the water...
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I finished this a week or so ago for my friend who's due in Sept. Her husband is a Kansas City fan and baby's initials will be KC so it worked out perfectly!

It was my first time doing intarsia, too.

img00466201105181527.jpg

HottyToddyChick

Toes in the water...
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Thanks!

It was definitely frustrating, but it helps to pull one of the threads out of the yarn, so it's thinner than what you knitted with. I can't for the life of me remember where I read that, but it worked.

purpledove

Seizing Life ♥
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I finished this a week or so ago for my friend who's due in Sept. Her husband is a Kansas City fan and baby's initials will be KC so it worked out perfectly!

It was my first time doing intarsia, too.

img00466201105181527.jpg

Nice work :thumbup

Intarsia? :unsure: *googles*

My missus knitted an indoor coat and a snood for the dog.

7442_10150186035366527_758451526_7171726_5213622_n.jpg

W0W! awesome talent.

Repped your wife :p

StripedCat

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
In between I've finished these green socks for my friend:

GrneSockenfertig.png

Currently I am working on Azzu's Shawl - a pattern, that one can find on ravelry. Admittedly, it turned to be a production, and I always can only work for short times on it what's the reason why I'm knitting on it since May. >_>

AzzusShawlWIPSept.png

Another current project is a big, woollen scarf for a friend who has a birthday at the end of september:

InkBlueScarfWIP.png

The wool is hard to knit, but I like the colour scheme of it. :)

purpledove

Seizing Life ♥
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
You're becoming so much better with the socks eh :thumbup ( Can i pre-order now?? jk )

For a moment there, i thought the shawl was a panty-L0L

I agree, i like the color of that wool too :nod:

StripedCat

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
A panty??? :24: But yes, you're right, it looks somehow weird. *g* As soon as I've finished (what won't be that soon, as I assume >_>), I'll make a photo of myself wearing the scarf. :)

purpledove

Seizing Life ♥
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
A panty??? :24: But yes, you're right, it looks somehow weird. *g* As soon as I've finished (what won't be that soon, as I assume >_>), I'll make a photo of myself wearing the scarf. :)

.... it's at first glance, it looks like that. Well, it's understandable given it's unfinished. I like it's contrast of colors :nod:

Yup, I wanna see the finished product with a model....Yay!

StripedCat

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
...and even with a hole pattern. oO Looks great.

You knit toe up, right? I've never tried that. Somehow I don't dare to. I am so happy about having learnt to knit socks at all (and about being able to memorize how it works) that I somehow don't dare to learn a new way.

HottyToddyChick

Toes in the water...
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I never have done toe up, but I think I might like it more. The toe was really to do- provisional cast on, so there's no seam at the very end. I'll just have to tug my ssk and k2tog stitches to take some bulk out of the increases. I might also like it more because it works up faster than the last pattern I did (top down).

I figure there are so many different toes and heels that I can't make a decision until I've tried them ALL! So come winter, we'll have lots of socks. I think I can get two pairs out of this yarn.

StripedCat

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I figure there are so many different toes and heels that I can't make a decision until I've tried them ALL! So come winter, we'll have lots of socks. I think I can get two pairs out of this yarn.

You're very brave. :tooth
I've noticed all the different ways to knit heels and toes, too, but as already said: I don't dare to try. :24: I am not the most patient person in the world; could be, that trying something new makes me run riot. ^^

HottyToddyChick

Toes in the water...
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I think part of it is every pattern I have done so far calls for short row. The heels in the other, the toes in this. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but they never turn out even. The k2tog looks smooth enough, but the ssk is awful. I'm not sure what the difference is between the two, so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

This is how the inside of the toe looks:

k2tog under my index finger and then ssk going left from my finger

120728-121946.jpg120728-122001.jpg

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the other sock. The right one (this one) is worked with yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog. The left is yo, ssk, yo, skk... I don't think it's going to look pretty :(

78,864Threads
2,185,192Messages
4,953Members
Back